Cool Pictures of Music Icons

dcbc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Damn. I might have quit that job. 

It was literally the last day on the job as Staff at a Scout summer camp where we were dismantling the camp.  I could've hauled ass, but it would've just left a lot of good guys to have to clean up what I didn't do.  So I didn't.  

But I thought about it. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Joe was a guest DJ on the Beatles Sirius Channel.  

He said the day Sgt. Pepper's came out, he was sharing a house with 3 other musicians that all played in different bands.

One of the roommates came home with the album, and they hooked up the turntable to two Marshall amps.  Joe said that he stretched out on the dining table between the amps, and listened to it 5 or 6 times.  He said the neighbors were yelling, the cops were pounding at the door, but "we didn't care...we couldn't hear 'em anyway".

I love Joe.  

Edited by Gil Bang
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, tbone_ said:

He used to fill in on q102 in Dallas for a week at a time when the regular morning DJ was on vacation. This was before he got cleaned up. Holy shit was that entertaining.

I remember him doing the same at KLBJ back in the late 80's early 90's....he was always with "Rick the Bass Player". Pretty sure it was Rick Danko of the Band and I think they were touring around with Ringo Starr and the All Starr band at the time.  

• dcbc changed the title to Cool Pictures of Music Icons