Mike Williams is leaving the team

Machinator

15 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

As hard as this is to believe, leaving college when you're unhappy or unprepared, even the University of Texas, might be the best decision in the long run. On the other hand, it might not be.

^^^^^^Hello Mister Robinson^^^^^^

giphy.gif

Edited by LTtxfan

Some of you act like Texas is the only path to success in life. 

If he’s gone for family reasons there’s a good chance he’ll end up playing somewhere closer to home and be just fine. If only there were a college with a decent football team for him near Baton Rouge. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Your Mom said:

If he’s gone for family reasons there’s a good chance he’ll end up playing somewhere closer to home and be just fine. If only there were a college with a decent football team for him near Baton Rouge. 

Lol yeah they're going to take a kid who they didn't offer out of high school and who quit on his previous team with minimal notice.

He's probably going to Southern or ULM/ULaLa.

9 hours ago, David Dennison said:

As hard as this is to believe, leaving college when you're unhappy or unprepared, even the University of Texas, might be the best decision in the long run. On the other hand, it might not be.

This seems pretty safe for this thread's inevitable necro bump.

8 hours ago, Your Mom said:

For what it is worth...... Doubt Texas clears a transfer for Mike Williams to LSU since Horns play them in 2019 and 2020

Edited by LTtxfan

5 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

Even if that’s all it is - and I don’t know, some have implied there’s more - I think it’s pretty lame to make fun of an 18-19 year old kid for it. 

True, but damn losing these potentially great players just triggers me.

I do need to wait to have more details before I go shaking the bushes though.

1 minute ago, SHOOTER12 said:

True, but damn losing these potentially great players just triggers me.

I do need to wait to have more details before I go shaking the bushes though.

Ftr, I wasn’t trying to single you out. This thread has been a mixture of that and more positive sentiments.

As long as he doesn’t trash the program on his way out, and wasn’t some sort of problem here (which doesn’t seem to be the case), I’d rather just wish him well. It’s probably not the best decision longterm. But who knows what’s going on? Even if it is just homesickness, he’s far from the first college freshman to struggle with that, and maybe it’s bad enough it’s actually necessary to go home. 

I hope he finds a place to play, takes advantage of his educational opportunities, and excells on and off the field-as long as it’s not vs Texas.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

Ftr, I wasn’t trying to single you out. This thread has been a mixture of that and more positive sentiments.

As long as he doesn’t trash the program on his way out, and wasn’t some sort of problem here (which doesn’t seem to be the case), I’d rather just wish him well. It’s probably not the best decision longterm. But who knows what’s going on? Even if it is just homesickness, he’s far from the first college freshman to struggle with that, and maybe it’s bad enough it’s actually necessary to go home. 

I hope he finds a place to play, takes advantage of his educational opportunities, and excells on and off the field-as long as it’s not vs Texas.

Actually, I needed calling out, very stressed, high strung and edgy today.

No offense, I appreciate it.

35 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Actually, I needed calling out, very stressed, high strung and edgy today.

No offense, I appreciate it.

i would strongly recommend doing a tour of the football, recruiting, and politics boards today then...  that should help put you at ease.

10 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

Third ultra athletic Mike Williams to not make it at UT; second in football.  Cursed.  Don’t recruit any more Michael or Mike Williams.  Mykkele Williams might be an acceptable alternative though!

what about if his mom and brother are huge Michael Jordan fans and he is named Lil'Michael

16 hours ago, texifornia said:

Nothing specific, but when he was being recruited it sounded like he lived with his coach for a while and his family is beyond dirt poor. Single mother, too, if I recall. Also has a much younger brother (the little kid in the picture)

Now Gerald Wilbon has a very similar situation (his dad's been in prison his whole life), so it's not like it's impossible to make it out, but still.

That's a very tough situation to be in and something most of us probably cannot even understand. Life is extremely difficult when you have very few options.

Hopefully he can find the opportunity to play close to home, he had an LSU offer at one point.

20 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Thank you for the BREAKING NEWS, 247. Bang-up job.

Still believe there's more to this story not being said publicly......A little different take on Williams departure in above 247 article (see below)   

"However, Williams informed the staff of his intentions to leave the program Friday, sources told Horns247. According to sources close to the defensive lineman, Williams was disappointed that he did not see playing time during his first season with the Longhorns, and is looking for a fresh start at a new program."

Edited by LTtxfan

Just now, LTtxfan said:

Still believe there's more to this story not being said publicly......A little different take on Williams departure in above article (see below)   

"However, Williams informed the staff of his intentions to leave the program Friday, sources told Horns247. According to sources close to the defensive lineman, Williams was disappointed that he did not see playing time during his first season with the Longhorns, and is looking for a fresh start at a new program." 

If that's really it (and I'd think there's more), that's beyond stupid.

A kid who played QB in high school, frustrated he didn't get run out at DE for a top 15 team fighting for a conference title? Yeah, ok.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Still believe there's more to this story not being said publicly......A little different take on Williams departure in above article (see below)   

Would kinda fit with Byron Vaughn's mom's tweet