Jump to content
texifornia

JUCO LB Caleb Johnson

Recommended Posts

We needed this like a mofo!

Welcome aboard!

 

(QUESTION: What was his injury again? I'd spaced it until I read the Roach review.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, texifornia said:

We're now panicking about RBs get it straight

And how in the Mississippi fuck am I supposed to keep up with the... the. Whatever the fuck you call what's going on in that thread?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2018 at 1:46 AM, Napoleon said:

(QUESTION: What was his injury again? I'd spaced it until I read the Roach review.)

I think it was a shoulder injury. Not sure what kind or how severe though - just that he missed the whole season.

Edit: apparently a small tear that necessitated surgery: https://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2018/10/open-post-monday-october-15th/

Edited by campcrunk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, campcrunk said:

I think it was a shoulder injury. Not sure what kind or how severe though - just that he missed the whole season.

Edit: apparently a small tear that necessitated surgery: https://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2018/10/open-post-monday-october-15th/


Thanks

I saw somewhere that it was a "labrum" tear after I had originally posted. I then looked that up on the google and it appears that it can be in the shoulder or the hip. Some kind of cartilage tearing from the bone in a joint socket. (Something that I would probably never recover from, but I'm not 20 anymore.)

I didn't know if it was shoulder or hip, nor did I know which one was worse. This article helps. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I won’t repeat any poorly substantiated rumors about this guy. I will say that he is at risk never to get back to pre-injury performance levels. I don’t know whether he had anything else done at the same time he had labral repair (trimming out of any shredded bits, for example). Depending on whose numbers you trust, the return percentage at previous performance level is probably over 60, less than 90. I hope and think there’s a good chance we see him contribute good minutes for us, but this is an injury well known to shorten the average playing career. The biceps anchors on the labrum, and if the healing isn’t great from sewing it back down, that force can lead to long-term problems. In age 50+ patients, it is fairly common just to cut the biceps tendon rather than worry about trying to get the labrum well enough to anchor it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Magus Ossis said:

I won’t repeat any poorly substantiated rumors about this guy. I will say that he is at risk never to get back to pre-injury performance levels. I don’t know whether he had anything else done at the same time he had labral repair (trimming out of any shredded bits, for example). Depending on whose numbers you trust, the return percentage at previous performance level is probably over 60, less than 90. I hope and think there’s a good chance we see him contribute good minutes for us, but this is an injury well known to shorten the average playing career. The biceps anchors on the labrum, and if the healing isn’t great from sewing it back down, that force can lead to long-term problems. In age 50+ patients, it is fairly common just to cut the biceps tendon rather than worry about trying to get the labrum well enough to anchor it.

Sorry for bringing another player into this, but didn't Caldwell have the same injury?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Sorry for bringing another player into this, but didn't Caldwell have the same injury?

Yes, same basic story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

I won’t repeat any poorly substantiated rumors about this guy. I will say that he is at risk never to get back to pre-injury performance levels. I don’t know whether he had anything else done at the same time he had labral repair (trimming out of any shredded bits, for example). Depending on whose numbers you trust, the return percentage at previous performance level is probably over 60, less than 90. I hope and think there’s a good chance we see him contribute good minutes for us, but this is an injury well known to shorten the average playing career. The biceps anchors on the labrum, and if the healing isn’t great from sewing it back down, that force can lead to long-term problems. In age 50+ patients, it is fairly common just to cut the biceps tendon rather than worry about trying to get the labrum well enough to anchor it.

I had this surgery a few years ago from a deployment injury and my shoulder has felt better than ever. I’ve had zero issues with while lifting, playing ball year round in multiple bball/ff leagues. 

Now I know the constant hitting on his shoulder will disrupt whatever he had done but hopefully his suture anchors do their job and he can give us quality pt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ChingoHorns said:

I had this surgery a few years ago from a deployment injury and my shoulder has felt better than ever. I’ve had zero issues with while lifting, playing ball year round in multiple bball/ff leagues. 

Now I know the constant hitting on his shoulder will disrupt whatever he had done but hopefully his suture anchors do their job and he can give us quality pt. 

Those fantasy football leagues are the real test. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Those fantasy football leagues are the real test. 

Rushing to the waiver wire without a proper stretch is living on the wild side my dude. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like with the injuries we’re facing at the position, he’d want to stick around and work his way into some (possibly significant) playing time.

Is is a scheme/fit issue?

Was excited about this dude. Was hoping to see him wreck some shit here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn’t play a snap in two blowouts, tells you where he was at even with our depth issues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Nope said:

If he can’t beat out Mitchell and Dele then good riddance 

Tillman had already passed him as well.

Tillman and Mitchell will be the starters next year IMO if Floyd isn't able to return.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Tillman had already passed him as well.

Tillman and Mitchell will be the starters next year IMO if Floyd isn't able to return.

Yeah I’d forgotten about Tillman. Johnson was always a contingency plan so it’s good to hear we didn’t need one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nope said:

Yeah I’d forgotten about Tillman. Johnson was always a contingency plan so it’s good to hear we didn’t need one.

Eh, he was the far higher-touted of our two Jucos - lot of "next Gary Johnson" hype because of his speed. Sucks he busted, he has the basic tools.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Eh, he was the far higher-touted of our two Jucos - lot of "next Gary Johnson" hype because of his speed. Sucks he busted, he has the basic tools.

Well if he wasn’t gonna break the 2 deep we might as well free up the scholarship

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cafe society said:

What's up with Vaughns?  I'm really rooting for this kid.

He played Saturday night and looked a bit lost. Probably for the best he's got Ossai in front of him for the foreseeable future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, texifornia said:

He played Saturday night and looked a bit lost. Probably for the best he's got Ossai in front of him for the foreseeable future.

Is he ahead of Mpagi?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...