2020 Senate Elections

Patrick Bateman

14 hours ago, berlinerbaer said:

PPP is a Democratic pollster, but they're legit. Accounting for the few points bias to the left, this race still looks like a Dem lean.

39% is awful for an incumbent.

Yeah, that Alaska race is starting to look kinda tasty.

I love Jones, but he’s going to lose. 

Edited by Bateshorn

I’m not in denial - it’s going to be a long shot. But y’all said the same shit when he ran against Roy Moore. I was the only person that had Jones winning that race.

I can bump the thread if y’all want to reminisce.

Now y’all go give $20.20 to defeat Susan Collins.

This ad actually made me get a little emotional.

3 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

I’m not in denial - it’s going to be a long shot. But y’all said the same shit when he ran against Roy Moore. I was the only person that had Jones winning that race.

I can bump the thread if y’all want to reminisce.

Now y’all go give $20.20 to defeat Susan Collins.

This ad actually made me get a little emotional.

Not true. I bet brisket $100 Jones was going to win on TOS. I don’t think he ever paid out (was supposed to go to Astros charity for hurricane harvey) 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

23 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Doug Jones seems like he’s an actual good person. Wish we had a candidate as strong as him to run against Cornyn. 

We have a good candidate against Cornyn. TDP is a clown college but MJ Hagar is a good candidate and will give Cornyn a a hard run.

On 7/11/2020 at 6:38 PM, Pescado_Rojo said:

I'm not even going to read it, but I assume she thinks McConnell isn't enough of an asshole. 

It's a story that may really encapsulate GOP 2020.  Kobach runs for Senate in Kansas after losing the race for governor in 2018.  A Republican PAC, tied to McConnell, runs ads for his opponent, including linking Kobach to a white supremacist that Kobach had to fire from his staff.  Coulter has always found the white supremacist, anti-immigrant, sheer stupidity of Kobach to be attractive, as it reminds her of herself.  So now she is going after McConnell hard.  She isn't just calling McConnell a corporate-bought RINO, she is also repeating the McGrath's campaign talking points about her character, the military service, and the small-dollar donors.  

If and when Trump loses, there will be a civil war in the Republican Party.  Wouldn't it be awesome if it started sooner?  For folks who pushed Trump for the anti-immigrant rhetoric, what have they gotten?  A few miles of border wall.  Sure, there is the cruelty of the detention camps and vindicate executive orders, but those will get reversed by February.  After the Republicans held the White House, Senate, and House for two years, and 2 out of the 3 for an additional two years, they have gotten nothing that will last for another 6.5 months.  The Nativists got their President elected, but the RINOs in Congress prioritized everything else ahead of immigration policy.  As Trump's reelection starts to look shakier, you may start to see some idiots like Coulter looking for someone to blame.  

Burn, baby, burn. 

• Like 3

It's a story that may really encapsulate GOP 2020.  Kobach runs for Senate in Kansas after losing the race for governor in 2018.  A Republican PAC, tied to McConnell, runs ads for his opponent, including linking Kobach to a white supremacist that Kobach had to fire from his staff.  Coulter has always found the white supremacist, anti-immigrant, sheer stupidity of Kobach to be attractive, as it reminds her of herself.  So now she is going after McConnell hard.  She isn't just calling McConnell a corporate-bought RINO, she is also repeating the McGrath's campaign talking points about her character, the military service, and the small-dollar donors.  
If and when Trump loses, there will be a civil war in the Republican Party.  Wouldn't it be awesome if it started sooner?  For folks who pushed Trump for the anti-immigrant rhetoric, what have they gotten?  A few miles of border wall.  Sure, there is the cruelty of the detention camps and vindicate executive orders, but those will get reversed by February.  After the Republicans held the White House, Senate, and House for two years, and 2 out of the 3 for an additional two years, they have gotten nothing that will last for another 6.5 months.  The Nativists got their President elected, but the RINOs in Congress prioritized everything else ahead of immigration policy.  As Trump's reelection starts to look shakier, you may start to see some idiots like Coulter looking for someone to blame.  
Burn, baby, burn. 

It’s almost as if the GOP higher ups WANT immigration policy to fail so they can keep their eternal wedge issue.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

It’s almost as if the GOP higher ups WANT immigration policy to fail so they can keep their eternal wedge issue.

I would say it's more about companies wanting access to workers, whether that's at a slaughterhouse or a tech company.  When you have 4% unemployment, it's just a bitch to grow  without immigrants.  

But, yeah, even though McConnell knows many of his corporate donors would go apeshit if we actually cut off immigration, he will still use the anti-immigrant racism to maintain power. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Calihorn said:

Montana really gonna have 2 Democratic senators.

Same pollster had the House in a dead heat 44/44.  Montana could go Trump by 8 points, and still have a completely blue delegation. 

4 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Same pollster had the House in a dead heat 44/44.  Montana could go Trump by 8 points, and still have a completely blue delegation. 

This reminds a lot of the Florida race in 2016. Hopefully we win this time

Edited by Calihorn

Montana really gonna have 2 Democratic senators.
A little early for that. Senate races are very nationalized these days. It's hard to break with presidential partisanship. I'm sure Bullock will outperform Biden bc he is very well liked, but a win is a big ask.

A little early for that. Senate races are very nationalized these days. It's hard to break with presidential partisanship. I'm sure Bullock will outperform Biden bc he is very well liked, but a win is a big ask.

Heard him at a recent AAJ convention.Impressive guy.

13 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

Yep. And the Dems acted incredibly shitty as well during the Bush years when they wouldn’t work together with W to get a decent and compassionate guest worker program passed. 
I don’t often get pissed at politics but that one really got me agitated. It was so obviously better than the Status quo at the time but nobody on either side got 100% of what they wanted so they killed it. Basically the exact inverse of what happened with NAFTA when a Dem president got that passed more because of the opposition party than his own party. 
we’ve gone from a sensible and pragmatic approach that would help make things better incrementally to horseshit stupidity in the form of build that wall or open borders. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

On 7/12/2020 at 9:02 PM, Tuco said:

Burn, baby, burn. 

As far as conservative pundits go I’m not sure who is more loathsome and stupid, Coulter or Hannity. It’s truly a tough call. 

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

horseshit stupidity in the form of build that wall or open borders. 

Yes, this would be horseshit stupidity if true, but only the former is correct. No democrat is pursuing open borders. Probably for a different thread though. 

11 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

And Lou is his actual middle name so I won’t be surprised to see his idiot cult trying use that as a defense.

I mean, do Saban's close friends call him Lou or something? That could be a legit defense.

Oh, this motherfucker has done it now.

If Trump tweeted that Saban should be fired the Bama Trumpkins would be protesting for his removal at Bryant Denny the next day. These people have only one allegiance.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

If Trump tweeted that Saban should be fired the Bama Trumpkins would be protesting for his removal at Bryant Denny the next day. These people have only one allegiance.

I think it'd be more like the orcs after Frodo tossed the One Ring into Mt. Doom--- the running hither and yon, leaderless, throwing themselves into pits in the earth, etc.