Keef Is 75 Today

Wally Pryor

and will outlive all of us fuckers.   

• “I don’t think John (Lennon) ever left my house except horizontally.”
  • “You realize, some guys you can spend a day with them and basically you’ve learned all you’re ever going to know about them. Like Mick Jagger in exact reverse.”
  • “There’s somebody in a suburb in Melbourne who doesn’t even know I wiped his -ss.”
  • “Mick’s album was called ‘She’s the Boss,’ which said it all. I’ve never listened to the entire thing all the way through. Who has? It’s like ‘Mein Kampf.’ Everybody had a copy, but nobody listened to it.”
  • “By law you have to be conscious to be arrested.”
  • “I can improvise when I’m unconscious.”
  • “And then Eric [Clapton] left the Yardbirds and went away on a sabbatical for six months and came back as God, which he’s still trying to live down.”
  • “I think I’ll stand on my head, try and recycle the drugs.”
  • “But I also have an incredible immune system. I cured myself of hepatitis C without even bothering to do anything about it.”
  • “[NME’s rock star ‘death list’] was the only chart on which I was number one for ten years in a row… I was really disappointed when I went down the charts. Finally dropping down to number nine. Oh my G-d, it’s over.”

https://thefederalist.com/2018/12/18/celebrate-keith-richardss-75th-birthday-stories-memoir/

KeithRichardsPA010211-620x480.jpg

• Like 5

I love his story about having Mick over and playing "Talk is Cheap" for him, before it released. Mick is sitting there, not really reacting to it, and Keith feigns going to the bathroom. He peeks around the corner, and Mick is dancing away, so Keith starts walking heavily back into the room, and when he enters, Mick is back sitting motionless.

• 11 months later...
On 12/19/2019 at 9:41 PM, GhostOfTomJoad said:

I listened to Sticky Fingers on repeat all day while driving around doing shit. Keef...you punched a hole in the universe, babe. Keep on.

I always felt the guitar work on this album was the perfect Rolling Stones sound. Keith was in his prime, and Taylor was an absolutely gifted soloist. And the intro to “can’t you hear me knocking” is fucking timeless. 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...