2020 Senate Elections

Patrick Bateman

3 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I see that in addition to #moscowmitch and #lenningradlindsey,  #comradecornyn is beginning to gain traction on Twitter.

Cornyn picked up a potential primary challenger from Pat Fallon.  Empower Texans' butt boy. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Cornyn picked up a potential primary challenger from Pat Fallon.  Empower Texans' butt boy. 

I would be shocked if he won,* but damned if he isn't going to force Cornyn to spend some money and effort in the primary.

* Right?  I mean, I would be shocked, right?  I just don't have a feel for the Texas GOP anymore.

The tea party pacs can always be counted on to have terrible timing.  Texas is starting to look purple, so of course they run someone against Cornyn so he's going to have to go way farther right than he wants.  Couldn't happen to a nice group of assholes.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Js1 said:

Tonight has Tillis drinking hard 

Do we have a good candidate to oppose him? That’s always a big part of the equation.

both Kelly in Arizona and hickenlooper in Colorado seem to be 5 star candidates, but the candidate quality in other states has been lacking. I’m skeptical that MJ Hagar can challenge Cornyn and I’m not all that stoked about our Georgia candidates.

54 minutes ago, Js1 said:

We’d certainly love to make your wish come true 

I don’t blame her one bit. I’d have to imagine being a female republican Senator would suck ass. The senate doesn’t do anything and she would have to look at her “bosses” all day. Old and decrepit creatures like Mitch McConnell and John Cornyn who still have view points from the 1950’s. People who have no social skills and are very awkward bitter people. Hell that retard Lindsey Graham still uses a flip phone. The senate GOP is a bunch of dinosaurs who need to be fossilized.

she actually looks hot for 53. I’d hit it.

Edited by Voldemort86

6 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Do we have a good candidate to oppose him? That’s always a big part of the equation.

both Kelly in Arizona and hickenlooper in Colorado seem to be 5 star candidates, but the candidate quality in other states has been lacking. I’m skeptical that MJ Hagar can challenge Cornyn and I’m not all that stoked about our Georgia candidates.

Well, you might get McCready, which really wouldn't break my heart.  He seems like a pretty good candidate.

I'm not altogether skeptical of MJ Hegar.  We will see, but I think that's a pretty good candidate for Texas.

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

Well, you might get McCready, which really wouldn't break my heart.  He seems like a pretty good candidate.

I'm not altogether skeptical of MJ Hegar.  We will see, but I think that's a pretty good candidate for Texas.

Cal Cunningham is a fine candidate. 

On 8/20/2019 at 7:28 PM, Message Board User said:

Are we prepared for a world where Arizona has two Democratic senators?

(though I'm sure Sinema would fail the Squad's and half this board's Democratic purity test, so not sure you can count her)

This perhaps deserves its own thread, but sure enough, Sinema is now facing a ridiculous censure from the moonbats in the Arizona Democratic Party. 

Apparently these progressives are unimpressed that Sinema is the first Democratic senator in forever.  

23 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

This perhaps deserves its own thread, but sure enough, Sinema is now facing a ridiculous censure from the moonbats in the Arizona Democratic Party. 

Apparently these progressives are unimpressed that Sinema is the first Democratic senator in forever.  

Any Democratic Senator that voted to confirm Bill Barr should be held accountable.  

We should want our political parties to hold themselves accountable.  Now, I might not agree with this methodology but Kyrsten did fuck up. 

36 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Any Democratic Senator that voted to confirm Bill Barr should be held accountable.  

We should want our political parties to hold themselves accountable.  Now, I might not agree with this methodology but Kyrsten did fuck up. 

The last poll had her approval within her party in AZ at almost 70% soooo

23 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The last poll had her approval within her party in AZ at almost 70% soooo

So she can take the hit.  This isn’t a big deal, she’s got at least five more years as Senator.  This shit will be an afterthought by the time she runs for re-election.  Democrats shouldn’t need to be like republicans anymore to win elections.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

25 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

So she can take the hit.  This isn’t a big deal, she’s got at least five more years as Senator.  This shit will be an afterthought by the time she runs for re-election.  Democrats shouldn’t need to be like republicans anymore to win elections.

Or they can recognize big tents win elections.  

10 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m just not a party over people guy I guess. 

Your exact position in this current discussion is party over people. You are advocating for party purity tests vs. representatives who represent their constituents more closely than marching in lockstep with the party platform. You can't just say things that sound cool and have them be true.

Edited by BradInATX

Just now, BradInATX said:

Your exact position in this current discussion is party over people. You are advocating for party purity tests vs. representatives who represent their constituents more closely than marching in lockstep with the party platform.

Voting for Trump’s corrupt POS appointees that destroy our institutions and environment. 

Yes, I’m sure that’s what the democratic voters of Arizona wanted when they voted for Krysten. 

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Not every democrat should be held to the same standards. Ocasio-Cortez and her kind can be as liberal as they want because 80-90% of their districts vote D no matter what. Sometimes keeping a seat is more about adding to the majority or depriving the other party.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Voting for Trump’s corrupt POS appointees that destroy our institutions and environment. 

Yes, I’m sure that’s what the democratic voters of Arizona wanted when they voted for Krysten. 

She voted with him 19% of the time. Would 100% be more to your liking? Because that's what you'll get in most reddish-purple states if you try to cram a far-left candidate down their throats. Realpolitik - how does it work? 

Fascism in your face kinda has a radicalizing effect.  

Look, I understand this isn’t the time for public inter-party spats, but the enablers are part of the problem.  They should get their shit together behind closed doors and fight on a unified front.  JMO

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Fascism in your face kinda has a radicalizing effect.  

Look, I understand this isn’t the time for public inter-party spats, but the enablers are part of the problem.  They should get their shit together behind closed doors and fight on a unified front.  JMO

Also, you realize that her yes vote on Barr, which I find a bit distasteful myself (but see the bigger picture, baby/bathwater etc.), was probably a strategic move? The party probably gave her the green light to do it (as a political move) because he had the votes anyway, and their internal polling or whatever showed that it was the right move.

Edited by BradInATX

24 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Not every democrat should be held to the same standards. Ocasio-Cortez and her kind can be as liberal as they want because 80-90% of their districts vote D no matter what. Sometimes keeping a seat is more about adding to the majority or depriving the other party.

Fucking this. 

I'm not going to waste one second asking if a candidate in a purple state is going to vote one hundo for MYFUCKINGISSUES. We all got'em. The things that compel us to post in here. If the Republicans want to purge their party of differing opinions or colors or classes, that's on them. But, it's win baby and make your point later. Can they win in that state or district? Because it don't make a shit what their issue point might be if they can't fucking win. Full stop.

AOC put in the work to win her district. 

Don't expect MJ to always toe the line either.  If she,and that's a mighty big IF, happens to win. You gotta win to make your point. She has her issues. We share some and I'm sure I'll disagree with her at some point on something. But, I can garonteeya I'll agree with her votes a lot more than Cornyn. Win. 

I don't know if Manchin is going to vote this way or that every time it comes up. But, I'll take him over any of the R alternatives in WV.

If sinema can make the people of Arizona like and respect her and she holds down that seat for the next 20 years, it would be a god send for the Democratic Party no matter how she votes. The far lefties need to lay off on this one.

we’re probably going to lose that West Virginia seat forever soon. Joe Manchin is the only democrat on earth who can win it. He’s not getting any younger folks. Senate seats are precious commodities. We need at least over 45 at all times, if the margin got close to 60-40 repubs will get bold and try to use bully tactics on some democratic senators to get TERRIBLE legislation through which 30-35% of the country agrees with ( Obamacare repeal) for example. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

If sinema can make the people of Arizona like and respect her and she holds down that seat for the next 20 years, it would be a god send for the Democratic Party no matter how she votes. The far lefties need to lay off on this one.

we’re probably going to lose that West Virginia seat forever soon. Joe Manchin is the only democrat on earth who can win it. He’s not getting any younger folks. Senate seats are precious commodities. We need at least over 45 at all times, if the margin got close to 60-40 repubs will get bold and try to use bully tactics on some democratic senators to get TERRIBLE legislation through which 30-35% of the country agrees with ( Obamacare repeal) for example. 

I wouldn't say Manchin is the only one who can win it.

Earl Ray Tomblin was a popularly elected pro-life Democratic Governor who won the 2011 special election 49.6-47% and the 2012 general election 50.5-45.6% (while Obama lost by 26+ points).  He was not allowed to run in 2016 (cannot serve 2 consecutive terms and the West Virginia constitution considers a partial term to count towards that limit). 

I mean, sure he's 67, but that's young for the Senate!  Considering 5 Senators are in their 80s, 20 are in their 70s and another 10 are 68 or 69. 

Just now, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

is he the presumptive nominee?

I don't even think that race has heated up yet.

He's the most Trumpian, by far.  But he's a loser, so Trump probably won't endorse him.  This reads like McConnell's allies released a poll to undercut KKKobach's campaign and ensure Roger Marshall (KS-01 rep) the bid. 

On 9/17/2019 at 10:49 PM, Voldemort86 said:

I agree, but Hugo is right about this particular thing. Barr is a fucking traitor to this country. We aren't talking about voting on healthcare plans here. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Message Board User said:

Team Cornyn can go get fucked. They would’ve taken the healthcare bill passed from the house and let it die a lonely death in the senate, just like they do on ALL legislation, then Cornyn would’ve campaigned against democrats saying that they didn’t get anything done in the house. 

Cornyn and his loser friends in the senate are the problem. Anyone with an IQ above retard level should know that.

• Like 1

Arizona Q3:

Mark Kelly - $5.5 million raised, $9.5 million COH, avg. donation $36
Martha McSally - $3 million raised, $5.6 million COH, avg. donation $64

Fuckkkkkk, Arizona is going to have 2 Democrat Senators come January 2021.  Holy shit. 

22 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Arizona Q3:

Mark Kelly - $5.5 million raised, $9.5 million COH, avg. donation $36
Martha McSally - $3 million raised, $5.6 million COH, avg. donation $64

Fuckkkkkk, Arizona is going to have 2 Democrat Senators come January 2021.  Holy shit. 

Arizona is likely going blue this time.  Can’t see both Trump and Kelly winning at the same time.

They also picked up McSally's old House seat last time.  It's like the people of Arizona don't like McSally.  Who could have predicted that?

Edited by Aqua Buddha

3 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Arizona is likely going blue this time.  Can’t see both Trump and Kelly winning at the same time.

They also picked up McSally's old House seat last time.  It's like the people of Arizona don't like McSally.  Who could have predicted that?

She’s an awful candidate. 

If you ever hear her talk or watch any of her ads, the first sentence out of her mouth is usually “ I’m a fighter pilot!”. I mean it’s great that she served and has a military history, I’m not trying to diminish that, but don’t act like you deserve the damn seat because you served in the military. You still gotta earn it you dumb bitch.

she also sucked at trying to appease trumpkins while not alienating moderates at the same time in 2018.

it seems like Arizona and Georgia could very well go blue before Texas. As for Texas, I still think the first year that it’s possible is 2024.

Edited by Voldemort86