ztejas and earl of texas tell everyone about recruting

ztejas

8 minutes ago, JBJ said:

4) The Bru.  Only this low because it's more of a want than a need.  The position/class isn't dying without him, but it turns up to 11 with him.

Don't want to sound like a broken record but I'm super curious about this kid. Within all reason he should be a lock for USC. But there are so many strange happenings around his decision that it makes me really wonder. 

To me, it seems like a classic situation of a kid being told one thing his entire life, wanting something different, but feeling pressured to make good on his upbringing. 

The fact that USC has yet to secure a Mater Dei prospect is super interesting. Was just talking to an SC buddy of mine about it and he thinks it's strange as well. Seems like a bridge was burnt somewhere for SC to not be cleaning these MD kids up like they should be. 

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

My thought is that Jake Smith is NOT going to redshirt next year, but Derrian Brown might. 

So if Jake is already playing, they slap together a few plays where he lines up as an RB. Maybe a couple with an H-Back/FB lined up back there to block for him and a few where he goes in motion. Throw in another Jet Sweep every other game and he could get a few carries here and there. That's probably contingent on signing a JuCo/Grad Transfer RB or Young getting his act together. Otherwise the luxury of Derrian redshirting just isn't there.

Derrian won't redshirt unless we pick up a JUCO/Grad transfer back, seeing as we are paper thin at RB without one. 

Smith isn't McCaffery but I think he's probably competent enough to line up in the shotgun for the occasional HB draw or PA where he's an eligible option running a route out of the backfield. 

5 minutes ago, Keef said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if Jake is used like Dontre Wilson was his freshman year at Ohio State. 

Who are you addressing? The people here that watched tOSU play in 2013 enough to know who the fuck Dontre Wilson is or the impact he made that season? A guy that barely cracked 1,000 all purpose in his time there? Jesus fuck. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Please don’t quote that voluminous imbecile. Many of us are perfectly content to see that he’s posted his usual 15 times per page while getting to not read a single one of his inconsequential thoughts. 

You are so full of shit. Here's a tip: take me off ignore and read my posts and I bet you find yourself agreeing with most of the things I have to say. 

BTW "many of us" meaning you and your cabal of dicksuckers. No one else here seems to have much of a problem with me. 

Edited by ztejas

Just now, closetojumping said:

It saddened me as well. Sanders showed every sign and sent every signal that he wasn’t just going to sign with whoever sold him on their school. He was going to sign with whoever bought him to their school. Until like a week ago, he’d only applied to Bama. 

Thibodeaux was straight being paid to make visits and didn’t speak to anyone who didn’t put money up first. You’d like to see all of the dirty recruitments go like that, because then the naïveté is removed and schools like Texas can either consciously choose to aggressively participate or avoid wasting their time. Bama isn’t going to win over every recruit for sale, but if they’re paying and you’re not, well, um, the guy for sale is never coming to your school. 

So you think we lost Sanders because of a paycheck? We lost Sanders because his most highly recruited OL went to Bama and he followed suit behind him. I pointed it out 3 pages ago. Everyone recruiting this kid was handing out benefits. 

If you think UT isn't giving players under the table benefits you seem pretty ignorant. The amount of Texas players I see with $10k worth of ink or chains or both on IG should tell you as much.

This falls in line with your post the other day of how OU has never won a "clean championship" - i.e. acting like UT has never had NCAA violations. Every program worth a shit breaks the rules. 

Your stance that Texas is somehow a clean program existing in an environment of smut is the definition of "naïveté". Get off of your high horse.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 23

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

So you think we lost Sanders because of a paycheck? We lost Sanders because his most highly recruited OL went to Bama and he followed suit behind him. I pointed it out 3 pages ago. Everyone recruiting this kid was handing out benefits. 

If you think UT isn't giving players under the table benefits you seem pretty ignorant. The amount of Texas players I see with $10k worth of ink or chains or both on IG should tell you as much.

This falls in line with your post the other day of how OU has never won a "clean championship" - i.e. acting like UT has never had NCAA violations. Every program worth a shit breaks the rules. 

Your stance that Texas is somehow a clean program existing in an environment of smut is the definition of "naïveté". Get off of your high horse.

Voluminous imbecile.

Edited by HenryJames
  • Like 4

This is why he has you on ignore. You have no idea what you’re talking about.
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Nothing is worse than the one week a year you troglodyte fucks show up on the recruiting board and try to tell us, who have been following these recruitment's for months and sometimes years what is actually going on.

• Like 9

You don’t have a clue what’s going on in the shady world of recruiting. If you did, you would not have posted this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

Post less.
  • Like 4

The point is not to play, or have to play, true freshman. We don’t have the full luxury of that right now because Strong couldn’t manage a roster.

I like Brown, but I hope he doesn’t see a touch next year. Grad transfer is a must. We’ll have options. Browns going to be good for us, but once he’s been in our S&C program for a bit, which has clearly taken a step up. 

Edited by The Earl of Texas

10 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Also, I’m not saying payments don’t go down, but it doesn’t happen at the rate some of y’all claim... trying to reason why someone didn’t go here but chose Bama, and you come up with a bribe as an option? Use your heads

Where do I send my $9.95?

12 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Also, I’m not saying payments don’t go down, but it doesn’t happen at the rate some of y’all claim... trying to reason why someone didn’t go here but chose Bama, and you come up with a bribe as an option? Use your heads

I’ve been stating, on this thread, for months, that Sanders is going to Bama. When I don’t know something, I say so. When I know something, and offer it up here, guys like you and ztejas should shut the fuck up, lest you show the rest of this board your continued ignorance. 

I said nothing of a bribe. You framing it that way shows us exactly how little you understand of any of this. Outside of the occasional Thibodeaux-type deals, this isn’t the fucking 80’s at SMU and the rest of us know that. The Sanders family will make 6 figures a year over this signing without a single “bribe” ever taking place. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I’ve been stating, on this thread, for months, that Sanders is going to Bama. When I don’t know something, I say so. When I know something, and offer it up here, guys like you and ztejas should shut the fuck up, lest you show the rest of this board your continued ignorance. 

I said nothing of a bribe. You framing it that way shows us exactly how little you understand of any of this. Outside of the occasional Thibodeaux-type deals, this isn’t the fucking 80’s at SMU and the rest of us know that. The Sanders family will make 6 figures a year over this signing without a single “bribe” ever taking place. 

I wasn’t talking to you or about you. I’m just saying there’s no cabal needed to explain why a great player chooses Bama.

But your extremely angry self-important response is the most ctj post imaginable. Being gay seems like a tough deal.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Considering the lack of violations in recent years from Bama and Georgia and the like, it seems like UT is getting beat at the game. Not that UT isn't handing out under the table benefits, because they almost assuredly are. 

You can frame it any way you want. I get it. This is a majority Horns board with a majority of Horns grads that don't want to believe they are playing the same dirty game that everyone else is. UT is not a clean program under the current rules, just like Bama isn't a clean program. Frame it any way you want. The defensiveness and insecurity displayed here is so typical Texas grad it's hilarious. 

Texas is not the moral paragon of college football, nor have they ever been. As far as I'm concerned, you get away with what you can and you win as many games as you can. Fuck the NCAA.

Acting like UT is on some moral high ground over every other program contending for titles is laughable and part of the reason that Texas has been in a wasteland for close to a decade.

Disagree with me if you want. That's fine. But either play the game that everyone else is or fuck off - because if you don't you're going to get buried. 

• Fuck You 5

12 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

I wasn’t talking to you or about you. I’m just saying there’s no cabal needed to explain why a great player chooses Bama.

But your extremely angry self-important response is the most ctj post imaginable. Being gay seems like a tough deal.

Right. You drive by regularly but this time it was at someone else. Congrats on your friendship with the village idiot of this board. If I remember correctly, you and cdt23 were posting twins on Shaggy as well. Also, making jokes about sexual orientation is very current and super hilarious. 

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Considering the lack of violations in recent years from Bama and Georgia and the like, it seems like UT is getting beat at the game. Not that UT isn't handing out under the table benefits, because they almost assuredly are. 

You can frame it any way you want. I get it. This is a majority Horns board with a majority of Horns grads that don't want to believe they are playing the same dirty game that everyone else is. UT is not a clean program under the current rules, just like Bama isn't a clean program. Frame it any way you want. The defensiveness and insecurity displayed here is so typical Texas grad it's hilarious. 

Texas is not the moral paragon of college football, nor have they ever been. As far as I'm concerned, you get away with what you can and you win as many games as you can. Fuck the NCAA.

Acting like UT is on some moral high ground over every other program contending for titles is laughable and part of the reason that Texas has been in a wasteland for close to a decade.

Disagree with me if you want. That's fine. But either play the game that everyone else is or fuck off - because if you don't you're going to get buried. 

What some people from schools whose overall operations do not dwarf even the biggest of football programs the way UT's do, it can be confusing. No one is saying that TEXAS players do not get $100 handshakes after games from grateful alumni or jobs that involve drinking a cold one under the tree they are "trimming." This is not remotely comparable to the dirt that got the Pony Express killed or that buys big name players routinely in the Southeast. Fenves supports university programs, including athletics, but he is not Bill Clements or Ken Starr. Not being from TEXAS, you may not remember the policy MB started requiring players to register every car they might be seen driving and where it came from. Your "everyone is dirty" moral relativism is not a sell here. Not every school plays the game on an institutional level the same way. Some presidents don't want to hear that their HFBC has been caught cheating, and some don't want it to happen. Neither always gets his wish, but there is most assuredly a difference.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Right. You drive by regularly but this time it was at someone else. Congrats on your friendship with the village idiot of this board. If I remember correctly, you and cdt23 were posting twins on Shaggy as well. Also, making jokes about sexual orientation is very current and super hilarious. 

Wrong on me agreeing with ztejas or cdt23, but make sure you tug off your boyfriend with a smile - he hops to and protects you on short notice

18 minutes ago, ztejas said:

What evidence have you seen to lead you to this conclusion?

18 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Dude next time you want to flirt with me just keep it to a DM. We all get you're obsessed with my takes, you're concerned that for once someone has the nuts to call you on your horseshit and you don't know how to handle it.

Further embarrassing that the kid in question is less than half your age. 

It's cool man. You had a good run. We can grab a cup of coffee to talk about how much of a bitter cynic you are. The tides come and go.

• Fuck You 7

It's staggering how monumentally unintelligent ztejas is. Or he might just be a troll, sock, or bot when you consider that pathetically high post count. If he is a real person, I'd wager he's an unemployed nerdy college kid living at home who takes 12 hours a semester, or he's still in high school. Regardless he apparently does nothing but stay on this site all day. Might do him some good to find a different hobby. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

It's staggering how monumentally unintelligent ztejas is. Or he might just be a troll, sock, or bot when you consider that pathetically high post count. If he is a real person, I'd wager he's an unemployed nerdy college kid living at home who takes 12 hours a semester, or he's still in high school. Regardless he apparently does nothing but stay on this site all day. Might do him some good to find a different hobby. 

It'd do the board some good, too. He could spend the time reading the Wikipedia entry for the Dunning-Kruger effect and reflecting instead of shitting all over the Recruiting forum.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Nah I just like outlets where I can express myself. But this board is too entertaining for me to stay away for too long. Especially because somehow y'all have equated being "unintelligent" or "an idiot" with simply disagreeing with someone else's take. 

This is a funny place to say the least. I tried to come here to talk about Horn's football but it has interestingly degenerated into a bunch of UT grads and fanboys sucking each other off with little room for actual, objective discussion. 

• Fuck You 3