Cool Pictures of Music Icons

dcbc

5 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Mick Jagger drinks a beer at the Thirsty Beaver in Charlotte, North Carolina last night as the other patrons are oblivious to his presence.

Mick Jagger Thirsty Beaver.jpg

My friend was just telling me about this. 

https://jeremymarkovich.substack.com/p/mick-jagger-charlotte-thirsty-beaver

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Anton Chigurh said:

Pretty sure that’s George in 1966.

1883fb734197812e6c1739b543fb27dc.jpg
19dce0cc1262086fc3a389a9d347e4f3.png
3174f3573905891d37194ba2548191f8.png
cd9535aa9d967265684a3c8523fbbf8c.png
8edee73bd8420e727b53bb3a2fc31afd.png
dbfb3dd3a95709b5f191d268eaa90bfa.png

After further investigation, I think you're right. There was a big Reddit fight that I read about this maybe 5-6 years ago and it seemed to me then that the Dhani people won. But then, George said that Dhani looked more like him than he, himself, did.  The resemblance really is remarkable.

3 hours ago, Grandioso said:

Susanna Hoffs tweeted this today. Might as well gawk at it and worship her as the goddess she is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have probably mentioned this before, but she and I had a mutual friend.  I shared a booth with her at a club one night, mid 80's...Memory is faded, Madam Wong's or Music Machine probably.  She was so cute and charming.  She also made it clear early in the evening that I had no shot whatsoever.   To clarify, there were a half-dozen people in the booth.

Edited by Gil Bang
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

There's a great story about how shortly after Woodstock, Janis took her band down to Asbury Park to play a couple shows. She spied a local boy with hippie-length hair in the crowd during a set & immediately set out to fuck him. At the break, she was introduced to this local guitar hero--a 19 year old Bruce Springsteen--and she wrapped her legs around him and tried to devour him right there. They had to pry her off of him to get her out to play the 2nd set. Bruce--scared to death by her--snuck out during the next show. When Janis finished up she tracked down two of his bandmates and demanded they take her to him. They wisely played dumb & she had to find some other young native to fuck that night. That guy's probably still bragging about his good fortune to all of his friends.

• Hook 'Em 1