10 best live music venues in the US

tbone_

I like non-crowded non-sold-out shows at Stubbs.  Not sure it's a top ten venue nationwide, but ok sure.  I actually prefer really small venues like Saxon Pub over any of the larger ones.

Red Rocks is pretty awesome.

Hollywood Bowl is cool too.

Those are the only three on the list I've visited.

First Ave, many times.  Been to Red Rocks and Ryman in a physical sense, but never seen a show at either.

First Ave is phenomenal, and I'm glad it made the list.  You can just feel the years of rock and roll when you walk through the door, or visit their horrific bathrooms.  

been to red rocks, hollywood bowl, and stubb's. 

red rocks is by far the best, just an amazing place. hollywood bowl was cool in a historic sense but not really that great, worth visiting once. stubb's isn't even the best venue in austin, but on a nice spring/fall evening when it's not packed and sweaty it can be a great place.  

When I saw rush at red rocks they didn’t do any intro or anything. They just went from a completely dark stage (couldn’t even tell the band members were onstage) and out of nowhere they kicked into Tom Sawyer. It was pretty jarring and awesome at the same time.