2020 Senate Elections

Patrick Bateman

At least McGrath has a big war chest. maybe she can force McConnell to spend more money in Kentucky instead of elsewhere.

id root for Hickenlooper tonight as well. It’s all about winning seats this year and taking the senate away from asshole McConnell. Hickenlooper will win that race because he’s won statewide before and he’s a former governor. Gardner is toast the moment if / when Hickenlooper beats Romanoff.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

At least McGrath has a big war chest. maybe she can force McConnell to spend more money in Kentucky instead of elsewhere.

id root for Hickenlooper tonight as well. It’s all about winning seats this year and taking the senate away from asshole McConnell. Hickenlooper will win that race because he’s won statewide before and he’s a former governor. Gardner is toast the moment if / when Hickenlooper beats Romanoff.

I agree with that all the way around.

4 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Apparently Fozzz is too fucking stupid to use Google. Next you can google that cunt McConnell and view his election platform. The final piece, and stick with me here,  is you compare the two platforms and where they differ on an issue, that is what each candidate is offering the KY electorate. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Apparently Fozzz is too fucking stupid to use Google. Next you can google that cunt McConnell and view his election platform. The final piece, and stick with me here,  is you compare the two platforms and where they differ on an issue, that is what each candidate is offering the KY electorate. 

McConnell has been sliding it into the KY electorate with no KY for years.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Do you really believe the issue page on her website is instructive as to how she would vote if she were elected to the Senate?  Come on.  She's pitching herself to voters as someone who will do a better job than Mitch of working with Trump. 

You're wanting me to predict how her beliefs and written thoughts on the issues are going to extrapolate to hypothetical votes with hypothetical language I can't foresee? I try not to get up in anyone's face, but get real.You asked whats she offering and I gave you a page with her thoughts on the issues she has selected.

• Like 2

lol @ Fozzz asking people to baby-bird information into his dumb face. I guess that line of questioning comes from years of voting for politicians that say one thing and do another. well, buddy, if I could prognosticate accurately I sure as shit wouldn't be sitting here posting on a message board. I don't know what I would be doing, but if I could read the future, none of you fucks would ever hear from me again

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

You're wanting me to predict how her beliefs and written thoughts on the issues are going to extrapolate to hypothetical votes with hypothetical language I can't foresee? I try not to get up in anyone's face, but get real.You asked whats she offering and I gave you a page with her thoughts on the issues she has selected.

I’m not asking you to predict her potential voting record. I’m saying the meaningless fluff on her issues page isn’t probative of what she would do if elected. All that can be gleaned from that page is that she’s a hawk who would not vote to repeal the ACA. 

She’s not running on any particular policy and instead has positioned herself as a Trump Democrat who will better serve commander in chief Cheeto than Mitch. Again, why would Democrats turn out to vote for someone like that?  If you want a conservative who aligns closely with Trump then just vote for Mitch. 

On 6/29/2020 at 1:54 PM, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Wow, I guess Auburn really is the aggy of Alabama and they are just as bad at the maths.  That guy's holding up 4 fingers.

There is no Aggy but Aggy. Aggy and Auburn are similar the same way Mordor and the Shire are similar because they are both in Middle Earth.

I preach this to save anyone else a Lost Year of Pain. See, I had worked in Auburn, fairly pleasant little college town, so I assumed College Station would be similar when I

took

a job

there.

In Auburn, you could hang out in non-Stalinesque buildings with people from all over the world. Sure, they'd be in fisheries or electrical engineering or some shit, but you'd have a good time splitting a pitcher. Almost mellow without being all boring like a Phish concert. If one of em woke up and said, "Hey, I oughta go join the Army!", guess what, they'd go join the actual US Army. I saw it done.

First thing I saw when I got out of the car in BCS was a fat chick in painted overalls swaying in the sun outside a gas station. It went downhill from there.

There is no Aggy but Aggy. Somebody oughta translate that into Arabic and start a new religion, for it is truth.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Gardner is fucked.

here is Hickenlooper’s election history In Colorado :

he won 2 governor terms in 2 election cycles that were very good for the GOP.  2010 and 2014.

2010- Hickenlooper vote total : 915,436

2014- Hickenlooper vote total : 1,006,433

2014 - Gardner vote total : 983,891

to reiterate, Colorado has been getting bluer and bluer every day. Gardner also has to share the ballot with Trump.

i feel very confident in this race. Hopefully Hickenlooper only debates Gardner once tho because he was shaky against Romanoff.

• Like 1

Didn't Charles Barkley have a big impact on the black vote for the Jones v. Moore race (or was that overblown by media)? What's he up to in this race? He's not supporting the Auburn coach, is he?

It’s very late and I’m trying to will myself to sleep so I won’t get into detail right now but I’ll post tomorrow about this.

Charles Barkley’s politics are some of oddest, most out there contradictory set of beliefs ever.

There is no Aggy but Aggy. Aggy and Auburn are similar the same way Mordor and the Shire are similar because they are both in Middle Earth.
I preach this to save anyone else a Lost Year of Pain. See, I had worked in Auburn, fairly pleasant little college town, so I assumed College Station would be similar when I
took
a job
there.
In Auburn, you could hang out in non-Stalinesque buildings with people from all over the world. Sure, they'd be in fisheries or electrical engineering or some shit, but you'd have a good time splitting a pitcher. Almost mellow without being all boring like a Phish concert. If one of em woke up and said, "Hey, I oughta go join the Army!", guess what, they'd go join the actual US Army. I saw it done.
First thing I saw when I got out of the car in BCS was a fat chick in painted overalls swaying in the sun outside a gas station. It went downhill from there.
There is no Aggy but Aggy. Somebody oughta translate that into Arabic and start a new religion, for it is truth.

I know aggy is it’s own category of crap but don’t sugarcoat the weirdness of Auburn people.

Their whole holier than thou fambly horseshit is it’s own kind of cult.

And their collective inferiority complex they twist into feeling superior because they chose the less “famous” university because it takes a special strong person to choose Auburn is just......so Auburn.

(She says through tears as she prepares to send her daughter there and calculates how much of my money will be flowing into their coffers.)

6 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Gardner is fucked.

here is Hickenlooper’s election history In Colorado :

he won 2 governor terms in 2 election cycles that were very good for the GOP.  2010 and 2014.

2010- Hickenlooper vote total : 915,436

2014- Hickenlooper vote total : 1,006,433

2014 - Gardner vote total : 983,891

to reiterate, Colorado has been getting bluer and bluer every day. Gardner also has to share the ballot with Trump.

i feel very confident in this race. Hopefully Hickenlooper only debates Gardner once tho because he was shaky against Romanoff.

Gardner is now hurt that the most vulnerable house district for the CO GOP, had a QAnon nut job win the primary. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

I know aggy is it’s own category of crap but don’t sugarcoat the weirdness of Auburn people.

Their whole holier than thou fambly horseshit is it’s own kind of cult.

And their collective inferiority complex they twist into feeling superior because they chose the less “famous” university because it takes a special strong person to choose Auburn is just......so Auburn.

(She says through tears as she prepares to send her daughter there and calculates how much of my money will be flowing into their coffers.)

I used to think Auburn was weird. They do have that Chik-Fil-A style smug-ooze down. But they're about two orders of magnitude behind the Aggy.

Let's use a Mexican food analogy. Auburn is a Taco Bell in Minnesota where a young child is wincing at the mild sauce. Aggy is a cartel prison in Matamoros where they are dissolving bodies in acid. Neither is a "good" Mexican experience. One can be survived.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Had two nieces survive the experience without any cult-like personality modifications. Be prepared, at graduation, to sit amongst the entire population of East Alabama mill towns, trucked in to go woo-hoo, woo-hoo, woo-hoo.

59 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

This is really not great.  We need North Carolina.  And you know that GOP cheating will add three points to their final total.

I think for anybody asking where to put their money this Fall, it's this election.

Edited by Ghost of LL

15 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Vindicated by what?

Well, instead of dropping out prior to Super Tuesday, when it was beyond obvious she had no shot of winning anything and would even be humiliated in her home state, she decided to stay in, ensuring that Biden would win the nomination.  She endured a third place finish in Massachusetts just to ensure a conservative represents the Democratic party in November. 

• Fuck You 2

22 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

This is really not great.  We need North Carolina.  And you know that GOP cheating will add three points to their final total.

I think for anybody asking where to put their money this Fall, it's this election.

I agree..... as bad as it is right now for the TOP, Cal needs to be running 5-6 points ahead to feel comfortable.  There will be a conservative bounce at some point.  On the other hand, 18 undecided is a shit load so who knows what that means, but I don't think either side feel good about that poll.

27 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Yeah... not great. Assume Dems flip AZ and CO and lose AL. All fairly reasonable assumptions. Dems still need two of NC, Montana, Maine, Iowa, and Georgia to get to 50-50. I guess Montana is weirdly the most likely, followed by NC and Maine.  

asks russian GIF

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

The ECU poll has been the most R friendly one for this race.  Previously it was at Cunningham 40% / Tillis 41% while Fox (A-), Siena (A+) and PPP (B) have Cunningham up by 2%, 3% and 4%, respectively.   In North Carolina, I definitely agree with your R+3 correction factor. 

This poll is much better for North Carolina.  Cut the average and you have about a 5.5+ advantage for Cal Cunningham and that probably feels good to his camp.  

Kelly continues to have a healthy lead.  James has creeped up a tad in this poll.

Another Zona poll.  Have to think the longer the COVID crisis ravages that state and Ducey, the better for Kelly although McSally showing signs of life.

Colorado.  Hickenlooper actually stumbled into the primary but he has name recognition behind him and he's very moderate.

6 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

This poll is much better for North Carolina.  Cut the average and you have about a 5.5+ advantage for Cal Cunningham and that probably feels good to his camp.  

Kelly continues to have a healthy lead.  James has creeped up a tad in this poll.

Another Zona poll.  Have to think the longer the COVID crisis ravages that state and Ducey, the better for Kelly although McSally showing signs of life.

Colorado.  Hickenlooper actually stumbled into the primary but he has name recognition behind him and he's very moderate.

And those are a lot better.

Going back to the previous discussion about where good Democrats should spend their Senate money,* however, I am even more cemented in my position that it should all go to NC.  AZ and CO are in the bag.  MT is so cheap to run a campaign in that Bullock doesn't need your money (and he's got 100% name recognition, so he doubly doesn't need your money).  Maine--yeah sure.  We don't have enough polling there.  I think Collins' goose is cooked.  But it's a lot like Montana--Gideon has high name recognition and plenty of money already and it's dirt cheap to run a campaign there.

But NC--that's the lynchpin.  Win that, and we're in good shape to win the Senate.  Lose it, and suddenly we're having to take something that is a toss-up.  It's an expensive state to run a campaign in.  And the Trumpublicans cheat like hell.

* And as a Texan, I really question whether you should be spending a lot of money out of state when the Democrats have a very real chance to take the Texas House of Representatives.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

And those are a lot better.

Going back to the previous discussion about where good Democrats should spend their Senate money,* however, I am even more cemented in my position that it should all go to NC.  AZ and CO are in the bag.  MT is so cheap to run a campaign in that Bullock doesn't need your money (and he's got 100% name recognition, so he doubly doesn't need your money).  Maine--yeah sure.  We don't have enough polling there.  I think Collins' goose is cooked.  But it's a lot like Montana--Gideon has high name recognition and plenty of money already and it's dirt cheap to run a campaign there.

But NC--that's the lynchpin.  Win that, and we're in good shape to win the Senate.  Lose it, and suddenly we're having to take something that is a toss-up.  It's an expensive state to run a campaign in.  And the Trumpublicans cheat like hell.

* And as a Texan, I really question whether you should be spending a lot of money out of state when the Democrats have a very real chance to take the Texas House of Representatives.

If you are a Texan and want to make a difference spend your money on the Texas State house.

• Like 2

Wait, you're sending your kid to Barn?  You have failed as a parent.

Yes, yes I have.

But AU threw a lot more money at her than Bama did, so that helps with the pain.

She eventually wants to go to law school so hopefully I’ll get her at Bama eventually.

She’s double majoring in political science and software engineering and then wants to use that and a law degree to go into politics.

Not to be a candidate but to work with voting rights advocacy groups.

She’s got big awesome dreams.
  • Like 2

Wait, you're sending your kid to Barn?  You have failed as a parent.

Yes, yes I have.

But AU threw a lot more money at her than Bama did, so that helps with the pain.

She eventually wants to go to law school so hopefully I’ll get her at Bama eventually.

She’s double majoring in political science and software engineering and then wants to use that and a law degree to go into politics.

Not to be a candidate but to work with voting rights advocacy groups.

She’s got big awesome dreams.