Cool Pictures of Music Icons

dcbc

Just now, Deej said:

Ha ha, I remember reading that. Tom over at the Les Paul forum shot that one down pretty damn quick. Since no photographs (currently) exist that showed the original repair on the neck, no one can be sure. Some claim it was actually a bolted on replacement after the original neck broke. But again, Tom over at the forum is the most knowledgeable person I have come across that knows a frighteningly amount of shit about those 57-60 burst’s. And he didn’t see enough to authenticate it as Marc’s. And he had apparently handled that the original before the neck broke. 

I do think there is a side photograph floating around that appears to show a bolt head or fastener of some type that was taken during a concert. And that is where the bolt on neck came from. But, without the original neck, that of course has the serial number, no one believes that is Bolan’s 59. Or, at least no one is convinced enough that they are willing to pay upwards of $500,000 for it. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Stevie Ray and Jimi Hendrix both played out of their skin, every time they picked up their instruments, as if there was no tomorrow. Listening to him on the night of his last performance here on earth was almost more than I could stand, and it made me feel like there was nothing left to say. He had said it all."

---- Eric Clapton

Robert Cray, Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughn Jimmy Vaughn at the backstage of Alpine Valley Music Theater, Wisconsin 08/25/90

Robert Cray Eric Clapton SRV Jimmie Vaughan.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Thank you. That shot of Jerry Jeff, Joe Ely and Ernest Tubb playing together at the Broken Spoke is one of my true favorites.

I have hundreds, maybe thousands, of photos of Texas musicians. Hell I have taken thousands myself.

Awesome. Would it be possible to put the names with the pics going forward? Some of these guys in their "younger days" are hard to recognize. Great post!!

• Hook 'Em 2

Thank you. That shot of Jerry Jeff, Joe Ely and Ernest Tubb playing together at the Broken Spoke is one of my true favorites.

I have hundreds, maybe thousands, of photos of Texas musicians. Hell I have taken thousands myself.

Then why can’t I buy your coffee table book, you lazy selfish fuck!?
  • Like 1

https://twitter.com/TerryJennings33/status/1041917746567688193/photo/1
George Jones, backed up by a very young Johnny Winter, Vidor, Texas, 1964.

He’s playing bass no less. Lots of now-but-not-then famous folks got their starts playing bass for famous folks. For example, Willie played bass - albeit briefly - for Ray Price. Tom T played bass for various touring folks when he was getting his start in Nashville. It was a common practice in the early 60s and before.