Favorite Christmas movies

UTCzech III

OK, from search it looks like there is scattered Christmas movie talk going on in several threads, but we need a proper thread for this.  What ya got?

Me, never really got into It's a Wonderful Life until well into adulthood, was and still am a Miracle on 34th Street guy.

I'm a train nut, so Polar Express is a natural for me.

Big fan of the George C. Scott version of A Christmas Carol.

A Christmas Story, goes without saying (yeah I just said it), 24 hours on TBS is always on in the background at our house.

And my favorite, mentioned on the old site as well, none other than the gang of Stalag 17.  Play us somethin', Joey.

stalag-17-05.jpg

• Like 1

Unpopular opinion time:

Over the years I probably saw all of Christmas Vacation several times, just broken into pieces as it aired on TV. I finally watched it start to finish a few years ago and decided I’m not a huge fan. It’s lowbrow humor that uses cliche characters in incredibly ridiculous situations, mostly the result of their own stupidity. That brand of humor was common in the 80s but doesn’t really appeal to me today. I think a lot of people like it for nostalgia reasons, which I’ll admit is enough for me to casually leave it on in the background, but not enough for me to make an effort to actually watch it.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

Unpopular opinion time:

Over the years I probably saw all of Christmas Vacation several times, just broken into pieces as it aired on TV. I finally watched it start to finish a few years ago and decided I’m not a huge fan. It’s lowbrow humor that uses cliche characters in incredibly ridiculous situations, mostly the result of their own stupidity. That brand of humor was common in the 80s but doesn’t really appeal to me today. I think a lot of people like it for nostalgia reasons, which I’ll admit is enough for me to casually leave it on in the background, but not enough for me to make an effort to actually watch it.

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

Unpopular opinion time:

And your point is?

3 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

Unpopular opinion time:

boy, I really don’t care for this opinion. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, futureman said:

oh that’s a good one.  has anyone said that one yet?  

I would say that means the film is popular, and well liked by most who recall it...
Or should my personal opinions be answered by another posters' thought that posted before I had a chance, on a discussion board..?

Edited by kopp0e