2020 Senate Elections

Patrick Bateman

22 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

A scenario where Biden wins and Warnock makes the runoff, would lead to a national full court press along with Abrams and Bottoms (Atlanta mayor) leading the charge.

It's a good thing that you put that (Atlanta mayor) in there.  Otherwise, we would have assumed you were talking about Pence and Graham, and it would have been confusing. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

She tried to make this a thing 2 months ago and it didn’t catch on then either. Hate pouring cold water

Her new tweet has more than twice the number of likes and generated more than five times the amount of replies compared to her July tweet.

For a candidate without widespread name recognition, that isn't nothing.

• Hook 'Em 1

It doesn’t change what I said, and the number from 15 minutes ago you cited should be greater than the number from 10 hours ago was when I posted an old screenshot after she won a runoff. In a presidential year, she should have way more engagement. She’s a huge disappointment for someone who had the backing of the DSCC when suburban moms are turning their back on the Republican party and Dems are committing to getting more veteran candidates over Black men and women in a cycle where they are more engaged.

On 9/22/2020 at 7:13 AM, Bateshorn said:

I was in Montegomery in August and was blown away by the Jones signs in Old Cloverdale.  I mean I still think he’s gonna lose, but it’s not due to lack of effort.

Cloverdale was my Dad's stomping grounds back in the 50s. I picture him as a sort of James Dean/Elvis mash-up. He had stories.

My street (Homewood) is all Jones signs, you have to go a block away to find your first Biden sign though. Driving around Mountain Brook, though, where I expected it to be even thicker for Jones, I saw my first Tuberville signs.

On 9/22/2020 at 5:53 PM, Gil Bang said:

Probably Louisiana.  That's where he was living, IIRC. 

He's military, if you're wondering.   

It just seems logical that if he's a full-time AL resident a month before the election, AL is where he should vote. 

Whenever you fly into Birmingham in the Aftertimes, give a shout and you will be handed a beverage.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Georgia update- Doug Collins predictably goes after Atilla the Hun Loeffler and Stacey Abrams is telling Lieberman to fuck off

I thought Atilla killed a lot more than "thousands". If it hadn't died unexpectedly, wouldn't he have conquered all Europe? And by conquered I mean killed every male over the age of 10 or so, and not a few women and children as well?

Any historians up in here?

10 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

It doesn’t change what I said, and the number from 15 minutes ago you cited should be greater than the number from 10 hours ago was when I posted an old screenshot after she won a runoff. In a presidential year, she should have way more engagement. She’s a huge disappointment for someone who had the backing of the DSCC when suburban moms are turning their back on the Republican party and Dems are committing to getting more veteran candidates over Black men and women in a cycle where they are more engaged.

She's getting my vote, but if she takes that Cornyn tweet with the beer from March 14 and shows it on the timeline, it illustrates his failed leadership rather succinctly. Hegar commented on his tweet in social media at the time, but now, many many lives lost and six months later and the lack of preparation by the Senate (despite having been briefed) might energize those suburban votes to stay far away from the GOP.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

siap

I'm sure it's happened but I can't recall an incumbent crying so much about losing the contribution race. I do recall some politicians complaining when their opponent is receiving money from donors outside their state/district but not whining about his inability to keep up.

Incumbents are running on their record and image. If Graham has a problem with that, he shouldn't have waited 5 weeks before the election. 

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm sure it's happened but I can't recall an incumbent crying so much about losing the contribution race. I do recall some politicians complaining when their opponent is receiving money from donors outside their state/district but not whining about his inability to keep up.

Incumbents are running on their record and image. If Graham has a problem with that, he shouldn't have waited 5 weeks before the election. 

Harrison is out there talking to his fellow South Carolinians. Lindsey is auditioning for Trump so much he is a relic. Here's Harrison's response regarding a question about South Carolina and COVID from Rolling Stone:

I think one of the big missed opportunities was just the dismissive fashion in which sometimes our leadership addressed the coronavirus. I mean, I remember seeing a number of the interviews that Lindsay had and he [treated it] like it was a car accident or something. 'This happens all the time, this is not to be a big issue.' He kept moving the goal line for what success meant. 25,000 deaths, 50,000 deaths. Now we’re seeing hundreds of thousands of deaths across the country. Lindsey and Senator Scott had this big rally out in Myrtle Beach and they’re up on stage and nobody’s wearing a mask. This was back in May or June. When you have emergencies like this, the thing that people are looking for is for leaders to hold their hand, to say this is the path forward, this is how we address this issue, and this is what we’re going to do to protect you and your families. I don’t think there was a clarity, a message that was that crystal clear for the people of South Carolina, or the people of the nation.

People don't wish to be dismissed, they wish to be 'seen.' Harrison 'sees' them. Now that he is receiving funds, he's able to get his message to more voters in SC and it's having an effect.

4 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Harrison is out there talking to his fellow South Carolinians. Lindsey is auditioning for Trump so much he is a relic. Here's Harrison's response regarding a question about South Carolina and COVID from Rolling Stone:

People don't wish to be dismissed, they wish to be 'seen.' Harrison 'sees' them. Now that he is receiving funds, he's able to get his message to more voters in SC and it's having an effect.

While I hate official term limits (I think elections are the best term limit tool), I imagine that DC politicians have a tendency to remain in DC more and more as their tenure increases. After a couple of senate terms, I wouldn't be shocked if the senator really only lives in DC. Travels back home for fund raisers only.

16 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Republicans like to brag about how they're guided by their religion but they sure do get bitch ass when you start asking questions about said religion.

It's also a complete lie.  That her base eats up. Schumer is a practicing Jew leading a memorial service for a Supreme Court justice who was also a practicing Jew.

11 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

It sucks that two quality Dem candidates (Beto and Harrison) are from such ass-backwards states. I pray Harrison wins, dude seems to have a genuine soul. 

I was just thinking about how Harrison is like this year's Beto. Strong, likeable candidate up against a POS senator. And will probably lose by 3 points.

51 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

While I hate official term limits (I think elections are the best term limit tool), I imagine that DC politicians have a tendency to remain in DC more and more as their tenure increases. After a couple of senate terms, I wouldn't be shocked if the senator really only lives in DC. Travels back home for fund raisers only.

Seems like something  senators should be able to plan for.

6 year terms are a long time. I’d spend plenty of time in DC years 1-3 then make sure you’re visible back home the last few years before re-election.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lemonlime said:

It's also a complete lie.  That her base eats up. Schumer is a practicing Jew leading a memorial service for a Supreme Court justice who was also a practicing Jew.

Judaism has been reclassified as a nationality per Trump's executive order. 

20 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I thought Atilla killed a lot more than "thousands". If it hadn't died unexpectedly, wouldn't he have conquered all Europe? And by conquered I mean killed every male over the age of 10 or so, and not a few women and children as well?

No, Atilla would not have conquered all, but he was pretty violent.

He had a better shot at dominance than Hannibal, but Hannibal had elephants so he wins on those grounds alone imo.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2020 at 12:30 AM, StassneyHorn said:

OK, you got the job.  You're her new campaign manager.

23 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I think you're thinking of the Mongols

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, Calihorn said:

Internal, so take with the appropriate amount of salt. However, watching that spineless, crying little bitch lose would be the 2nd best result of the night.

His numbers are starting to go down on predict it.  He wouldn’t be going on Fox News to beg every night like a miserable little cunt if he wasn’t actually in trouble. I think the threat is real.