Cool Pictures of Music Icons

dcbc

Flyer for some gig The Children played in SA w/a few familiar names...

PusiKatClubSanAntonio68.gif

When I was a kid, my mom said that when we'd go into people's houses I'd always say, "It smells funny in here."  She told me I only said that when we were in the homes of the non incence burning pot smoking hippie types.

Fucking normies.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Flyer for some gig The Children played in SA w/a few familiar names...

PusiKatClubSanAntonio68.gif

When I was a kid, my mom said that when we'd go into people's houses I'd always say, "It smells funny in here."  She told me I only said that when we were in the homes of the non incence burning pot smoking hippie types.

Fucking normies.

LOL at "Jimi Hendricks and The Experience"  This must be from 1967, during Hendrix's first U.S. tour.

15 hours ago, dcbc said:

tom-Petty6.jpeg

TP's drummer (forgot his name) always weirded me out a little.  I think it's the broad shoulders tiny head thing.  KarlMaloneitis.

beetle.jpg

Funny, cause Epstein next to him has the exact opposite condition.

Edited by Cajun
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

57CSDQS44FBOZMB7RW66VRXPBM.jpg

The synth is back: KORG and Moog revive golden-era analog synthesizers

The Who's Pete Townshend famously took the instruments into uncharted new lands during the "Lifehouse"/"Who's Next" era, getting the sound of ARP synths and other analog machines onto pop radio (and later crime-procedural soundtracks) with "Won't Get Fooled Again" and "Baba O'Riley."

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Annie Lenox is an enigma . . . she always tread that androgynous line (oh no!  short hair! and business suits, too!), but she's really stunning in the looks department (especially for a Brit, truth me, I have family history here).  

And then there is that voice . . . wow.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Annie Lenox is an enigma . . . she always tread that androgynous line (oh no!  short hair! and business suits, too!), but she's really stunning in the looks department (especially for a Brit, truth me, I have family history here).  

And then there is that voice . . . wow.

Man she can sing.  She's really special. 

From Austin B3 guru Mike Flanigin's FB page, with photo credit to Kim Mancuso, dated 3/7/19 at the Beacon Theater.  The event was a fundraiser for God's Love We Deliver.  The lineup was crazy, including hosts Martin Short, Bill Murray, Kevin Bacon and Paul Shaffer, with music by Robert Plant, Ann and Nancy Wilson of Heart, Sheryl Crow, Buddy Guy, Jimmy Vaughan, Billy Gibbons, Bernie Williams, Keb' Mo', Taj Majal, Ivan Neville, Hozier, Grace Potter, Marcus King and Lukas Nelson, among others.  The house band was Shaffer, Will Lee, Steve Gadd, Larry Campbell and Shawn Pelton.

Image may contain: one or more people, people playing musical instruments, people on stage, guitar and night

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Like 4

Recently saw a show on Sonny & Cher, never realized how much of an ass he was towards her near the end of their relationship, guess he didn’t want to lose his meal ticket.  Her eulogy at his memorial is one of the more heartbreaking things I’ve seen. 

• dcbc changed the title to Cool Pictures of Music Icons