2020 Senate Elections

Patrick Bateman

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Still impressive 

She won't beat him.  And it's money that needs to go to winnable races in Arizona (appointed incumbent), Colorado (incumbent), Maine (incumbent), Iowa (incumbent), 2 separates race in Georgia (incumbent and jungle open race) and North Carolina (incumbent).  Hell, Kansas (open), Alaska (incumbent) and Montana (incumbent) might be better pickup opportunities than Kentucky. 

The road to the Senate majority doesn't go through Kentucky.  The best way to ensure Mitch is not the Majority Leader come 2021 is simply taking away his majority, not trying to send him home.  Because that's a losing strategy.

Lose Alabama, pick up Colorado, Maine, Arizona, North Carolina and win the Presidency.  Bam - 50 + tiebreaker. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Js1 said:

She won't beat him.  And it's money that needs to go to winnable races in Arizona (appointed incumbent), Colorado (incumbent), Maine (incumbent), Iowa (incumbent), 2 separates race in Georgia (incumbent and jungle open race) and North Carolina (incumbent).  Hell, Kansas (open), Alaska (incumbent) and Montana (incumbent) might be better pickup opportunities than Kentucky. 

The road to the Senate majority doesn't go through Kentucky.  The best way to ensure Mitch is not the Majority Leader come 2021 is simply taking away his majority, not trying to send him home.  Because that's a losing strategy.

Lose Alabama, pick up Colorado, Maine, Arizona, North Carolina and win the Presidency.  Bam - 50 + tiebreaker. 

The road to Senate control may not go through Kentucky, but the point of this is similar to the role of Beto's Senate campaign last year: a dollar spent in Kentucky is a dollar not spent in actual battlegrounds. Make Moscow Mitch burn money playing defense on what he thought was friendly turf when that cash is needed elsewhere. 

If Andy Beshear beats Matt Bevin in 3 weeks, then this race moves from total long shot to the lottery ticket tier. 

11 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

That is exactly what the press needs to do. When they don't answer the first guy's question, the 2nd reporter needs to ask the exact same question. Then the 3rd says why won't you just answer the question? Then the fourth and the fifth.

It only took them three years to figure it out.

7 hours ago, Pancho said:

If all politicians were shamed like this continuously then they’d either spend more time with their constituents so they know what really needs to be done, or, they would not get re-elected. For the last 30+ years the name of the game has been about getting re-elected, not representing your constituents. Good on Erik. Hopefully he and his fellow voters see results. 

10 hours ago, Jhawk said:

If all politicians were shamed like this continuously then they’d either spend more time with their constituents so they know what really needs to be done, or, they would not get re-elected. For the last 30+ years the name of the game has been about getting re-elected, not representing your constituents. Good on Erik. Hopefully he and his fellow voters see results. 

What is fucked up is that those two things are not the same thing.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2019 at 2:51 PM, Pancho said:

Well, see, here's the thing....FUCK SUSAN FUCKING COLLINS.

There you go, Senator.  See, THAT'S how it looks when someone's rude to you.  Of course, the catch in all this....that's exactly what your entitled, self-serving sorry ass deserved.  Get the fuck out of my house (yes, see, in case you fucking forgot, the Capitol doesn't belong to you -- it belongs to we the people.  And if we do our fucking job, we'll evict your sorry ass).

36 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Good. Fuck you, Joni.

Not even Cachi loves you anymore.

AZ, CO look pretty much flipped. 
ME and NC are getting there. Saw a poll where Tillis was tied or trailing his opponents and was in the low 30s. 
Iowa is a dark horse 

Can Doug Jones be his own man and get enough ticket splitters? 

Well he raised $2.5 million in the last quarter and if Tommy Tuberville or Roy Moore win the republican nomination.......

And frankly the other Republicans running are pretty unknown and don’t seem to be gaining any traction.

Jones has done a good job with constituent services and for the most part the reaction to him at home has been “He may be a Democrat but he’s one of the good ones”.

He’s been all over the state on this recess and getting good turnout at his events.

His re-election is certainly not a lock but I don’t think it’s the disaster everyone else is predicting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Well he raised $2.5 million in the last quarter and if Tommy Tuberville or Roy Moore win the republican nomination.......

And frankly the other Republicans running are pretty unknown and don’t seem to be gaining any traction.

Jones has done a good job with constituent services and for the most part the reaction to him at home has been “He may be a Democrat but he’s one of the good ones”.

He’s been all over the state on this recess and getting good turnout at his events.

His re-election is certainly not a lock but I don’t think it’s the disaster everyone else is predicting.

I don’t doubt what you’re saying, but Alabama and the Deep South in general has way too many people who feel like it’s their earthbound duty to vote republican at all costs. These same people would’ve supported a second term for Richard Nixon and screamed “ FAKE NEWS” at any and all facts that came out supporting impeachment.

never underestimate the stubbornness and stupidity of rural southern people.

I don’t doubt what you’re saying, but Alabama and the Deep South in general has way too many people who feel like it’s their earthbound duty to vote republican at all costs. These same people would’ve supported a second term for Richard Nixon and screamed “ FAKE NEWS” at any and all facts that came out supporting impeachment.
never underestimate the stubbornness and stupidity of rural southern people.

Well, Alabama voters did actually elect a democratic senator two years ago.

Does your state have a Democrat and a moderately Trumpy Republican in the Senate?

Or have you got Cruz & Cornyn?

I know it sucks to acknowledge it but Alafuckingbama has the best Senate delegation of all the red states.
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Well, Alabama voters did actually elect a democratic senator two years ago.

Does your state have a Democrat and a moderately Trumpy Republican in the Senate?

Or have you got Cruz & Cornyn?

I know it sucks to acknowledge it but Alafuckingbama has the best Senate delegation of all the red states.

It's because one of the candidates was a pedo. He's going to lose to Tommy Tuberville next year. 

Morning Consult’s poll also looked at approval ratings for U.S. Senators.

Democrat Doug Jones’ approval rating was 41 percent; Republican Richard Shelby’s was 45 percent. Jones’ disapproval rating was at 36 percent, 6 percentage points higher than Shelby’s.

Jones approval was the 18th lowest among all Senators and the 6th lowest among Democrats. Shelby ranked 59th highest for approval ratings, 29th highest among Republicans.

42 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

So is there a primary debate for the Texas senate or are we expected to choose campaign based media coverage?  I like Amanda Edwards on paper but Royce West has a ton of legislative experience. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by Pasken

It's because one of the candidates was a pedo. He's going to lose to Tommy Tuberville next year. 
Morning Consult’s poll also looked at approval ratings for U.S. Senators.
Democrat Doug Jones’ approval rating was 41 percent; Republican Richard Shelby’s was 45 percent. Jones’ disapproval rating was at 36 percent, 6 percentage points higher than Shelby’s.
Jones approval was the 18th lowest among all Senators and the 6th lowest among Democrats. Shelby ranked 59th highest for approval ratings, 29th highest among Republicans.

I mean, I only live here but okay.

And I’m being dead serious when I tell you that the only thing more important to Alabama voters than an R after their name is whether they’re UA or AU.

Tuberville was the AU coach during Bama’s darkest time and he was a cocky, rub it your face asshole his entire tenure when it came to the Iron Bowl.

Many years and multiple NCs later and Bama fans absolutely loathe Tuberville.

They’ll go vote for Satan himself to stick it to Tuberville.

And there are more Bama fans than Auburn fans - probably 60/40.

If Jones was in the AOC/Bernie/Warren camp, they’d hold their noses and vote Tuberville.

But Jones is an Alabama alum and has always been very respected in both parties despite what some numbers say, especially with his history in prosecuting the Birmingham Church Bombers.

Here’s who’s running in the Republican primary -

7e3fc53d9274d4903c171e05891f0ad3.jpg

Merrill or Byrne beat Jones no question.

The others are unknown nobodies.

Alabama Democrats are going to be very pleased with Moore or Tuberville as the nominee.

And with that crowded field, another Roy Moore primary victory is very possible.

46 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

I mean, I only live here but okay.

And I’m being dead serious when I tell you that the only thing more important to Alabama voters than an R after their name is whether they’re UA or AU.

Tuberville was the AU coach during Bama’s darkest time and he was a cocky, rub it your face asshole his entire tenure when it came to the Iron Bowl.

Many years and multiple NCs later and Bama fans absolutely loathe Tuberville.

They’ll go vote for Satan himself to stick it to Tuberville.

And there are more Bama fans than Auburn fans - probably 60/40.

If Jones was in the AOC/Bernie/Warren camp, they’d hold their noses and vote Tuberville.

But Jones is an Alabama alum and has always been very respected in both parties despite what some numbers say, especially with his history in prosecuting the Birmingham Church Bombers.

Here’s who’s running in the Republican primary -

7e3fc53d9274d4903c171e05891f0ad3.jpg

Merrill or Byrne beat Jones no question.

The others are unknown nobodies.

Alabama Democrats are going to be very pleased with Moore or Tuberville as the nominee.

And with that crowded field, another Roy Moore primary victory is very possible.

Trump loves your state. 

he likes to get lots of his policy ideas and people to work in his administration from Alabama. 

I think trump can pull Bama voters into line on the senate race. I also think many people in Alabama are so vehemently against abortion that they will vote R solely for that reason alone, no matter who it is.

i hope you’re right, but Jones re- election seems iffy to me at best from my perspective.

Since DJ is essentially campaigning for the duration of his remainder of time, I posit that he could easily travel to every state he desires with the amount of money at his disposal and his penchant for stiffing the cities he visits. Whether that will rally the opposition to vote for the other candidates remains to be seen, but thus far his method is working for him. That is all policy and trending populations aside. The voter registration purgings don't help.

On 10/17/2019 at 9:29 PM, Voldemort86 said:

Trump loves your state. 

he likes to get lots of his policy ideas and people to work in his administration from Alabama. 

I think trump can pull Bama voters into line on the senate race. I also think many people in Alabama are so vehemently against abortion that they will vote R solely for that reason alone, no matter who it is.

i hope you’re right, but Jones re- election seems iffy to me at best from my perspective.

We’ve got friends who went to Alabama.   

It’s like asking Longhorn fans to vote for Bob Stoops.   

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

We’ve got friends who went to Alabama.   

It’s like asking Longhorn fans to vote for Bob Stoops.   

Southern states are very distrustful of  Washington DC democrats. The people in those states will occasionally vote for a democrat for governor or something, but senators, house seats, and electoral college ( president) nearly always are solid red votes no matter how whacko the republican is and no matter how “normal” the democrat is. 

I wish we could be more competitive in those places, but it just doesn’t seem possible. I guess that’s the price we pay for supporting abortion and Medicaid expansion.

Edited by Voldemort86

16 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Battleground states specifically Ernst who has seen her approval rating flip in about 6 months.

Dems in Iowa should be talking daily about how the farm bailouts are disproportionately going to mega farms and the rich and then just keep people talking about stories like the billionaire in West Virginia receiving aid.