Aladdin with Will Smith as The Genie

crash_davis

this is going to be star wars the last jedi shittastic bad.  disney gonna disney.  disney is going to dig up robin william's grave and skull fuck him dead again.

“I think it’ll stand out as unique even in the Disney world,” Smith says. “There hasn’t been a lot of that hip-hop flavor in Disney history.”

https://people.com/movies/aladdin-first-look-will-smith-robin-williams-genie/

imgur>
Edited by crash_davis
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

These Disney live action remakes were pretty meh to begin with, but things are getting way out of hand now.  Although if they cast Kevin Sorbo in a live action Hercules that might partially redeem them.

I haven't seen all of any of them, but watched about twenty minutes of Beauty and the Beast on Netflix. It was like a bad high school production of the original. It was intended to be a star vehicle for Emma Watson, but she can't sing, and at 27, was about ten years older than Belle was supposed to be. The CGI animated characters were horribly designed. I couldn't get over how bad the music came across. It was like listening to Pat Boone do a cover of a Johnny Cash song. 

Still, it made 1.2 billion worldwide. 

This looks like another cash grab from Disney. It will be a Will Smith star vehicle, so, for those of you who see it, expect "Fresh Prince of Agraba." I'm out. 

Still don't get why people are using TLJ as a barometer of how bad a movie is.  Even if you didn't like it, hated the direction, it's not a horrible movie, but let's not derail a thread again...

I'm scared of how bad this could be with Will Smith as the Genie...and they fucked up Jasmin's costume, obviously because the feminazis would hate it.  This looks like it'll be absolutely horrible based on some of the choices.

3 hours ago, Drew said:

Still don't get why people are using TLJ as a barometer of how bad a movie is.  Even if you didn't like it, hated the direction, it's not a horrible movie, but let's not derail a thread again...

I'm scared of how bad this could be with Will Smith as the Genie...and they fucked up Jasmin's costume, obviously because the feminazis would hate it.  This looks like it'll be absolutely horrible based on some of the choices.

It sucked ass and is a great barometer of sucktitude.

34 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I am not sure whether I’m more aghast at (1) Hollywood thinking  authentic urban flava and hip hop culture should be injected into an ancient genie who has been isolated from civilization for centuries while stuck in a lamp in the Arabian peninsula, or (2) Hollywood thinking authentic urban flava and hip hop culture should be portrayed by Will Smith.

hard to blame the jihadis after this one. 

Will Smith has some very, VERY big shoes to fill... Hard to see him pulling this sort of thing off. Having said that, Guy Ritchie is a tremendous director and with a good script it could turn out very well regardless.

Guy Ritchie USED to be a tremendous director. That waved bye bye long ago.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

The entire movie will hinge on Will Smith's performance.

Will Smith's performance will be judged entirely in comparison to Robin Williams.

I can't believe he took the part.  Seriously.  And I am not a Will Smith hater.  I think the dude is damn talented.  But to say these shoes to fill are big is an understatement.

It looks like they just superimposed Will Smith's face on the blue genie head, rather than use any motion capture animation or anything to make it at all convincing (a la Avatar, Gollum, etc.).

Also, not buying Jafar from that.  He needs a deeper voice.

Edited by LonghornSean

2 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

The entire movie will hinge on Will Smith's performance.

Will Smith's performance will be judged entirely in comparison to Robin Williams.

I can't believe he took the part.  Seriously.  And I am not a Will Smith hater.  I think the dude is damn talented.  But to say these shoes to fill are big is an understatement.

I watch a fuckton of kids movies on account of having small children. I think Robin Williams should have won an Oscar for Aladdin and I'm 100% not joking. He makes the whole movie.

CGI looks real bad in that trailer. And Jafar kinda seemed like a pussy. Can't believe Disney is going to fuck this up, usually they have their shit together on stuff like this.

Edited by tokamak

4 hours ago, Incredulity said:

I am burning this motherfucker to the ground if they keep Jasmine covered up like in the trailer for the whole movie.

UNACCEPTABLE.

Well get the gasoline ready.  They've already said they weren't going with the same type of clothing she had in the Animated movie...said it wasn't really proper.  And that girl is smoke, wished they show more.

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Disney looks like they hit homeruns with remakes of Dumbo and Lion King so I guess we should have expected them to fuck up one of them and this is the clear winner. Will Smith? fucking lol. They tried wayyyyyy to hard. 

Honestly all of their Remakes have ranged from Good to Really Good.  I doubt this is any different.  The Only issue is the way Smith looks as the Genie...I hope they're not done with him.