Patrick Bateman

3 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Flaming Elmo

giphy.gif

18 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

This makes me rock hard.

Gonna need to call my doctor today

9 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

His numbers are starting to go down on predict it.  He wouldn’t be going on Fox News to beg every night like a miserable little cunt if he wasn’t actually in trouble. I think the threat is real.

Reminds me a lot of Beto vs Cruz.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, troph said:

The black candidate in a black state and the homophobia with a gay candidate are elements Beto vs Cruz didn’t have though.

Also Jamie Harrison isn’t treating his campaign like an apology tour. I don’t think I’ve ever been as disappointed in a candidate as I was in Beto. He wasted a great campaign strategy

I wonder what race he will lose next. Governor? A moral victory against Greg Abbott would be on-brand.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

image.jpeg.282d117d0b58c26d2622cef79377d577.jpeg

The dem senators give the gop senators nothing to go on at the confirmation hearings.  Either ask zero questions or just use their time to remind the viewers how much trump is not the law & order president. Hell, ask Barrett what she thinks of trump and his past behavior. And if she doesn’t take the bait, use the tv time to remind her of trumps attitude and behavior towards women.

12 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Graham will get some decent tv time with the scotus confirmation hearings. My guess is that he will duplicate his faux outrage that he used at the kavanaugh hearings. Confirming the justice is the lowest priority for the confirmation hearings. 

In order to avoid that, Dems shouldn't even bother with asking questions. There is no skeleton in the closet bad enough to prevent Republicans from confirming her.  She could be a serial killing cannibal. It wouldn't matter. The hearing is entirely pointless. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Was on YouTube yesterday and a Cornyn ad popped up. It's the only place I've seen one, although he keeps calling/emailing.

Cornyns campaign are showing Tv ads in Big TV markets  constantly where he’s wearing a mask and talking about working with Democrats to protect women. I don’t think he understands his base. 

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Also Jamie Harrison isn’t treating his campaign like an apology tour. I don’t think I’ve ever been as disappointed in a candidate as I was in Beto. He wasted a great campaign strategy

I wonder what race he will lose next. Governor? A moral victory against Greg Abbott would be on-brand.

He might as well run for Governor. Our last candidate was so awful I couldn’t even vote for her.

59 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The dem senators give the gop senators nothing to go on at the confirmation hearings.  Either ask zero questions or just use their time to remind the viewers how much trump is not the law & order president. Hell, ask Barrett what she thinks of trump and his past behavior. And if she doesn’t take the bait, use the tv time to remind her of trumps attitude and behavior towards women.

I think each dem senator should play a tape of either Barret herself, or a GOP senator stating that Obama should not nominate a SC justice during an election year then simply say “ Do you agree with what this person (including yourself) said or were they wrong?”  Over and over again....

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Cornyns campaign are showing Tv ads in Big TV markets  constantly where he’s wearing a mask and talking about working with Democrats to protect women. I don’t think he understands his base. 

or maybe he does.  no way they vote for a woman, period.  they are lock-step with him, just like Trump.  He can't say anything to lose them, so now he's going after the burbs where red is turning purple and purple is turning blue.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

And end up somehow with a win out of the deal. Every time he fails he fails up. 

31 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Is there any real surprise that the Trump campaign is run exactly like the Trump administration? They have been thinking about 1 hour ahead of themselves for the past 4 years. And that is probably being generous.

I don't know the local TV ad buy system but wouldn't TV stations require some nonrefundable deposits in advance and then full payment leading up to the date? i wonder if the Trump campaign is walking away from money they've already spent because they can't pay the rest of the bill. 

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

they can't pay the rest of the bill. 

"Doesn't pay its bills" is the fucking official motto of the Trump campaign.  No entity should take paid advertising from them except if paid in actual cash, up front.  I'm talking stacks of paper money -- no electronic shit that they can try to claw back.

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I don't know the local TV ad buy system but wouldn't TV stations require some nonrefundable deposits in advance and then full payment leading up to the date? i wonder if the Trump campaign is walking away from money they've already spent because they can't pay the rest of the bill. 

given that it's the Trump Administration, i'm guessing they put no money down and are just walking away from the scheduled ad times.  i'm sure somebody has actual insight into how this works. however, you'd think that if a TV station could assume any entity would have money to pay for ads such that it wouldn't need an upfront deposit, it would be the incumbent fucking POTUS running for re-election.  but this is Trump.  a broke ass businessman who stiffs service providers as a matter of course.  so you shouldn't assume he has any money to pay upfront.

at least the TV stations canceled the spots in time to try and find a replacement.  you know damn well the Trump campaign was asking the TV stations to run the ads and then pay them later (which it wouldn't do).

5 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

you know damn well the Trump campaign was asking the TV stations to run the ads and then pay them later (which it wouldn't do).

Yeah.....at this point, anyone who lets anyone or any entity even remotely affiliated with Trump conduct any transaction on credit is criminally stupid.

If I had a restaurant and the Trump team came in, I'd make them pay cash for the meal up front, before I even brought out an iced tea.

I've read that local TV requires full payment upfront before the ad airs. But I don't know how much it costs to reserve a time. I would assume the closer one gets to the air date, the more the TV station requires. but I don't know.

Too many campaigns run out of money and never pay heir debts. I bet mainly small vendors, like local printers get stiffed on the bills because they were too naive.

54 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Rare inflection point in American history (govt should do more) = widen the map.

image.png.01de354110853924e5042a5653acc3f5.png

"Do you think the government should do more or less?" is kind of a silly question.

I think government should do more to:

• provide a quality baseline public education
  • combat foreign election interference
  • remove profit as a motive in healthcare
  • include pandemic preparedness in the constitutional mandate to "provide for the common defense"
  • Be a shining example of democracy to the world

I think government should do less to:

• undermine our own elections
  • involve us in foreign conflicts unnecessarily
  • put kids in cages
  • cozy up to despotic totalitarian regimes