2020 Senate Elections

Patrick Bateman

12 hours ago, gmr548 said:

The talking point among Trumpkins is that actblue is some sort of shadow group that launders money abd diverts funds to BLM, Biden, etc (using the top fundraisers list as a source). I tried explaining that is a payment platform, and that saying actblue secretly diverts money to democrats is like saying visa secretly diverts your money to walmart when you buy something.

It did not go well.

Cool.  Ask them what they think ActRed does and what we should do with that organization 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I’m always curious about stuff that gets traction and ends up mattering and stuff that doesn’t- and how that plays. 

This type of stuff should have gotten more traction:

93684552.AQa5pFDO.jpg

So that we didn't end up with Cornyn being elected and thus with this tweet, well over a month after the President and the Senate had been briefed on the coronavirus. (I'm being silly with the example, but perhaps he should've stayed a judge.)

2 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Ernst is looking VERY vulnerable. Her numbers are cratering on predict it right now. Did they just have a debate?  Greenfield seems to have a very real shot at this right now.

Greenfield performed better in their last debate and has some decent ads on her twitter account. Joni has put her foot in her mouth more than once so getting good copy isn't a stretch.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins

4 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

93684552.AQa5pFDO.jpg

So that we didn't end up with Cornyn being elected and thus with this tweet, well over a month after the President and the Senate had been briefed on the coronavirus. (I'm being silly with the example, but perhaps he should've stayed a judge.)

Greenfield performed better in their last debate and has some decent ads on her twitter account. Joni has put her foot in her mouth more than once so getting good copy isn't a stretch.

Also Trump was so bad last night it’s going to hurt a lot of other races. Her. MT. GA. SC. TX. 

10 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

93684552.AQa5pFDO.jpg

Joni wouldn't win a debate with a fern. She ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer. 

51 minutes ago, thepop said:

Stop making me like you Jaime.

Why does it have to be red state Democratic senators / candidates that I like the best? 

Doug Jones is awesome, but he’s pretty much toast. I think this guy would be a 1 term senator as well if he somehow breaks thru. Lots of South Carolina have turned on Graham I’m thinking.

Edited by Voldemort86

2 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

Can someone explain tonight's FEC deadlines? Need to get more money to Jaime Harrison & the Get Mitch team. It's not a deadline to donate, just a deadline for the campaigns to report how much money they've raked in?

Yes. It’s used to show momentum basically. 

I have a specific issue with Cornyn and it's conflicted. He voted against the reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act in '12 and '13 and when he introduced a watered down version, he was blaming the Democrats for walking away (this was last year). What he didn't mention: he has accepted over $200,000 from gun lobbyists and that the version he introduced had what was called the 'boyfriend' loophole. The House version prevented those who had been convicted of abusing their partner from acquiring a gun. Note, not an accusation, a conviction. Access to firearms in incidents of domestic violence makes it five times more likely that a woman will be killed. As a result, women in the U.S. are 25 times more likely to be killed by a gun than women in other high-income countries. (Those #s are from the DoJ and cited by Everytown Research and Policy). I support the second amendment, but this gave me pause. Was there no compromise to be had in this man? It is still sitting in legislative limbo, and since Biden was one of the co-sponsors of the bill back in 1994, I suspect it's not going to get passed anytime soon.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
  • Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Also Trump was so bad last night it’s going to hurt a lot of other races. Her. MT. GA. SC. TX. 

I don't see how the SCOTUS nominee/handling and Trump's debate performance doesn't hurt most GOP senate candidates. I don't think these situations would result in a 10 pt change but there are many races where 2-3 points could put a solid R candidate in trouble. 

32 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Why does it have to be red state Democratic senators / candidates that I like the best? 

Doug Jones is awesome, but he’s pretty much toast. I think this guy would be a 1 term senator as well if he somehow breaks thru. Lots of South Carolina have turned on Graham I’m thinking.

I will trade you Michigan for South Carolina. Deal?  

28 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I have a specific issue with Cornyn and it's conflicted. He voted against the reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act in '12 and '13 and when he introduced a watered down version, he was blaming the Democrats for walking away (this was last year). What he didn't mention: he has accepted over $200,000 from gun lobbyists and that the version he introduced had what was called the 'boyfriend' loophole. The House version prevented those who had been convicted of abusing their partner from acquiring a gun. Note, not an accusation, a conviction. Access to firearms in incidents of domestic violence makes it five times more likely that a woman will be killed. As a result, women in the U.S. are 25 times more likely to be killed by a gun than women in other high-income countries. (Those #s are from the DoJ and cited by Everytown Research and Policy). I support the second amendment, but this gave me pause. Was there no compromise to be had in this man? It is still sitting in legislative limbo, and since Biden was one of the co-sponsors of the bill back in 1994, I suspect it's not going to get passed anytime soon.

Speaking  as a gun owner, John Cornyn fucking sucks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

i have an issue with Cornyn too...

cowboy fringe

Edited by yoladu

7 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

LOL.  4 years later he wants to rewrite history.  He's a pussy.  Cruz is a cunt, but John's a pussy.

Man, I think the real lede here is Cronyn is one of the first to break with Trump. In a red state. Wonder what his internal polls show...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Man, I think the real lede here is Cronyn is one of the first to break with Trump. In a red state. Wonder what his internal polls show...

He's had to work harder than at any time during his term. Many pols only go visit places where they're comfortable not unlike the President. It's a safe enough bet to make, but he's not going to be able to coast this go around.

12 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

That's not an accident.  For folks in the minority party in a state to succeed, they have to work much harder AND be more talented, which acts as a filter.  They have to attract apathetic voters and moderates from the other side, and that's obviously very hard.  It's meritocracy shining through, people who succeed in the face of stiff competition.  In short, they're often better because they have to be in order to beat the odds.  

On the other hand, Dem Senators from blue states are just good at politics within their own party.  They can be very average and still succeed if they know the right people and repeat the same talking points.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Twitter is saying it was a live caller poll

Ernst is a worthless cunt. She voted to repeal Obamacare at least 5000 different times in her career. Today, she voted with the democrats in trying to stop the GOP / Supreme Court from going after Obamacare. Worthless bitch knew it wouldn’t be enough to stop the GOP, she’s just trying to trick her voters.

Edited by Voldemort86

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

They shouldn’t honestly be spending any money in those 3 states. They are gonzo for them. 

Yeah, ok--but is the plan then to hold the line at North Carolina?  Cause that's a tough one.

They're really starting to run the risk of losing way more than four.  Iowa continues to be in very serious play.  And I still wouldn't sleep on Montana.

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

Yeah, ok--but is the plan then to hold the line at North Carolina?  Cause that's a tough one.

They're really starting to run the risk of losing way more than four.  Iowa continues to be in very serious play.  And I still wouldn't sleep on Montana.

Yes. The plan would be to make North Carolina your fire wall. If you win there you still have the senate. If you lose there you weren’t winning Colorado, Maine or Arizona anyway, and it gives you more resources for Iowa, Montana, GA, SC, TX to avoid bloodbath. 

2 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Well, awful plan with how that race is going.

Yeah but trump can still win that state. The point isn’t anything other than cut losses where you are going to lose to defend easier ground to avoid an ass raping. Any money or thought spent in Colorado, Maine  is a waste and I’d argue AZ as well after she got drilled in her last election and where the polls are now. There’s no good answer for the GOP just varying degrees of bad answers. Limiting damage should be first. 

17 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Isn't Tillis the deadest of all tho?

Of the Southern States, he shows the most weakness.  RCP has the current polling average at +6 for Cunningham.  Tillis hasn't won a poll they use since June.  

Frankly, I think South Carolina is their fire wall.  If Lindsay loses then I think Georgia, Iowa, Montana, and maybe as a long play, Texas, are all in play.  North Carolina is gonna need an October surprise for Tillis to get back in as the fave.