3 hours ago, bluto said:

Rotten tomatoes has a few listed I've never heard of in their top 25... top 5

1 bull durham

2 moneyball

3 life/times hank Greenberg 

4 bad news bears

5 pride of yankees

ones I've never heard of- sugar, fear strikes out, off the black, game 6

Been meaning to watch Sugar, about a Minor Leaguer IIRC. 

FSO is about Jimmy Piersall, i believe. 

The others I’ve not heard about. 

Good call on Everybody Wants Some, watched it earlier this year for the first time. 

5 hours ago, Bender Bending Rodriguez said:

The actual baseball ability by the actors is legit. Really good movie that pulls off a ludicrous premise with some good storylines and acting. 

Yep.  Cameos by Griffey and Randy Johnson.  Didn't like how they made Griffey act like an asshole, but I guess he was technically the "villain".

Only baseball flick in my top 200 is probably Eight Men Out.

It's almost like the baseball love that people have makes their movies too precious and treacle-y.

fc70a1a0eb.jpg

Enjoyed parts of League of Their Own and the Natural with the family, but other than that.

Moneyball was really good, because money ball made baseball a science and business and didn't preach about how fucking beautiful it is.

(I've got no stereo-vision and thus little depth perception -- so I was terrible at baseball as a kid.  So there is some bias there.)

Other than a few funny scenes ("That's not a gun, that's your finger in your jacket"), Field of Dreams is the worst example of this.  Horrific stuff.

15 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Really liked the book, have only watch bits and pieces of the movie.  Does KP drop a “don’t ever stop fucking me!” In it? 

That's Jerry McGuire.

For The Love Of The Game is one of those movies that is honestly cheesy as shit, but for some reason I fell for it. 

On 12/19/2018 at 2:56 AM, BoomMF said:

Was that because The Natural and Field of Dreams go without saying?

61* is underrated af.

61* is awesome and I hadn’t seen it until this year. I guess it flew under the radar being an HBO original movie?