Tucker Carlson Tonight

atomheartbevo

5 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I watched that clip and all I could think about is how anyone could watch former POTUS Obama speaking, and then voluntarily decide they didn't want anymore of that.  They wanted Trump. 

I too struggle to understand how anybody voted for Trump over (checks notes) a third Obama term?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Do the KAs still do the "Old South" weekend, complete w/ Confederate uniforms and rebel flags?  I'm guessing, yes. 

I mean given that they're celebrating some bullshit that took place in a 4 year span in the 1860's back when I was in college in 2003, I think it's pretty safe to say "yes, they still do that shit."

I was gonna say, was that a serious question?
I was on the 40 acres in the mid 90s when the KAs were openly racist. No idea if they got banned to Bolivia or how much shit has changed. For example do all the little shits in Westlake choose Old Miss, Auburn etc for the "culture" that's now missing at UT?

1 minute ago, Born to Run said:
5 hours ago, hpslugga said:

I was on the 40 acres in the mid 90s when the KAs were openly racist. No idea if they got banned to Bolivia or how much shit has changed. For example do all the little shits in Westlake choose Old Miss, Auburn etc for the "culture" that's now missing at UT?

Couldn't answer w/r/t Westlake in specific, but that's exactly how it was at Midwestern State in the aforementioned year. I've no reason to believe it's changed one bit. Again, they have a fucking night every year where the guys dress like Ashley Wilkes in uniform and the girls dress like Scarlett O'Hara, and in this case, they did it on a property that looks like fucking Tara. And they had the nerve to look puzzled when the one black guy in our group walked out in the middle of their presentation during rush week. Just awful people.

7 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Tucker Carlson. Watch any interview where he makes this face and tell me  you don't want to start throwing punches. : punchableface

I should say that the one guy that didn't look like that was the president of the frat, who actually looked like he was counting on that to happen. But he then sprang into apologetics mode and said, and I quote, "fellas, this ain't about racism. It's about heritage." 

KA at Alabama banned the confederate Old South costumes around 10-12 years ago. Auburn KAs didn’t stop wearing them until national KA banned everything Old South in 2016.

Plus, old school Old South SUCKED. All the other big spring parties were beach themed or pirate themed or nautical, so as a girl you got to wear something cute and seasonal appropriate.

If you went to Old South you had to wear heavy ass ugly polyester southern belle dresses with hoop skirts and crinolines and shit. And that get up was hot as hell to be partying in in fucking May in Alabama.

11 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

KA at Alabama banned the confederate Old South costumes around 10-12 years ago. Auburn KAs didn’t stop wearing them until national KA banned everything Old South in 2016.

Plus, old school Old South SUCKED. All the other big spring parties were beach themed or pirate themed or nautical, so as a girl you got to wear something cute and seasonal appropriate.

If you went to Old South you had to wear heavy ass ugly polyester southern belle dresses with hoop skirts and crinolines and shit. And that get up was hot as hell to be partying in in fucking May in Alabama.

That’s a lot of words to say fuck the KA’s, may they rot in hell.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

He's doing this too often lately for it to not be some sort of bit. It's like his take on the Joker laugh. I really don't like the idea of Tucker trying to appeal to the dipshits that love that shit.

mmmmm...sweaty inner lady thighs.

fuck. yes.
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

Tucker blames Fauci for pandemic....using evidence, an article written by Nicholas Wade, "who for more than fifty years has been one of the preeminent science writers of the world"

I wonder why Nicholas Wade doesn't work for New York Times anymore...

Oh that's right, he wrote a book misinterpreting other people's research to say blacks were genetically inferior to whites. 

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2014/08/geneticists-decry-book-race-and-evolution

A best-seller by former New York Times science writer Nicholas Wade about recent human evolution and its potential effects on human cultures has drawn critical reviews since its spring publication. Now, nearly 140 senior human population geneticists around the world, many of whose work was cited in the book, have signed a letter to The New York Times Book Review stating that Wade has misinterpreted their work. The letter criticizes “Wade’s misappropriation of research from our field to support arguments about differences among human societies,” and is slated to appear in the 10 August issue of the Book Review. It’s available online today.

The book, A Troublesome Inheritance: Genes, Race and Human History, contends that human races are a biological reality and that recent human evolution has led to racial differences in economic and social behavior.  In the book, Wade suggests that such genetic differences may help explain why some people live in tribal societies and some in advanced civilizations, why African-Americans are allegedly more violent than whites, and why the Chinese may be good at business.

The book has received some blistering reviews from both scientists and science writers, including one by David Dobbs in The New York Times Book Review, and some scientists weighed in with blogs as well. Now, geneticists have crafted a joint response, concluding that “there is no support from the field of population genetics for Wade’s conjectures.” The list of signatories reads like a who’s who of researchers in the field and includes such well-known geneticists as Evan Eichler of the University of Washington, Seattle; David Goldstein of Duke University; and Michael Hammer of the University of Arizona.

The letter was spearheaded by five population geneticists who had informally discussed the book at conferences, says co-organizer Rasmus Nielsen of the University of California, Berkeley. “There was a feeling that our research had been hijacked by Wade to promote his ideological agenda,” Nielsen says. “The outrage … was palpable.” Molly Przeworski of Columbia University, another organizer, says the group “tried to contact population geneticists whose work had been cited by Wade.” They had no trouble getting signatures, racking up 100 within the first week, she says.

The letter organizers and the editors of the Book Review kept the letter under embargo until its publication today and declined to make it available to Wade for an immediate response. But in previous ripostes to the book’s critics, most notably in a 19 June Huffington Post article titled “Five Critics Say You Shouldn’t Read This ‘Dangerous’ Book,” Wade charged that his critics were “indoctrinated in the social-science creed that prohibits any role for evolution in human affairs” and contended that the book’s central argument “has not been challenged by any serious scientist.”

Letter organizers say they hope to demonstrate that the opposite is true. For example, Sarah Tishkoff of the University of Pennsylvania says she signed the letter because “[m]y own research was used as scientific proof of concepts such as there being between three and five races.” Tishkoff says that her work on the genetics of diverse African populations does not support this claim. Adds David Reich of Harvard University: “Our findings do not even provide a hint of support in favor of Wade’s guesswork.”

*Update, 9 August, 6:05 a.m.:  Nicholas Wade has issued a statement in response to the letter. He writes:

This letter is driven by politics, not science. I am confident that most of the signatories have not read my book and are responding to a slanted summary devised by the organizers.

As no reader of the letter could possibly guess, “A Troublesome Inheritance” argues that opposition to racism should be based on principle, not on the anti-evolutionary myth that there is no biological basis to race.

Unfortunately many social scientists have long denied that there is a biological basis to race. This creed, prominent throughout the academic world, increasingly impedes research.  Biologists risk damaging their careers if they write explicitly about race. Needless to say, this makes it hard to explore the different evolutionary paths that human populations have taken through history since the dispersal from the African homeland 50,000 years ago.

“A Troublesome Inheritance” seeks to explain how race can be understood without racism. … I hope that readers will see through the lack of specifics in their charges and judge my book for themselves.

Perhaps I could point out an error in one of the few specific statements in their letter. They charge me with saying that “recent natural selection has led to worldwide differences in I.Q. test results.”   I say no such thing. What I do say (p. 193) is that “It may be hazardous to compare the IQ scores of different races if allowance is not made for differences in wealth, nutrition and other factors that influence IQ.”  …

I would urge all the geneticists who signed the letter, several of whom I count as friends, to now read my book and judge to what extent, if any, their condemnation was justified.

Meanwhile, Peter Doocy sitting there at the press briefing today asking Jen Psaki questions about outdoor COVID transmission and cites a recent NYT article. Bold as brass to mention others's work Peter because you're too lazy to go read and review scientific papers yourself. Too bad Fox gutted their original news room or you could ask one of them to help you out.

I can sympathize with reporters sharing work/source material but in addition to Fox just bullshitting and outright lying, nothing betrays Fox's tabloidy entertainment backbone as much as this does. "Here, I'mma gonna reach into your article and swipe one or two phrases so I can turn around and ask a gotcha question and write an article for that. Then Tucker will continue with his Fauci bashing based on whatever misleading piece Doocy writes.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/6/2021 at 10:32 AM, Born to Run said:
On 5/6/2021 at 5:29 AM, hpslugga said:

Arkansas is giving a discount to Texas students and almost a quarter of their new students were from here in 2015. There are a shit ton of Texas frat boys there now.

22 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I just don't understand the psychology of intentionally remaining a dorky chode. He is intelligent enough to choose something different, but no, day after day we get the same dorky choditude.

I mean, WTF, dude?

Bugs Bunny Money GIF by Looney Tunes

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I just don't understand the psychology of intentionally remaining a dorky chode. He is intelligent enough to choose something different, but no, day after day we get the same dorky choditude.

I mean, WTF, dude?

I think some of my neighbors from Canton can answer that question.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Lobo

When you spend all your time trying to figure out who is 17 and who is 18.......the rest of us just kinda  all look alike.  

On 5/6/2021 at 8:20 AM, WhatTheBuck said:

Can’t do this anymore either and he’s not happy about it. ‘Ooh, we’re too politically correct!’

The+lynching+of+Thomas+Shipp+and+Abram+S

These were sheriffs, pastors and parishioners, deputies, city council members and what they considered god fearing, law abiding citizens.  They allowed their towns to do this, be photographed, memorialized in this way for generations on the walls of the National Museum of African American History and history books. Think about this and how it applies to today's twisted Republican logic.  It was always fanatic terrorism.   This is what posters on the board troll for or defend for financial purposes, these are who are still disenfranchising and intimidating minorities from voting. These are the people that want to be guardians at the polls and spout nationalism and MAGA.  These are them, their supporters.   White robes for red hats.  Tucker Carlson would just as soon stand in this picture and turn to the camera and smile if there was a dollar in it for him.  

image.thumb.png.6df6dbe4bc29d83ebf7d7ceee1f93457.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

14 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

These were sheriffs, pastors and parishioners, deputies, city council members and what they considered god fearing, law abiding citizens.  They allowed their towns to do this, be photographed, memorialized in this way for generations on the walls of the National Museum of African American History and history books. Think about this and how it applies to today's twisted Republican logic.  It was always fanatic terrorism.   This is what posters on the board troll for or defend for financial purposes, these are who are still disenfranchising and intimidating minorities from voting. These are the people that want to be guardians at the polls and spout nationalism and MAGA.  These are them, their supporters.   White robes for red hats.  Tucker Carlson would just as soon stand in this picture and turn to the camera and smile if there was a dollar in it for him.  

image.thumb.png.6df6dbe4bc29d83ebf7d7ceee1f93457.png

They fucking made postcards with that photo on it. (And did so routinely with other lynchings.) My sister met her husband when they were in school at Marion College (now Indiana Wesleyan and apparently moving aggressively into the for-profit online educational world). I have no doubt that, if my brother-in-law had been a student in Marion, IN at the time, he would’ve been in that picture and would’ve sent a postcard back to his family in Minnesota. 

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

They fucking made postcards with that photo on it. (And did so routinely with other lynchings.) My sister met her husband when they were in school at Marion College (now Indiana Wesleyan and apparently moving aggressively into the for-profit online educational world). I have no doubt that, if my brother-in-law had been a student in Marion, IN at the time, he would’ve been in that picture and would’ve sent a postcard back to his family in Minnesota. 

My sweet mom denied it happened--despite existing footage or full on confessions as in the case of Emmett Till.  We talk about holocaust deniers and compare bad people to Nazis but we don't have to--those types have always existed here in the USA, well before Nazis.  And we continuously bend over backwards to appeal to these fanatics.  Hey, how about a bipartisan commission into your crimes on January 6th?  

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

My sweet mom denied it happened--despite existing footage or full on confessions as in the case of Emmett Till.  We talk about holocaust deniers and compare bad people to Nazis but we don't have to--those types have always existed here in the USA, well before Nazis.  And we continuously bend over backwards to appeal to these fanatics.  Hey, how about a bipartisan commission into your crimes on January 6th?  

It’s maddening. My mom keeps herself pretty well divorced from reality as well. 

17 minutes ago, Underdog said:

I'll chip in for their legal fees. 

I'll rep them pro bono. I'm not a criminal defense attorney, but I'm confident a defense consisting of hours of Tucker tape will result in an acquittal, so long as I don't get an entire jury of trumptards. 

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Bill Hicks accused him of hanging like a bat to get the shot.

With the help of pigeons (coup, coup.) Just watched his last show in Austin. I was at the early show that day. He talks a bit about being on the ledge.

Edited by Willfully Horn
Link
  • Hook 'Em 5

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

My sister met her husband when they were in school at Marion College (now Indiana Wesleyan and apparently moving aggressively into the for-profit online educational world). I have no doubt that, if my brother-in-law had been a student in Marion, IN at the time, he would’ve been in that picture and would’ve sent a postcard back to his family in Minnesota. 

There were 6 Evangelical colleges/universities within a short drive of that incident, and three more nearby if you cross state lines. When I attended one of those in the 80's/90's, there were still "sundown" towns in this part of central Indiana.

You can wonder how powerful their Gospel was, or how dedicated their faculty, staff, and students were to preaching the good news and living a life that modeled Jesus if such a thing might happen nearby. Maybe they were too heavenly minded they were no earthly good.

I, on the other hand, believe wholeheartedly that these violent acts of racism and the sectarian, seperatist educational institutions are but strange fruit growing from the same soil.

• Like 3