North Korea

Hugo Stiglitz

2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

I think they are going to want more than that to give up anything.

I don't think they'll ever give up their nukes. Only one country in history ever has.

Especially if we want the American prisoners back which should've been a pre-condition for meeting with Pompeo. Trump damn well better not meet with Un before they're back home. 

9 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Especially if we want the American prisoners back which should've been a pre-condition for meeting with Pompeo. Trump damn well better not meet with Un before they're back home. 

Damn right.  If he walks away from the Summit without all three prisoners, I’ll consider it a complete failure.

He'll get the prisoners and NK's promise not to test what they've already tested.  At best a promise to denuclearize with no enforcement.  And they'll get some sanctions lifted.    And Trump and his support will declare a historic victory while Kim is back home laughing and clinking champagne glasses. 

Said it before on the old board and I'll say it again -- who gives a fuck about the Norks? I highly doubt they are are gonna first-strike nuke anybody. Just leave that little broke dick country and its freakazoid dictator be. 

I feel bad for the average North Korean citizen, but pretty much everybody wants the status quo to hold. Japan doesn't want a unified, powerful Korea, which it would be a few decades down the road. The Russkies and the Chinese don't want a Western power on their border. The South Koreans don't want to have to spend all the time and money it would take to bring North Korea up to speed, and Lil' Kim just wants to have parades, fuck sex slaves, and kick it with washed up basketball players.

Which sucks for the sex slaves, but not worth starting WWIII over. We have less than zero strategic interest in kicking over that applecart. 

On 4/21/2018 at 3:24 PM, Mojo Hand said:

He'll get the prisoners and NK's promise not to test what they've already tested.  At best a promise to denuclearize with no enforcement.  And they'll get some sanctions lifted.    And Trump and his support will declare a historic victory while Kim is back home laughing and clinking champagne glasses. 

There is no way that they give up both the nukes and the entrenched artillery targeting Seoul. KJU would be dead and toppled in a week. If they keep the nukes, remove the artillery, and implement economic reforms, we should be happy with it. KJU is a shitstain still, but if he can be a reformer, we should work with him. Modernizing and opening NK will take decades. 

26 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

There is no way that they give up both the nukes and the entrenched artillery targeting Seoul. KJU would be dead and toppled in a week. If they keep the nukes, remove the artillery, and implement economic reforms, we should be happy with it. KJU is a shitstain still, but if he can be a reformer, we should work with him. Modernizing and opening NK will take decades. 

Perhaps.  But we should recognize that for what it is — NK winning, and us accepting that and making the best of it.  It wouldn't be Trump's fault, because that's the situation he inherited, but it would be our capitulation. 

44 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

If they keep their nuclear weapons, that's an L.

On 4/21/2018 at 11:14 AM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

And how did they accomplish this?  The shot off ICBMs until we capitulated.  This sends the wrong message to any would be third world nuclear power.

Don't forget that they tortured Otto Warmbier for 17 months before murdering him less than 10 months ago.

I can't wait to see what Venezuela has planned for its upcomming restoration of US ties.

6 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Trump deserves a lot of credit for this. Next up is fixing that joke of a deal with Iran that those limp wristed pussies in the Obama administration agreed to. 

Thanks for updating us with the opinion from crazyville

• 2 years later...
Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yeah, you do sound a lot like a girl so that would be apropos.

Since you are the one starting the slapfight, explain why you believe that in the midst of CV19 & Massive Racial Protests that Trump is completely showing his ass in handling, that he wouldn't benefit from a good old fashioned war between NK/SK?

I guarantee you he is praying for something like this to his backwards bible in order to have anything that he can stand in front of his pulpit on and talk about the "Bigly number of troops" that he is sending to SK to beat NK back, how it will be a "Great" war etc etc etc

13 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Since you are the one starting the slapfight, explain why you believe that in the midst of CV19 & Massive Racial Protests that Trump is completely showing his ass in handling, that he wouldn't benefit from a good old fashioned war between NK/SK?

I guarantee you he is praying for something like this to his backwards bible in order to have anything that he can stand in front of his pulpit on and talk about the "Bigly number of troops" that he is sending to SK to beat NK back, how it will be a "Great" war etc etc etc

Starting a slap fight ?  I responded with a sarcastic response to your JL GIF. You throw out that the president is going to pay NK to start a war ?    You can't guarantee anything because you don't know anything other than some bizarre wag the dog scenario you've concocted in your head.

Edited by Onboard 2.0

24 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

remember when we thought Kim Jong Un was dead, and that was gonna be one of the biggest stories of 2020?  good times.

I wonder what’s really going on with him.  All of a sudden he decides to start letting his little sister start wars??  

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...