Into the Spiderverse

ajax

This was way way more fun than I anticipated. Voice acting was top notch and the animation was unique and super cool.

It was funny too, which isn't surprising since the script as written by the same guy who did the Lego Movie and 21 Jump Street.

To me it was better than Homecoming, which I also liked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Would it be fine for a 6 year-old.  

We took our boys (8 years and 5.75 years) and it was fine. There are some kind of jarring scenes with graphical glitches, weird noises, I think our boys had no idea what to make of that, but nothing bad in terms of violence, language, etc. I may have heard one "hell" but even then I wasn't sure.Our family all thought it was awesome. I stay away from reviews in general because I tend to fall into trap of having too-high expectations if reviews are good, but don't think that would have been a problem in this case. Super fun movie.

5 minutes ago, JohnnyRage said:

A little violent and super weird.

At times did it seem like it was like watching a 3d movie without the 3d glasses?

A few folks in our row were looking around at each other and wondering if we got a 3D viewing by accident the first time it happened. 

Bugged me at times until I chalked it up to the comic book style they were going for.  

It was easily one of the 2-3 best Spiderman movies(Spiderman 2 and Homecoming only comparable) and wouldn't argue against it being the best of all those movies.  Might be one of the better Comic Book movies ever.  They did a damned fine job, and the Stan Lee cameo was perfect.

Recency bias yes, but this was one of my favorite movies I've ever seen in theaters. I have no idea if it will have as much re-watch value, but I thought the story was fun, there were a lot of hysterical moments and it's stylistically one of the most unique movies I've ever seen. I absolutely loved this movie. I got out of the theater an hour and a half ago and I'm still buzzing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I admit I'm out on a limb here, but I always thought that the Lego Movie had much more to it - some real commentary on the nature of play and imagination. 

I thought Spiderverse was right with it. The art direction was just great - truly making a comic book come to life. The final boss scene is epic, and just beautifully done. Love the the meta message that anyone can be Spiderman.

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

Kid loved it, meh for me.  Never a huge spidey fan though.  Had it been Flash, I'm sure I'd have been more into it.

Dude...I know we fuck around a lot, but really?  The Flash?

• 6 months later...

This movie is fucking awesome. Took my daughter to see it in the theater over the Christmas holidays last year. We bought it about 6 months ago and it's on constantly in our house. I've seen it probably twenty times. Never get sick of it. My almost-4 and almost-6 year old kids love it. Can't wait for the sequel.