Democrat candidates for 2020

SmokeyBear1861

Way too early to say, but I could see a ticket of Warren/Castro or Warren/Kennedy.  And I think either would win somewhat easily.  More millennials are eligible to vote every day, and something tells me they'll actually show up in 2020.

I moved to SF right about the time Newsome was getting his start on the board of supervisors, and I remember thinking at the time he was a near lock to be a politician on the national stage. I moved back to Texas and haven't followed his politics in years, but that dude is as natural a politician as you will find.

2 hours ago, futureman said:

lulz at suggesting pocahontas as a viable candidate. 

I like her views but agree she would be unpalatable to too many voters ala Hillary. It's not fair, but nonetheless likely the case. 

5 hours ago, futureman said:

lulz at suggesting pocahontas as a viable candidate. 

lulz at suggesting Donald Trump as a viable candidate ----- every single human on earth in 2015

Newsome's baggage (the affair with the blonde) might be a little too much for him to overcome in the current atmosphere.

Edited by Hornius Emeritus

25 minutes ago, SmokeyBear1861 said:

I think $o too. The big money propaganda is intertwined with her. 

Another easy win for Trump. They literally rigged the debates for Hillary, told her the questions in advance, and he still blew her the fuck out. 

If by "blew her out" you mean said idiotic shit with magnetic appeal to America's vast moron class, you are correct. 

"No puppet, no puppet, you're the puppet," is hardly the sort of sterling oratory our presidential debates are famous for. 

• Like 1

I'm skeptical of Gillibrand's authenticity (her recent endorsement of Cuomo is disturbing), but she is much more politically savvy than Clinton, who treated the 2016 election like we were still living in 1996.  Gillibrand's support of a jobs guarantee is one illustration of that savvy.  

13 hours ago, softlynow said:

Landrieu

Gavin Newsome, assuming he wins his gubernatorial bid this year.

Chris Murphy

Gavin Newsome? The politician that keeps spouting that he’s going to fix homelessness and has failed horribly? I’m not sure what’s more appealing in California; the homeless tent cities with human feces baking in the sun, the bankruptcy, the thousands of meaningless regulations, or the hundreds of shopping carts you pass as you drive on pothole filled roads.

California is an absolute disaster and advocating that any politician from that state should lead our country is utterly insane. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Gavin Newsome? The politician that keeps spouting that he’s going to fix homelessness and has failed horribly? I’m not sure what’s more appealing in California; the homeless tent cities with human feces baking in the sun, the bankruptcy, the thousands of meaningless regulations, or the hundreds of shopping carts you pass as you drive on pothole filled roads.

California is an absolute disaster and advocating that any politician from that state should lead our country is utterly insane. 

Not that I expect an SF mayor to have a shot at the presidency, but the "California is a disaster" nonsense is always laughable. Its the biggest economic engine we have. Any desirable place is going to struggle with housing costs and homelessness. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Not that I expect an SF mayor to have a shot at the presidency, but the "California is a disaster" nonsense is always laughable. Its the biggest economic engine we have. Any desirable place is going to struggle with housing costs and homelessness. 

I’m sorry, but this is patently untrue. With even a modicum of research you would find that out of the ten cities with the highest homelessness, four of them are located in California. If that’s not indicative of poor leadership, I don’t know what is.

So shrugging your shoulders and saying that everyone struggles to the extent that California does is disingenuous on your part. Back to my original point; anyone that things that fraud Newsome should be anywhere near the presidency needs a lobotomy immediately.

38 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

I’m sorry, but this is patently untrue. With even a modicum of research you would find that out of the ten cities with the highest homelessness, four of them are located in California. If that’s not indicative of poor leadership, I don’t know what is.

So shrugging your shoulders and saying that everyone struggles to the extent that California does is disingenuous on your part. Back to my original point; anyone that things that fraud Newsome should be anywhere near the presidency needs a lobotomy immediately.

Lol.  CA is hurting so bad.  I’m sure they wish they could be Oklahoma, Alabama or many other complete shithole states that support Trump no matter how many times he doubles down on stupid.  Pooooor California.  Won’t anyone think of them???

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Those same cities are also all in the top 20 in population in the US. Large population centers attract a lot of homeless people? Shocking.

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.

53 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

California has 40 million people and is the most populous state in the US.  They also have much better weather (at least Southern Cal) than the other large-population states.

I would be very surprised if California only had 1-2 cities with the highest homelessness.  

Hillary needs to do the whole country a favor and announce she will not run for President in 2020.  She was the only person that could lose to Trump, and her reputation is scarred forever as far as I'm concerned. 

As long as she's considered a potential candidate,  the Democratic Party is completely fucked. 

16 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Way too early to say, but I could see a ticket of Warren/Castro or Warren/Kennedy.  And I think either would win somewhat easily.  More millennials are eligible to vote every day, and something tells me they'll actually show up in 2020.

I want to see Castro run if he pronounces his name all Cuban-style as "Cahtro".

Which would be close to a Canary Island accent too, which I've heard is the origin of most original San Antonio settlers.

[/taps pipe on leather elbow of tweed jacket in intricate non-Milkman ritual]

7 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Those same cities are also all in the top 20 in population in the US. Large population centers attract a lot of homeless people? Shocking.

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.

Unfortunately, you just unwittingly made my point for me. Chicago, Houston, Phoenix, San Antonio, Dallas, Austin, Jacksonville, Indianapolis, Columbus, FT Worth, Charlotte, Detroit, Memphis, and El Paso all crack the top 20 most populated cities and strangely don’t make the top homeless list. So, of the six that did, four reside in California. 

Remember the Hepatitis A outbreak that had health officials reeling? That’s just a taste of what’s to come from these despicable tent cities, where people sleep on top of human waste. It’s shocking that people defend this inhumane treatment of people, many of which are mentally ill. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

You got any analysis to back this up?

I ask because her political behavior over the last few years indicated she is eyeing a 2020 presidential run. 

my analysis is backed up by the fact she's come out publicly and said she's not running.

37 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

California has 40 million people and is the most populous state in the US.  They also have much better weather (at least Southern Cal) than the other large-population states.

I would be very surprised if California only had 1-2 cities with the highest homelessness.  

Yes, the homeless population rose 14% last year because of the beautiful weather. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

I want to see Castro run if he pronounces his name all Cuban-style as "Cahtro".

Which would be close to a Canary Island accent too, which I've heard is the origin of most original San Antonio settlers.

[/taps pipe on leather elbow of tweed jacket in intricate non-Milkman ritual]

There remains a top out of sight elite of Canarians in SA, but they have since been far outnumbered by the descendants of the mission Indios. A couple of natives of the city -- not local Gringos, either -- told me that the entire Southside of the city is now, and I quote, "Comanche country."  

• Like 1

On 3/28/2018 at 3:25 PM, MaybeACoordinator said:

There remains a top out of sight elite of Canarians in SA, but they have since been far outnumbered by the descendants of the mission Indios. A couple of natives of the city -- not local Gringos, either -- told me that the entire Southside of the city is now, and I quote, "Comanche country."  

I met a woman who is from one of the original Canary island families at an event. While we were talking someone introduced a surgeon to us who was also from a prominent historical Mexican family but not part of the founders. When the Doctor walked away she said with disgust, "He is nothing but a lowly indian." The doctor didn't appear to have any Mesoamerican in him but apparently his blood wasn't pure enough for her liking.