Tucker Carlson Tonight

atomheartbevo

I voted for Clinton, but I distinctly remember Dole being on a late night show after the election (maybe Letterman?) and he was much more engaging than he ever came across during the campaign.  He might have had a chance had he just revealed his true character.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, safe sex said:

Lmao the first election I really can vividly remember was 96 and Dole losing to Clinton. My parents are Republicans, so obviously I was a Republican back then and (this is maybe the straightest thing I've ever done) I was so upset about Dole losing that I wrote him a little at school telling him not to be sad and to try again next time.

Nah bro.

Writing a letter to console a man when he’s sad is totes gay.

Edited by Dnaguy
  • Haha 1

There is nothing wrong with having voted for Dole in 1996.  He was a true American patriot and genuine leader.  He just fumbled a bit, plus the last 18 months of Clinton's first term were a good time for the country so Bob was just thrust into the role against all odds.  Some people I take real fucking serious tell me Dole was one the best, if not the best, person they ever worked with/for.  That was the first presidential election I was eligible to vote in and as much as I admired Bob Dole, I went for Harry Browne as a 20yo trying to be edgy.  In hindsight, Clinton and Dole were standup guys and that was a ballot to be proud of as a country. 

Say what you want about Reagan or H.W. Bush or Dole or Romney.  Those folks love this country.  They would bleed for it if required.  To people like Tucker and Trump, it's just a storefront.  Just a place in which to make easy money.  That's all it is to them.  You could drop them in any country at any time in history and they'd find a way to fleece the stupids.  The cliche line in "Usual Suspects" about  the Devil convincing the world he doesn't exist was not his greatest trick.  His greatest trick is like what Henry Hill says in "Goodfellas", your biggest threat comes to you in your time of need, he comes as your friend, as your validation.  That's why people like Tucker succeed and influence.  They have always been here because they know what we all try to hide and bury in our souls---that we vulnerable and unsure of why we're actually here.  And they provide validation and comfort.  The Devil never said he didn't exist, he was actually quite honest about his intentions.  "Come with me and forget about your lack of confidence or moral compass and the world shall be yours."  He was pleased to meet you.  and his name?  You guessed it.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

I voted for Clinton, but I distinctly remember Dole being on a late night show after the election (maybe Letterman?) and he was much more engaging than he ever came across during the campaign.  He might have had a chance had he just revealed his true character.

I used to think the same thing but he's on record supporting Donald Trump.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/22/politics/bob-dole-donald-trump/index.html

“He lost the election, and I regret that he did, but they did,” Dole told USA Today’s Susan Page. 

Well, he was fucking 95 years old.  Cut him some slack.  When my grandfather died at 95, he said he wished Guiliani was President.  Thankfully he passed before Rudy turned out to be a completely unhinged fucking lunatic and my Grandaddy died a happy man.  

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

There is nothing wrong with having voted for Dole in 1996.  He was a true American patriot and genuine leader.  He just fumbled a bit, plus the last 18 months of Clinton's first term were a good time for the country so Bob was just thrust into the role against all odds.  Some people I take real fucking serious tell me Dole was one the best, if not the best, person they ever worked with/for.  That was the first presidential election I was eligible to vote in and as much as I admired Bob Dole, I went for Harry Browne as a 20yo trying to be edgy.  In hindsight, Clinton and Dole were standup guys and that was a ballot to be proud of as a country. 

Say what you want about Reagan or H.W. Bush or Dole or Romney.  Those folks love this country.  They would bleed for it if required.  To people like Tucker and Trump, it's just a storefront.  Just a place in which to make easy money.  That's all it is to them.  You could drop them in any country at any time in history and they'd find a way to fleece the stupids.  The cliche line in "Usual Suspects" about  the Devil convincing the world he doesn't exist was not his greatest trick.  His greatest trick is like what Henry Hill says in "Goodfellas", your biggest threat comes to you in your time of need, he comes as your friend, as your validation.  That's why people like Tucker succeed and influence.  They have always been here because they know what we all try to hide and bury in our souls---that we vulnerable and unsure of why we're actually here.  And they provide validation and comfort.  The Devil never said he didn't exist, he was actually quite honest about his intentions.  "Come with me and forget about your lack of confidence or moral compass and the world shall be yours."  He was pleased to meet you.  and his name?  You guessed it.

Beelzebub Francis stallone?

• Hook 'Em 1

We get a twofer here; Carlson and Douglas Macgregor.  If you don't already hate that dipshit already, I'll tell you he bags on the kickass American M1 Abrams tank.  Says it gets so hot you can see it from space.  

Also:

40-50k Russians have been killed with another 40-50k wounded

4-500k Ukrainians killed.

Our military is as weak as it was in 1979.  We done went woke or something.

ETA

Back to his hatred of the Abrams.  That "shitbox" carried his sorry ass to victory at 73 Easting.  He's a Russian stooge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_Macgregor

• Haha 1

On 2/16/2024 at 2:34 AM, Fastbreak said:

I was just in Vietnam and bought a bowl of Pho, with fresh spring rolls and 2 beers for around $6 US.  In Singapore, that same meal would be around $60.  So Vietnam is a much better place to live than Singapore, right?

Vietnam, clearly. You didn't even tell us bout the ladyboys

On 2/25/2024 at 6:24 PM, Parliament said:

We get a twofer here; Carlson and Douglas Macgregor.  If you don't already hate that dipshit already, I'll tell you he bags on the kickass American M1 Abrams tank.  Says it gets so hot you can see it from space.  

Also:

40-50k Russians have been killed with another 40-50k wounded

4-500k Ukrainians killed.

Our military is as weak as it was in 1979.  We done went woke or something.

ETA

Back to his hatred of the Abrams.  That "shitbox" carried his sorry ass to victory at 73 Easting.  He's a Russian stooge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_Macgregor

Douglas MacGregor has a pretty well-worn shtick for conservative security commentator guys— “too tough and blunt for Big Army.”  He tapped out at colonel despite being objectively a very good warfighter.  The decision to pass him over has been proven correct almost every time he opens his mouth because he’s a giant gaping asshole and bigot who should not have gotten a command. 

The father he gets from his army career the worse and less relevant he gets. And he is a Russian stooge at this point.

• Hook 'Em 3

• 2 weeks later...

Tucker Carlson is so high on his own supply.

I know it’s not a surprise, but he absolutely thinks he’s smarter than EVERYONE in the world and completely vacillates on almost everything.

Beauty, cleanliness, and safety are the most important things for a country?! 
Crime is optional?

Anytime he’s pushed he backpedals.

The only thing he didn’t do is show us the stigmata and the cross ge bears everyday.

This morning's NPR was interviewing some Trumpy voters on their thoughts on VP nominee.  One of them suggested Tucker Carlson, because "it'd be funny to see everyone's heads explode."

These are not serious people.  Yet.....they may yet control this country.  We are not a good country, we are not a good people.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

This morning's NPR was interviewing some Trumpy voters on their thoughts on VP nominee.  One of them suggested Tucker Carlson, because "it'd be funny to see everyone's heads explode."

These are not serious people.  Yet.....they may yet control this country.  We are not a good country, we are not a good people.

The only silver lining I've been able to convince myself of regarding the threats of climate change and nuclear holocaust is the fact that these fucks are going to be vaporized. How the same species that put a man on the moon is capable of such blatant ignorance and dumbfuckery blows my mind. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, LateAughtsHorn said:

The only silver lining I've been able to convince myself of regarding the threats of climate change and nuclear holocaust is the fact that these fucks are going to be vaporized. How the same species that put a man on the moon is capable of such blatant ignorance and dumbfuckery blows my mind. 

MAGA
college gameday sport GIF

• Haha 3

You don't really see that on the other side. No one wants Biden to select Keith Olberman or Alec Baldwin as his VP, to "own the pubs" or whatever.
A lot of people would love Jon Stewart to run. Just sayin.
  • Drool 2

1 hour ago, tchookem said:
6 hours ago, Red Five said:
You don't really see that on the other side. No one wants Biden to select Keith Olberman or Alec Baldwin as his VP, to "own the pubs" or whatever.

A lot of people would love Jon Stewart to run. Just sayin.

Jon Stewart and Tucker Carlson has virtually nothing in common. Keith Olbermann is a more apt comparison. Just full blown propagandists.

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Jon Stewart and Tucker Carlson has virtually nothing in common. Keith Olbermann is a more apt comparison. Just full blown propagandists.

“Owning the pubs” in the VP selection  is fine, as long as you win. The answer is Taylor Swift. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

I know it’s not a surprise, but he absolutely thinks he’s smarter than EVERYONE in the world and completely vacillates on almost everything.

Crime is optional?

The only thing he didn’t do is show us the stigmata and the cross ge bears everyday.

Lex is a fucking dog shit interviewer on any topic that's not engineering related. What a pussy. I don't get why anyone likes his podcast. He's the most boring kind of nerd there is.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 3/7/2024 at 2:13 PM, Dnaguy said:

Crime is optional?

The only place I've ever seem Tucker come off as genuine and likeable.

On 3/7/2024 at 11:17 PM, Brian Fantana said:

Lex is a fucking dog shit interviewer on any topic that's not engineering related. What a pussy. I don't get why anyone likes his podcast. He's the most boring kind of nerd there is.

He also does alright with Geo Politics. If he's interviewing pop culture contemporaries, I'll pass. Low energy, but sometimes meaningful questions.

Not claiming this was a great interview, but a very knowledgeable guest on Ukraine.