Movies That Need To Be Made

RPM

Hyperion...just the first two books. Better suited to an HBO limited series. Scorsese wanted to make a stand alone movie out of the priest’s tale.

To the White Sea. Book about an American soldier who crashes on the coast of Japan during WWII and has to cross the country to where he can be rescued. Coen brothers were attached years ago but it never moved forward.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, deadshank said:

I Am Pilgrim.  Might have to be a multi-episode release on Netflix to get the whole story.

It's already underway, looking forward to it but you're right on cramming it into a movie being a challenge. There was lots of fluff to it. 

I just want a legit badass/massive budget WW1 movie or series. It gets completely overlooked compared to 2, but is just as fascinating if not moreso. 

Scorsese already has Devil and the White City underway. 

1 hour ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Sequels to Buckaroo Banzai and Remo Williams.
Start with those and I’ll reevaluate after.

Remo Williams, especially. It was even subtitled, "The Adventure Begins." There was so much potential for a sequel.

Joel Grey was amazing. It's a shame he never got to reprise that role. 

5 hours ago, Bama Llama said:

I'd like to see Peter Jackson's take on The Legend of Zelda.  I'd pay money to see a good adaptation of the whole Zelda story / look / music schmeer.

It's still shocking that no one has ever given this a legitimate try. Even if they fuck it up.

It's got one of the best story lines in all of gaming, would be pleasing to the fantasy/sci fi crowd, and already has a legion of fans from different generations/eras that would go ga ga for it.

11 hours ago, XYZ said:

Peter Jackson fucking sucks, and I hate him.

I wish they would make a mini-series out of The Talisman by Stephen King. That would be cool, if they can pull it off. They could also do Wolves of the Calla. That’d be cool, too.

Just reread The Talisman recently and had the same thought.  The advent of the longer-form series brings a lot of great books into play -- I wish they would go back and give World War Z the proper treatment, it's perfect for that.

I say I'd love Blood Meridian too, but like A Confederacy of Dunces, the only thing it could do would be to disappoint.

It would be fun to see someone creative with a take on The Phantom Tollbooth these days.  Just not Tim Burton.

17 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Try now. And already losing $100 million so far 

Haha. I just had to look it up.  Other than seeing a preview for it months ago, I haven't heard shit about it.  At a small budget of $100M, that's quite a feat to fail nowadays but I wouldn't put any cinematic failure past the ability of Peter Jackson.

Cameron Crowe writes and directs (maybe Amy Heckerling directs) a semi-comedic drama about a group of middle aged Southern Californians, reunited some 35 years after graduation. The funeral of their crotchety yet beloved social studies teacher may be a device that gets some to return.

Stars Academy Award winner Forrest Whitaker as a former pro football player dealing with loss of fame, fortune and an increasingly bad case of CTE. 

Academy Award winner Sean Penn is a lifelong stoner, dealing with the consequences of prolonged adolescence, He still has Stoner Buds Anthony Edwards and Eric Stoltz as friends, but Edwards is now a bald accountant who tries to get Penn’s character to grow up. 

Academy Award winner Nic Cage owns the local All American Burger, and hires non-Oscar winner Judge Reinhold to manage it. Academy Award nominee Jennifer Jason Leigh is the emotional center of the film, returning to town after a long absence and discovering how things have changed (the mall has been bulldozed, and they do have cable TV). Her best friend in HS, played by Phoebe Cates, went on to become an actress, but gave up het career in her 20’s after marrying a more successful, older actor.

• Like 2