Cool Pictures of Music Icons

dcbc

On 9/10/2020 at 11:59 PM, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Capture+_2020-09-10-23-56-27-1.png

Didn't know that Bill Barr's career in law enforcement began as a security guard for Elvis Presley (over the King's right shoulder).  

that's a great pic of Elvis though.  I'm sure everybody shat bricks before one of his shows, but he just strode out and commanded the audience like a King.  

Edited by Lobo

Oh, well in that case...I like it very much.  He said Michael Douglas, not me.  I guess technically they were both Michael Douglas.  But all of us, in life, be us Elvis or some simple peon all have our own Mike Douglas to face.  

But you can't tell me that ain't Paulie Sorvino and fucking Bill Barr behind the King.  

17 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Oh, well in that case...I like it very much.  He said Michael Douglas, not me.  I guess technically they were both Michael Douglas.  But all of us, in life, be us Elvis or some simple peon all have our own Mike Douglas to face.  

But you can't tell me that ain't Paulie Sorvino and fucking Bill Barr behind the King.  

...and Martin Sheen flanking the Kang's left side. 

5 hours ago, Lobo said:

Didn't know that Bill Barr's career in law enforcement began as a security guard for Elvis Presley (over the King's right shoulder).  

that's a great pic of Elvis though.  I'm sure everybody shat bricks before one of his shows, but he just strode out and commanded the audience like a King.  

Yeah, that is a great pic. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How I wish she would have ripped the Colonel's arm off through that cab door and beaten him to death with it.  

Also pos rep to that densely-cankled broad on the far left.  Despite those shoes and cargo in tow, she corners like she's on fucking rails.  I hope Elvis partied with her later that night. 

• 4 weeks later...

You may have had a cool night in your prime, but you'll never be Bo Diddley taking Gretsch out for a chicken dinner before partying with the boys, getting your swerve on, and then pumping out "Pretty Thing" in that badass hat in front of thousands of adoring fans.....type of cool. 

Always liked that guy.  

• 3 weeks later...

Last year, he's still alive dude.

Kidding aside, that is a great pic.  

And I love the #634 one of Elvis on that long couch in that pastel yellow jacket and pastel purple pants playing the bass guitar.  Not even his instrument and certainly not his color palate, and he looks like a kid who got the bass from his grandma for Easter because she thought it "looked like those guitars you like to play."  He looks so at peace and so badass at the same time.  Probably taken during the movie era the Colonel thought was such a good idea.  Man, we were robbed of so much more great music from him during that time.  

• 1 month later...
On 7/26/2018 at 8:31 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Chuck bigtimed everybody.  I recorded a local drummer many years ago who got tabbed to back up Chuck at Aquafest or some such.  As per usual, no rehearsal, and as per usual, total screaming at the band after the show, threatening not to pay them, etc.

I was at that show with my parents. The vibe you're describing was accurate. You could feel "Family Fun Time" Days was sundowning and Maybe We Have To Double Face Jab Shirtless But Not Quite Homeless Yet Guy to enjoy the free show. 

• 3 weeks later...