The Downfall of Craig James

bmbmd

21 minutes ago, bmbmd said:

Good read, but doesn't say enough about CJK5H.

https://sports.yahoo.com/downfall-craig-james-create-karma-021520234.html

"In the wake of negative headlines from the Leach drama and the untrue claims about James killing prostitutes that still exist in his Google profile, James theorized to Texas Monthly that there’s “a group of people who would like to see me come down.” He added: “They don’t like that I’ve been a dad and I’ve been there for my kids. They don’t like that I’ve been in the spotlight but haven’t stumbled.”

16 minutes ago, slorch said:

Liked him when he was at SMU...then again, I was 12 and didn’t know shit.  The older I get, the more idiotic his existance appears to be. 

I didn't, because we all already knew how much SMU boosters paid him and Eric Dickerson to become amateur football players for their school.  FCJ.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ADHD said:

They gave Eric Dickerson a gold smokey & the bandit model trans am.

They gave Craig James a yellow Ted Bundy model Volkswagen bug.

A&M gave Dickerson the gold Trans Am.  Which he then drove whilst "playing school" at SMU.

SMU gave them each much, much more than that.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I didn't, because we all already knew how much SMU boosters paid him and Eric Dickerson to become amateur football players for their school.  FCJ.

Actually the “how much” question on ED was a well kept secret until that 30for30 came out and he was shooting his mouth off about how he’d never tell. ED is as stupid as CJ

7 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

Actually the “how much” question on ED was a well kept secret until that 30for30 came out and he was shooting his mouth off about how he’d never tell. ED is as stupid as CJ

Well it was like the Cam Newton payoff-- with Cam, we knew that the LOSING bid was $180,000.  Similarly, we knew how much ED and CJK5 were passing on, from other schools.

And I certainly agree that ED is as stupid as CJK5H, no disagreement there.

Edited by utee94

4 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Well it was like the Cam Newton payoff-- with Cam, we knew that the LOSING bid was $180,000.  Similarly, we knew how much ED and CJK5 were passing on, from other schools.

And I certainly agree that ED is as stupid as CJK5H, no disagreement there.

It was actually considerably more than Cam, all told.

54 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Needs to be on a bumper sticker.

I would most definitely buy one.  He should have gone Boz and ran these stickers hisself... but that’d cut into his time for killing hookers.

"there’s a group of people who would like to see me come down.” He added: “They don’t like that I’ve been a dad and I’ve been there for my kids. They don’t like that I’ve been in the spotlight but haven’t stumbled.”

Yeah. That's it. Everyone hates you because you're nice to your kids. What a dipshit.

• Like 3

Fuck him.

One trivial question about the article:

These days, the most notable part of James’ broadcast repertory is his complete absence from the airwaves. James’ last television gig came in August 2013, a one-episode stint on an obscure Fox Sports Southwest show that ended in a controversial firing. As his prominence has faded from both screen and memory, a complicated question looms: Whatever happened to Craig James?

Should that not read "What ever happened to Craig James?" instead of "whatever"?

1 hour ago, irishtexan said:

"there’s a group of people who would like to see me come down.” He added

So Craig, between being permanently ostracized from a once promising broadcasting career and losing one of the least successful senate campaigns in the history of the state, at what point would you consider you've been "brought down?" 

Edited by Bill Lumbergh
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SHOOTER12 said:

If I'm not mistaken, aggy gave him the TA and then he split to SMU with it.

Poor aggy....

aggy isn't good at football or at cheating. 

And he actually didn't get the chance to drive it in HP as a vengeful aggy soon thereafter destroyed the car. 

So they likely paid for the car (ED of course denies that), got a verbal from him, watched him sign with SMU, and then destroyed the car they bought. 

It's the most aggy story imaginable. 

12 minutes ago, ztejas said:

aggy isn't good at football or at cheating. 

And he actually didn't get the chance to drive it in HP as a vengeful aggy soon thereafter destroyed the car. 

So they likely paid for the car (ED of course denies that), got a verbal from him, watched him sign with SMU, and then destroyed the car they bought. 

It's the most aggy story imaginable. 

Yeah, aggy never cheat,lie,or stealor.. something something something

Question though, did the car really get destroyed? I hadn't heard that.