The Challenge: Vendetta's

AUS-97HORN

so, rando thought here, if Paulie was in the cage as the puzzle putter-together-er, would Natalie have gotten the easier ropes to use? 

Because that honestly seems like something that should be disclosed to the players- that the producers are "leveling the playing field re: man v woman" 

Although, maybe that was explained to Paulie and Natalie off camera and the significance of being weighed down didnt occur to them?

It really seems like the producers really go overboard on the male-leveling aspect.  I distinctly remember the Challenge Bloodlines final was based in the old CIA building in Berlin being pretty fucking far over the top in terms of stuff the guys had to do, vs the girls.

In that challenge the guys were forced to carry bags weighing 120 Lbs on all their laps around the buildings. The girls bags were only 60 pounds.... which I admit, is still really heavy, but considering most of the girls in the final weighed 130-140 lbs, compared to the guys being around 230-240lbs , thats a huge difference in body weight being carried.  For the girls they carried something like 43-46% of their body weight in the challenge.  the guys were carrying something like 50-52% of their body weight.   

For that first day of the Challenge Finale, the all girl team finished first, the girl/guy team finished 2nd and the all guy team finished the day 3rd.  

It was pretty obvious the weight really hurt the guys. That challenge should have honestly been based on your own weight, you carry 45% of your body weight -  would have been a hell of a lot more fair if it was a specific number per person.

Did anyone watch Fear Factor after The Challenge?  Jordan/Tori and CT/Cara were two of the teams.  It got me thinking about a great Challenge they could do.  Use these seasons system where the team voted in gets to challenge one of the teams that voted them in and the prize pool is $1,000,000.  Each team is male/female.  And let the players pick their teammate.  Not like a schoolyard pick though.  More of an off-season negotiation the players are doing among themselves that MTV has no part in.   Everybody is a free agent.   Just one bad ass team after another.  No lay ups, so no Josea, no Veronica, no Jemmey.  Bring back some bad asses like Abraham, Landon, Emily, and Evelyn.   That sounds like it would be a fun season.  Well, the Challenges would be fun.  The house might be a bit less crazy.  

1 hour ago, DanRydell said:

https://people.com/tv/cara-maria-blog-the-challenge-final-reckoning-twists/

So yeah, if that’s true, Paulie and Nat got screwed over.

how would that even play out? surely he could have seen that wasn't the case before they started. at that point i'd protest and have them switch me and natalie.

that is total bullshit that the production team lied to Paulie.

but even the double sized ropes arent what made it bullshit, the fact that KK got a LONGER rope, combined with it being only 1 rope is what fucking guaranteed Paulie couldnt win that round.

You fucking producers, Its a fucking reality show, the truth will come out. 

kind of a bizarre episode. 

Paulie is a grade-a idiot. Natalie is a fucking weakling, although I admit, sending both the girlfriends home was both a dick move and a real bit of stratergy.... although it turns out the strategy doesnt matter if your partner is too weak to help you.  I wonder if they saved Jemmye and Jenna if Paulie and Natalie would have won?

doesnt matter, but holy shit, Brad looked like someone stole his teddy bear at the end

paulie is probably the most insecure person on the show, which says a lot. he's even more entertaining than tony. both of those play characters in their own heads, and it's too funny. paulie yelling at zack "i used to knock out guys your size for fun!" lmao, sit dooownnn you chump. 

I swear to god, I dont scan the entertainment pages, but this headline was in my google recommendeds:

The Challenge’s Britni Thornton and Brad Fiorenza Break Up: ‘It’s a Timing Issue’

highly coincidental this happens the week after Brad almost melts down on TV.   ;)

Another one bites the dust. MTV reality stars Britni Thornton and Brad Fiorenza have broken up, she revealed on the Sunday, August 5, episode of the “Challenge Mania” podcast. Brad confirmed the split to Us Weekly.

“We’ve recently came to an agreement that it would be best to focus on our own personal lives. He still has so many loose ends with his ex wife, as in, getting back on his feet He just bought a house. He needs to focus on him right now and I obviously need to focus on myself and get my s–t back together,” Britni, 27, said during the interview. “We both need to honestly love ourselves a little bit more before we can try to even give more to each other.” Opens a New Window.

Brad, 37, and Britni met in September 2017 while filming The Challenge: Vendettas. They began dating during filming and continued their relationship afterward, into the current season of The Challenge: Final Reckoning. During the Tuesday, July 31, episode of Final Reckoning, Paul Calafiore lied to Brad to mess with his game, saying that Britni had slept with her ex, Chuck Mowery.

After the first episode, Britni and Chuck were sent to the redemption house, where they were shown constantly fighting. Britni added that the latest episode was “the cherry on the icing” for their split.

The pair split mid-week, Brad told Us on Sunday, noting there were several reasons for their split. “What I had viewed in the last two episodes had made me uncomfortable but it’s not the sole reason for our break up. Brit and I have made a lot of great memories & still have an incredible connection of energy to this day,” he said. “I really look at it as a timing issue. I was ready to move on, I don’t think she was. I’ll take some of the blame for that.”

On 7/31/2018 at 9:16 PM, AUS-97HORN said:

kind of a bizarre episode. 

Paulie is a grade-a idiot. Natalie is a fucking weakling, although I admit, sending both the girlfriends home was both a dick move and a real bit of stratergy.... although it turns out the strategy doesnt matter if your partner is too weak to help you.  I wonder if they saved Jemmye and Jenna if Paulie and Natalie would have won?

doesnt matter, but holy shit, Brad looked like someone stole his teddy bear at the end

Paulie was the same way on Big Brother talking shit and saying how great he was then proceed to lose because he isn't nearly as great as he thinks he is. 

I do enjoy him on the show however because he stirs shit up which makes for good TV. 

As for Brad and Britni that is probably the least shocking news. Sorry but walking around in your underwear 24/7 in front of your ex boyfriend when you actual boyfriend is in another house is only one of many red flags with that relationship.  

first thoughts,

wtf is up with Zach?  he fell after only 4 ropes?  where the hell did his upper body strength go?

Veronica is done, shes gonna quit at the first redemption challenge.

Paulie and Brad are talking mad shit..... which means they are probably getting knocked out here in a week or 2

welp, time time bump this again.

actually full on laughed out loud at both Kayleigh and MTV calling out Nelson, Joss and Kyle for being 2 pump chumps  ("2 Minutes Later")

rando thoughts

This new voting process is gonna end up royally fucking a "safe" team.   As usual, Bananas figured it out first last week, but enough of the teams seemed to have figured it out this week that we may end up with one team having 3 votes and 2 or 3 other teams having 2 votes, and the team with 3 was the one no one actually wanted to vote in.... and suddenly the 3 teams that voted for them are gonna gulp and have a 1 in 3 chance of getting picked to get kicked out.

Veronica continues to show shes a fucking idiot

Amanda is annoying as fuck... but i wouldnt kick her outta  bed for eating crackers.

Kyle is a complete man-whore.  I mean seriously, he made out and/or slept with at least 3 of the women this episode.  I mean, mad props to the guy for pulling it off... but bitches man, bitches, they dont forget.

everyone keeps saying Bananas isnt safe, but I think thats the 3rd or 4th challenge in a row that he and Tony finished 2nd.   I know 2nd doesnt get you anything, but those guys are a very dangerous team.

51 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

everyone keeps saying Bananas isnt safe, but I think thats the 3rd or 4th challenge in a row that he and Tony finished 2nd.   I know 2nd doesnt get you anything, but those guys are a very dangerous team.

I was listening to Cara on a podcast yesterday and she said people who normally hate Bananas may find themselves rooting for him on this challenge.  She didn't go into detail, but said he winds up in a bit of an underdog role at some point.  I'm not sure how that happens with Tony as his partner and them being able to challenge any team that votes them in.  I like this voting format.  Pussy teams can't hide behind the numbers.  

44 minutes ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Lost my shit on that edit of Marie telling Cara to get off his lap.

That was so damn funny and also why Cara has some mental issues. Seriously how much more can a guy treat you like shit on TV only to go running back to him or still try and get him to like you. 

Shane is officially in Aneesa territory with me now. Goddamn, just shut the fuck up for 3 minutes one episode. 

Cara ain’t much of a role model, I’ll tell you that. 

Who is the third chick Kyle supposedly hooked up with? 

Natalie’s red top in her confessional, & the henhouse scene were the only two highlights. 

37 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

I'll give you $5 to correctly edit the thread title.  Makes me ragey every time I see it.

I dont care about the $5, but Im not seeing any option to edit the thread title.  

happy to be told I am a fucking moron ( cause I am), and be told the instructions I need to follow.

and what should we call the Thread?   Just:     

The Challenge: ALL SEASONS ALL THE TIME             ?

16 hours ago, spystud13 said:

Who was Kyle’s third chick? I think you are so emotionally invested in the show each Tuesday, you see shit that never actually happened. 

#1- I cant be that invested, afterall I fast forward through the actual challenge stuff unless I see someone fail in spectacular fashion.   The canned MTV reveal of "this weeks winner *IS*........... [commmercial]"        is so fucking standard that I just skip that build up and commercial and the next min afterwards because its always a rehash of what we just saw.

#2 well shit.   I was about to post that obviously Cara was the 3rd girl until I realized that 3 folks have asked me about the 3rd chick..... so I fucking went back and watched, and I realize my mistake.  The first shot of the hen house had the 4 ladies names listed  & I guess the way the names were listed on the screen I obviously mis-saw those names because I thought Kyle was in the TOP Bunk with whichever chick (ended up being Faith) but I thought he was slipping it to Amanda,  and then 10 mins later it showed Kyle climbing into Faith's BOTTOM bunk so I assumed 3 ladies.

Mea Culpa.

and again, I am perfectly happy to change the thread title if someone can show me where the hell the "edit topic" button is, because I cant see it on my screen

• Like 1

Just caught up on this season on the DVR. So uh CT is pretty much fucked in this challenge having fat lazy ass Veronica tied to him right? Don't think even the producers can manipulate a way for him to carry her dead weight far. Bummer. 

I concur on the Shane annoyance and only doing it for his tv time. Paulie and his fired up little man complex make me chuckle. Kinda surprising we haven't seen Hunter on last few challenges. Not that i give a fuck about him, but it's pretty funny that when he and Corey aren't on the challenge, Nelson is even more irrelevant now. 

Just now watching. Derrick- you should never be allowed back on the show. You are skinny Tyree. Tori- Worh each passing episode i like you less and less. "Choosing Angela and Faith would have been the easy option; if we're gonna go out, we're going out with a bang." You dumb bitch. There is a million dollars on the line. There is no room for faux pride here. Are you mentally disabled? A million dollars. In case you haven't noticed, you are team layup. Choose the shittiest possible opponent every time. Or just let vanity and fake pride come between you and a million fucking dollars.

Wow. Jam. Hats off. Same to Sylvia. This is a bold ass move, and one of the strongest moves i've seen in years. Even if it doesn't work- and i actually think that it will- I love the move. And hats off the Sylvia for that acting job. She even fooled he partner. This is good stuff.