Movies That Need To Be Made

RPM

28 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

You're forgetting something major, and I mean MAJOR players

I’m not going to include Robert Romanus and Brian Backer in my pitch, but they’ll be there, too.

(Holy Shit, both those assholes are now 62 years old!)

And Fuck Dennis Taylor, I’m not gonna apologize to that wimp! 

(Dennis Taylor having “Dennis Taylor” as his name and avatar is still one of the greatest things on these sites.)

Edited by Vito Andolini
  • Like 2

Tons of true crime shit.

Carlos Marcello and the New Orleans branch of the Sicilian mafia. Crazy shit, even if they weren't involved with killing Kennedy. Read about his "extradition"

Ken McElroy - look him up

That dude who sold rich people faked bottles of super old wine, including wine allegedly belonging to Thomas Jefferson (one of the Koch brothers even got ripped off which makes me happy)

That dude who stole all the moon rocks from NASA

Basically, everyone Clarence Darrow ever represented

6 minutes ago, Grandioso said:

Tons of true crime shit.

Carlos Marcello and the New Orleans branch of the Sicilian mafia. Crazy shit, even if they weren't involved with killing Kennedy. Read about his "extradition"

Ken McElroy - look him up

That dude who sold rich people faked bottles of super old wine, including wine allegedly belonging to Thomas Jefferson (one of the Koch brothers even got ripped off which makes me happy)

That dude who stole all the moon rocks from NASA

Basically, everyone Clarence Darrow ever represented

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt5728684/

5 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

I’m not going to include Robert Romanus and Brian Backer in my pitch, but they’ll be there, too.

(Holy Shit, both those assholes are now 62 years old!)

And Fuck Dennis Taylor, I’m not gonna apologize to that wimp! 

(Dennis Taylor having “Dennis Taylor” as his name and avatar is still one of the greatest things on these sites.)

One of...? Pfft....

14 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Her best friend in HS, played by Phoebe Cates, went on to become an actress, but gave up het career in her 20’s .

Mmmmmmmm. Phoebe Cates, eternally in slow motion emerging from the pool, then looking around and declaring, without inhibition, "Y'allllll - ah'm waaaald."

On 12/17/2018 at 9:47 PM, BearCountry11 said:

I’ve seen this fan-made poster pop up every so often (maybe on the old site). Definitely would like to see this.

a938e14cad92c417166972cb6e511bdb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a whole gallery of similar fan-made movie posters for unmade sequels here:

https://store.iam8bit.com/collections/sequel

• Like 1

I'd like to see the meteorological history of the Jarrell tornado in '97.  Not the aftermath, which several media outlets have chronicled.  I'd like to see an explanation of the rarities and anomalies associated with the storm, some of which we may never see again in our lifetime.  I've read a lot about it but a documentary that explained it would be pretty fascinating. 

• Like 1

On 12/19/2018 at 3:59 PM, Whatever said:

I'd like to see the meteorological history of the Jarrell tornado in '97.  Not the aftermath, which several media outlets have chronicled.  I'd like to see an explanation of the rarities and anomalies associated with the storm, some of which we may never see again in our lifetime.  I've read a lot about it but a documentary that explained it would be pretty fascinating. 

there's a paper on it.  they still don't understand it.  we had a great thread on it "over there".  i'll go find it and transpose to nerdz.

2 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

The Right Stuff.  It's been done.

Now, Brian Shul, he deserves 90 minutes.  He's the Sled Driver.  I want to see the CGI renderings of his "Biggin Hill" fly-by, and the SS-22s falling away over Libya.

TRS covered a small portion of Yeager's life. I'd love to see his 1st MiG flight.

Shul is also a certified badass that deserves his story turned into a film. Wouldn't mind seeing a biopic on Wiley Post.

On December 20, 2018 at 11:56 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I dont think that could ever be done in a manner that would do the book justice

They could do better than what's been attempted so far. 

I'm still waiting for Asimov's Foundation. They won't get that right either. They should probably start with material that came earlier in the timeline and start building a culture. I, Robot was an abomination and never should've been allowed to corrupt that title. That will make it harder for anyone else to be taken seriously when trying to adapt Asimov to film. 

Pebble in the Sky might be a good place to start. 

there's a paper on it.  they still don't understand it.  we had a great thread on it "over there".  i'll go find it and transpose to nerdz.
Yeah I've read a couple of articles on it but got confused pretty quick. I'd love to see the paper from TOS though. Hopefully it explains it better.

On 12/22/2018 at 11:01 AM, Whatever said:
On 12/21/2018 at 9:45 PM, Hagbard Celine said:

Yeah I've read a couple of articles on it but got confused pretty quick. I'd love to see the paper from TOS though. Hopefully it explains it better.

Here's one thread from TOS

http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/showthread.php/88313-Jarrell-970527

6 hours ago, XYZ said:

The only part that seems to me could make a good movie would be the stuff about the mule.

The part that borders on fantasy? Nah. The vision of future society and technology, Trantor, the City, Psychohistory. Especially Psychohistory. The magic-free part is more interesting, imo. 

But if you like the Mule part then you should definitely read Pebble in the Sky. That laid the groundwork for the psycho-kinetic powers in the Foundation universe. 

On 12/21/2018 at 9:45 PM, Hagbard Celine said:

the shag thread linked a few posts up was started by you, and in the OP you mention some amazing video of the tornado that you’d been searching and searching for and never found.  

just curious if you ever found it.  sounds like something worth seeing.  

Edited by futureman

never found it.  it was on kxas nbc 5 in dallas that night at 10 and never saw it again.  almost certain it was shot by one of the waco/temple stations.  all the shots still available show the rope phase, then BOOM! F5 mile-wide monster, nothing in between.   this was an in-between shot, probably at f2 or f3 force, and it showed vertical "vanes" pulsing in/out, up/down.

On 12/18/2018 at 7:17 AM, Parliament said:

I've been reading that for some time.

Leo/Marty pairing for The Devil in the White City seems unlikely to happen, IMO. They've already got two films in pre-production,  Killers of the Flower Moon and  a biopic of Teddy Roosevelt. 

Marty's 76. If he did all 3 movies w/ Leo back-to-back-to-back he'd be pushing 80 by the time he was through. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't know he's got enough left in the tank for that type of a production schedule. 

The film that everyone in the world wanted Scorsese to make was the Frank Sinatra biopic. He spent almost 10 years trying to make it happen, but the Sinatra estate (specifically his daughter, Tina) finally axed the deal  last year out of fear of it being too real. 

4 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Marty's 76. If he did all 3 movies w/ Leo back-to-back-to-back he'd be pushing 80 by the time he was through. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't know he's got enough left in the tank for that type of a production schedule. 

how’s his health?  clint eastwood was rolling from 76 to 80. 

1 minute ago, futureman said:

how’s his health?  clint eastwood was rolling from 76 to 80. 

He seems fit & active. He's still sharp in all of his interviews. I'm hopeful that The Irishman (coming out late next year) will be first-rate. That's another film that took him the better part of a decade to make. Marty just doesn't move fast. He'd have to have an historic stretch of productivity at a very late stage in his life for everything he's got on his plate to be made.

4 hours ago, Agent 13 said:

It seems like somebody would have made a live action Jonny Quest movie by now. And if it ever happens, Race Bannon better be a certified badass. 

If Howie Long could act his way out of a wet paper bag he would fit the character. Thomas Jane or Adam Baldwin would be more like it. But to get it greenlit you'd probably have to cast Mark Wahlberg or Dwayne Johnson. Hadji would be a super smart hot Muslim girl (Hadji was a Sikh) and Jonny would be Jaden Smith. Dr. Quest someone like Luke Wilson.

37 minutes ago, slorch said:

Copperhead Road.

Moonshining fascinates me. 

A remake of Thunder Road?

Edited by RPM