Trainer "Get off the 20xx thread" thread

Magus Ossis

I wanted there to be a place about this meta-recruiting topic aside from the discussions of the players themselves. The guys I know more than zero about are:

(1) Willie Lyles-- Sold recruits to Oregon under Chip Kelly, now officially rehabilitated by the NCAA and apparently helping Adidas sell them to SEC schools.

(2) Ro Simon-- I know a lot less about him. Sounds like a middle man in the Lyles mold.

(3) FWK aka Whitfield-- Has legitimate business training NFL RBs but seems to have picked up a sideline steering Houston area kids based on who makes it worth his while. Mainly A&M from what I see. Would love it if anyone has a list of his aggy connections (including both kids and boosters).

The agent law Texas passed applies to agents of athletes that are NCAA-eligible, if I read it correctly. This may carve out a bit of soft spot in which these guys can operate on HS players.

• Like 9

Personally, I don't think FWK is in the same mold as the other two.  He might influence a decision one way or the other, but he's not selling out kids to those willing to pay. 

Just my opinion based solely on the guys public persona.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Personally, I don't think FWK is in the same mold as the other two.  He might influence a decision one way or the other, but he's not selling out kids to those willing to pay. 

Just my opinion based solely on the guys public persona.

I agree. His business is truly training pros, college athletes and mainly "paying" HS kids. He's got enough "pro" business to leave it at that.  He does grab some of these elite youth talent and mentor them if for no other reason then there is a decent chance some might later be a paying "pro" at some point and worse case spread his brand.

I think he enjoys the perks and connections to other college and pro talent that helping some of these HS kids gives him but don't think he doing it for some kind of payoff (other than legit ones and seeing the kids succeed).

• Like 1

What is up with Shepherd then? Hamm gets his info from FWK so when it was told that Shepherd might sign early with A&M, that could have been made up but could also have been from FWK. BTW, FWK hates his name being thrown around like this so threads such as this one help steer guys away from UT.

19 minutes ago, Bevo said:

What is up with Shepherd then? Hamm gets his info from FWK so when it was told that Shepherd might sign early with A&M, that could have been made up but could also have been from FWK. BTW, FWK hates his name being thrown around like this so threads such as this one help steer guys away from UT.

The only “real” info Hamm gets is when his supervised parental visits are. That sorry fuck needs to worry more about pH pool levels rather than his facebook aggy page. 

Edited by ChingoHorns
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Then he's a thin skinned pussy that truly isn't in it for the players.  

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, pacman said:

Chux Nwabuko II, Central Texas/Austin

seems to stay out of the way honestly, focused on training the athletes only

Coach Flight and Margin Hooks seem to train a lot of our Dallas guys and mostly stay out of recruiting, except for giving the occasional ride to a school.

55 minutes ago, Bevo said:

If the official recruiting services or our coaches associate him in that way, ok maybe, but if the guy honestly gives a fuck about what some anonymous message board posters say about him he should probably find a new line of work. 

Edited by Bill Lumbergh
  • Like 2

If so, it only further proves our point. Anyone truly in it for the kids would never let random internet posts influence these kids’ decisions.

Ok I still don’t understand the model. Having a trainer try to steer a player is just another voice in his ear. Why would that make much of a difference? Surely these players know the trainers are getting paid to steer them so I would think they wouldn’t listen much to them...unless they are getting a cut of the proceeds. In basketball the middlemen were arranging the payments between Adidas and the player. Is that happening in football too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 10/9/2018 at 11:58 PM, Hank Scorpio said:

Reminds me of one of my favorite poems: 

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Footwork King. I noticed that at many times along the path of my life, especially at the very lowest and saddest times,
there was only one set of footprints.

This really troubled me, so I asked the Footwork King about it.

"Footwork King, you said once I decided to follow you, You'd improve my 3 cone time and get me an offer from ATM. But I noticed that when my Footwork was the worst, there was only one set of footprints in the sand. I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me."

He whispered, "My precious child, when you saw only one set of footprints, It was then that I drove you to the campus of the college that paid me the most money for a visit. Now tweet that you are reopening your commitment and lets go to Georgia, I don’t have all fucking day” 

Just posting this here for good measure, and because I laugh about it at least once a week.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Ok I still don’t understand the model. Having a trainer try to steer a player is just another voice in his ear. Why would that make much of a difference? Surely these players know the trainers are getting paid to steer them so I would think they wouldn’t listen much to them...unless they are getting a cut of the proceeds. In basketball the middlemen were arranging the payments between Adidas and the player. Is that happening in football too?

Now you are either trolling or home schooled. 

• Haha 1

What about people who are straight hangers on for the program?  Karen mee maw largo whatever.  She somehow "works" for Jimbo's foundation (charitable money involved?) yet gives kids parents rides to ATM games?  After she up and moved across the country to be a fan of ATM.  So was a "fan" of Jimbo and a semi blue blood with FSU, but picks up her life and moves to follow ATM, a perennial do less with more program.  That's not strange. Oh and you work for his charity, ok.  Oh now you are giving recruits families rides to games, have access to the athletic dept, players, coaches.  Hmmm.    

You don't see LSU, Bama, or Ole Miss money men posting on Facebook.  This cunt gets in regular spats with Hamm.  Like a bizarro world.

Edited by fattyflattie

19 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

What about people who are straight hangers on for the program?  Karen mee maw largo whatever.  She somehow "works" for Jimbo's foundation (charitable money involved?) yet gives kids parents rides to ATM games?  After she up and moved across the country to be a fan of ATM.  So was a "fan" of Jimbo and a semi blue blood with FSU, but picks up her life and moves to follow ATM, a perennial do less with more program.  That's not strange. Oh and you work for his charity, ok.  Oh now you are giving recruits families rides to games, have access to the athletic dept, players, coaches.  Hmmm.    

You don't see LSU, Bama, or Ole Miss money men posting on Facebook.  This cunt gets in regular spats with Hamm.  Like a bizarro world.

Honestly she is a perfect fit for aggy. That is one place that rewards blind faith, delusion, and cheating. Meemaw is like the pig souie lady except she decided to get up and get her hands dirty. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Ro Simon is “sponsored” by Addidas. He’s basically on salary to steer kids to Addidas schools. He went from a nobody training housewives to a Fast 7 v 7 coach for Addidas. He was the first person Jimbo visited as HC. 

As for FWK, he’s training these kids for free. The kids from bad areas aren’t paying this guy what he’s charging the rich kids. So if FWK somehow gets a kickback from Jimbo or LSU, why would they care? They probably feel like they owe him for training them for free and being a good guy to them, giving them rides, etc. Now FWK is hooked in with Texags, which is a front for the Aggy athletic departments. 

Edited by Neonmoon

15 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Neither. Just asking whether the model is the same as b-ball. Someone must know in here.

There is no 1 model and no universal price.

Depends on the kid, his "family", who financed the trainers building, who sponsors the trainer/7v7, are the prospects parents willing to take on a new job, friendly churches and/or non-profits, players sec market value....etc. Everything is customizable if the player is considered a must have.

11 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Ro Simon is “sponsored” by Addidas. He’s basically on salary to steer kids to Addidas schools. He went from a nobody training housewives to a Fast 7 v 7 coach for Addidas. He was the first person Jimbo visited as HC. 

As for FWK, he’s training these kids for free. The kids from bad areas aren’t paying this guy what he’s charging the rich kids. So if FWK somehow gets a kickback from Jimbo or LSU, why would they care? They probably feel like they owe him for training them for free and being a good guy to them, giving them rides, etc. Now FWK is hooked in with Texags, which is a front for the Aggy athletic departments. 

Fwk trains ELITE kids for free.  I doubt my athletically challenged kid would get a ride anywhere with him. 

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Neither. Just asking whether the model is the same as b-ball. Someone must know in here.

No.  The Lyles/UO model is (or was) that UO pays Lyles for feedback and to coordinate recruiting messaging with him.  He is getting paid to recruit but not to funnel money to players.

5 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I agree. His business is truly training pros, college athletes and mainly "paying" HS kids. He's got enough "pro" business to leave it at that.  He does grab some of these elite youth talent and mentor them if for no other reason then there is a decent chance some might later be a paying "pro" at some point and worse case spread his brand.

I think he enjoys the perks and connections to other college and pro talent that helping some of these HS kids gives him but don't think he doing it for some kind of payoff (other than legit ones and seeing the kids succeed).

Yeah but taking players on trips has to involve a payout.  That involves a good chunk of time which takes him away from his business.  I'd be more impressed if the kids went on their own.  

3 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

He gets paid by most kids, others he's basically their parent/role model. He does it cause they have talent but no one to get them through the process.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Yeah but taking players on trips has to involve a payout.  That involves a good chunk of time which takes him away from his business.  I'd be more impressed if the kids went on their own.  

He's the recruits "and one" for most visits so travel hotel covered, but he advertising on these as they are typically during weekend when his players are playing or unable to train anyway. He's got trainers working under him for his company.

5 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

He gets paid by most kids, others he's basically their parent/role model. He does it cause they have talent but no one to get them through the process.

Oh, so anyone can help them through the process? Cool. I will just start my own little business called Role Models. To be fair this service will be free to any elite talent. I will give them rides to any school I think they should go too. I will train them in sports, and tutor them if they need help in school, they can hang out at my place if they family troubles, all for free. Because I’m just a good guy. I will just advise them on what schools to choose. 

Sounds good to me

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

He's a thin-skinned pussy. He blocked me on Twitter when I asked what he was really doing , and why most of his "kids" seem to choose the same schools over and over. 

Seems wierd that the NCAA would be good with amateurs with outside trainers. At what point do we consider them pro? Oh yeah, when they take money. Fuck me, what's this all about if not money? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Seems wierd that the NCAA would be good with amateurs with outside trainers. At what point do we consider them pro? Oh yeah, when they take money. Fuck me, what's this all about if not money? 

Exactly. The fact that they're able to post all of this on social media and it doesn't ring some red flags is beyond corruption. 

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Oh, so anyone can help them through the process? Cool. I will just start my own little business called Role Models. To be fair this service will be free to any elite talent. I will give them rides to any school I think they should go too. I will train them in sports, and tutor them if they need help in school, they can hang out at my place if they family troubles, all for free. Because I’m just a good guy. I will just advise them on what schools to choose. 

Sounds good to me

can you steer the elite kids to UT?  and where do I invest?

I find this entire subject about trainers/coaches/uncles extremely fascinating. 

I am usually driving when tom luginbill has his recruiting show on Wednesday's on espnu radio and they never talk about the seedy side of recruiting or bad mental evaluations.  They come across as if it's all equal footing recruiting. I wish someone would call in to the show and take them to task. He knows what's going on but I am sure everything he knows is off the record and won't talk about it but it has to be acknowledged at some point. 

39 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

NCAA cares about anything other than making themselves money?

There is an open investigation on the shoe companies and basketball, big scandal with tons of press. Those same shoe companies are everywhere in 7v7 and with these trainers. Not a peep from the NCAA.

2 minutes ago, pacman said:

NCAA cares about anything other than making themselves money?

There is an open investigation on the shoe companies and basketball, big scandal with tons of press. Those same shoe companies are everywhere in 7v7 and with these trainers. Not a peep from the NCAA.

If anything it's just growing like some kind of sick brood. Cut the head off of one and 8 more grow back in its place. 

2 hours ago, RollLeft said:

After a quick search of instagram and the tweeter, i can't say I see an aTm lean for FWK.  Maybe he does but they aren't apparent.  What are his "deep" aTm ties again?  

Are you soft in the head? Do you think he just going to post pics of the bag men checks on twitter?

1 hour ago, Not a Sock said:

Are you soft in the head? Do you think he just going to post pics of the bag men checks on twitter?

Where is FWK lean to Aggy coming from? Was it when Shepard verballed to Texas? Outside of Demas' surprise and early commitment (why would FWK want him to commit so early if he was in control) where do you see it?

1 hour ago, Not a Sock said:

What are you talking about?  My point is that he is a UH guy who has posted many pics and tweets of students signing with schools from all over, including Texas.  What is the evidence that he is an aggie lean?   Is there a list of how many of his kids have headed that direction?