Las Vegas go hard or go home thread

bigup2dahorns

Went for a short trip last month and stayed at Caesar’s. Gambled there plenty but never stayed there before. Had a room with a good view but overall it was very average and in need of a refresh. Honestly, the service was about as friendly/helpful as a local motel. 

Ate at Jaleo and China Poblano because I’m a slut for Jose Andres. Also the new Bobby Flay restaurant that replaced Mesa grill - Amalfi. Momofuku for lunch one day. All were good. 

Checked out Circa. It’s pretty bad ass if you are a sports bettor. Definitely worth the trip DT.

• Like 1

We went to scarpetta at Cosmo tonight.  Probably the best meal I have had in Vegas.  I had the short rib agnolotti and it was one of the best pasta dishes I’ve ever had.  It was as good as any I had in Italy.  
IMG_6174.thumb.jpeg.0fea38f22d4d13d293cfbd8b22120ce1.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Going for a Labor Day concert at the Colosseum at Caesar’s. Question is…should we just stay at Caesar’s, or at the Palazzo down the street (we stayed there recently and liked it, but we’re not seasoned Vegas people)? Or somewhere else?
We’re not big gamblers. Shows, nice meals, strippers, multiple hookers in our room is more our speed - you know, the usual. Okay, still trying to sell the wife on the strippers and hookers, but you catch my drift.

Caesar's is a dump.  Stayed there 2 years ago for the first time and forever and has been my least favorite place I've stayed.  The rooms need a complete overhaul.  Bellagio, Palazzo, Wynn, Aria, Cosmo, Vdara, Waldorf all better options.  Hell - I did Paris for a night when I was in and out in 24 hours for a game last year and I probably preferred it to Caesars.

• Hook 'Em 1

The Bellagio/Aria/Cosmo area also has a ton of good restaurants.  You don’t really have to venture outside of them if you don’t want to and can walk to everything.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 3

13 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Going for a Labor Day concert at the Colosseum at Caesar’s. Question is…should we just stay at Caesar’s, or at the Palazzo down the street (we stayed there recently and liked it, but we’re not seasoned Vegas people)? Or somewhere else?
We’re not big gamblers. Shows, nice meals, strippers, multiple hookers in our room is more our speed - you know, the usual. Okay, still trying to sell the wife on the strippers and hookers, but you catch my drift.

Take your wife to see “O” at the Bellagio. Get about row G as close to center as possible.

• Haha 1

On 3/10/2024 at 11:06 PM, Brisketexan said:

Stayed at Caesars in 2022, and honestly...stay elsewhere.  The room (Palace Tower suite) was recently renovated and great....but the rest of Caesars is just....blah.  What a bloated mess of a resort, and it's sad.  Great name, location, history and theme, but just too many layers of mergers and deferred maintenance and expansion and whatnot.  

• Hook 'Em 3

Adios to Margaritaville:

After more than 20 years on the Las Vegas Strip, the Margaritaville restaurant is closing, according to the Las Vegas Review-Journal. The beach-themed restaurant that looks out onto the Strip from the Flamingo Las Vegas will close on April 15.

The restaurant inspired by the late Jimmy Buffett’s song has more than 35 locations worldwide — and about as many hotels and vacation clubs. The Las Vegas location opened in 2003 and the 12,000-square-foot, three-level restaurant with six bars hosts live music, serves those 45-ounce cocktails that tourists love to haul around, and serves burgers and expected bar food. Caesars Entertainment did not return a request for comment on the closure.

https://vegas.eater.com/2024/3/19/24106020/margaritaville-closing-las-vegas-strip-flamingo

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

That Margaritaville used to have an open air streetside craps table that was fun to play but haven't seen it post COVID I don't think.  So yeah, good riddance.

Yup. $200 drink one May afternoon a few years ago. 

F that place. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Wife and I saw Love last summer; just had a feeling it wasn't going to be around much longer.  Was our second time, and we had front row seats.  

Also:

“Boy, I know I’ve got what feels like a scorching case of measles, but I really feel like I need to go workout. “