Trainer "Get off the 20xx thread" thread

Magus Ossis

If ShepherdĀ signsĀ with aggy, Herman will know exactly who has been giving him all those free rides to atm and which trainer has been in his ear. Ā Even though footwork king thinks heā€™s the shit, you probably donā€™t want to piss off the flag ship program in the state that many recruits want to play for. Ā Herman holds a lot of pull with Texas high school coaches. Ā There are certain trainers that Herman refuses to work with and those guys usually are not welcome to campus and we seem to show no interest in the kids they train. Ā I doubt FWK would want to fall in that category. Ā Being on Hermanā€™s good side probably means heā€™ll get more business through referrals from him and high schools coaches. Ā 

Regardless, his involvement with demas and shepherd stinks of dirty dealings. Ā It was obvious when Demas tried to decommit and the atm coaches quickly contacted FWK... and all of the sudden Demas is solid to aggy again.Ā Ā Shep has visited aggy countless times. Ā Instead he decides not to sign on NSD1Ā putting our coaches in an awkward situation as far as being able to take commitments from our back up options. Ā As soon as the dead period ends, he's taking an official visit to aggy. Ā If he skips his official visit to Texas, that should answer your question. Ā Has he even scheduled his Texas official? Ā I could see him visiting aggy and then having his rides (ā€œFWKā€)Ā cancel on him to Texas and then flipping on NSD2. Ā Apparently FWK is making a video for him. Ā Why make a video if youā€™re already committed to a school. Ā 

Shady shady shit. Ā Fuck these ā€œtrainersā€.

Ā 

Edited by victory88

So no one has seen FWK, Hamm and EJ getting into a Twittter slapfight about Malik Hornsby last night

Dumbest fight ever. EJ said Hornsby is a tremendous prospect but that he needs more work and better coaching on mechanics. FWK and Hamm (and all their aggy followers) loss their fucking mind because wasnā€™t effusive enough in his praise for Hornsby (and dared to say Card has better mechanics).

Should be noted that FWK trains Card.

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Ā 

Ā 

Dumbest fight ever. EJ said Hornsby is a tremendous prospect but that he needs more work and better coaching on mechanics. FWK and Hamm (and all their aggy followers) loss their fucking mind because wasnā€™t effusive enough in his praise for Hornsby (and dared to say Card has better mechanics).

Should be noted that FWK trains Card.

Ā 

Ā 

Well I mean EJ is kinda a dumbass when it comes to scouting, so FWK may not be wrong here.

The world of recruiting was so much better when we didnā€™t have these recruiting fanboys covering it and didnā€™t have sleezeball trainers. Ā Being able to voice their idiotic opinions on a platform like twitter has made it worse.

Btw, just because EJ goes and interviews them, doesnā€™t make his opinions valid. Ā The dude has no idea how to scout players. Ā Ask EJ what you look for in footwork and mechanics and he will give you some BS answer.... because he doesnā€™t know.

Ā 

Edited by victory88
  • Like 1

I'm sure all this bullshit has worn thin with players like Wittington, Floyd andĀ  all the other 19 class. They all were zero drama and handled their shit.

Then there is FWK and Shep. Look at us!! Look at us!!! That shit gets old real quick in a football looker room. Especially one that prides itself on family atmosphere.

And if FWK wants to do battle against the University of Texas athletic department and their fan base, that's his choice. I'd warn against it.Ā 

Ā 

Edited by MountainHorn

2 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

If there were a trainer in Alabama, most of whose blue-chip trainees seemed to end up at Auburn, who was known to no-show even after tweeting that he was en route to Bama with recruits, would you at least suspect that he had a connection to Auburn?

The real question is how long would it take Saban to shut the trainer down. Ā My concern is sitting here andĀ watching Demas, Shepard, others funneled to Jimbo while Herman sits and takes it.Ā 

I have to say that my love for the game is starting to drop. Between the trainer bullshit, the illegal payments, the increasing number of player transfers, the outrageous game prices, and sitting out bowl games, itā€™s losing its appeal. Iā€™m not done with it, but itā€™s becoming less important every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

I have to say that my love for the game is starting to drop. Between the trainer bullshit, the illegal payments, the increasing number of player transfers, the outrageous game prices, and sitting out bowl games, itā€™s losing its appeal. Iā€™m not done with it, but itā€™s becoming less important every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Illegal payments" and arguing over who is *actually* cheating have been part of the ridiculous joy of college football since the beginning. Gold Trans Ams and shit.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MountainHorn said:

I'm sure all this bullshit has worn thin with players like Wittington, Floyd andĀ  all the other 19 class. They all were zero drama and handled their shit.

Then there is FWK and Shep. Look at us!! Look at us!!! That shit gets old real quick in a football looker room. Especially one that prides itself on family atmosphere.

ļ»æ And if FWK wants to do battle against the University of Texas athletic department and their fan base, that's his choice. I'd warn against it.Ā 

Ā 

Last guy to this was Willie Lyles.Ā  And he ended up working at a Randall's after Texas finished exposing him.

8 hours ago, MountainHorn said:

And if FWK wants to do battle against the University of Texas athletic department and their fan base, that's his choice. I'd warn against it.Ā 

Ā 

I'm torn about shepard. Part of me just wants him to peace out and go to aggy where the attention whores all go and be done with it instead of this stupid game he's playing.Ā  The other part is thinking we need him for numbers and maybe when (if assuming the grade thing is legit and not some 995 bull shit to soften the blow) he gets here he will fall in line.Ā 

Fact that didn't sign on Wednesday is truth enough that he's not committed.Ā 

How much is that on the "mentoring" fwk provides I don't I know but any good mentor would tell shepherd to wait to decide on the school is he wasn't ready or tell him to sign the damn papers if he truly wanted to go where he committed to. It will be truly telling if fwk is his official visitor guest when he visits aggy next month.Ā 

43 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

So what youā€™re saying is recruitung services should hire ā€œreportersā€ who are down with trainers, while cutting loose any suburban frat types who donā€™t really need to work?
Ā 

EJ is the prototypical example of the former. Not sure what you're saying?

18 hours ago, hornyhorn said:

not looking swell for ej here is another prominentĀ  "trainer" "coach" ej should stay off twitter he is going to alienate texas chances with these recruits

Ā 

Ā 

EJ doesnā€™t know shit. At the same time, neither does Ketch or Bobby Burton, or Lucci, or that chode Chip Brown.Ā But thousands of people pay them to express their shitty opinion. Maybe people actually just pay for the 247 database, or maybe they pay Looch for hisĀ Ā echo chamber horseshit. I donā€™t know.Ā 

But never should you take the side of the glorified housewife fitness coach. They donā€™t know shit about football either. They give free training for access to top recruits. Why? They are using these kids as free advertising. I train these 5 star guys, you can be elite too if you pay me to train you. And there are millions of untalented rich kids that will pay. When one of these kids makes rhe Pros, then you can say, oh yeah, I train NFL players, donā€™t you want to make the NFL. Pay me.Ā 

There are tons of trainers out there. Not all of them use the people they train to get more money and exposure.Ā Some just do their job.Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

On 12/21/2018 at 4:24 PM, Vertigo said:

Honestly she is a perfect fit for aggy. That is one place that rewards blind faith, delusion, and cheating. Meemaw is like the pig souie lady except she decided to get up and get her hands dirty.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Holy shit.Ā 

My kids would describe that as cringey.Ā 

Explaining some of the money "flow" with trainers.

Helps kids buy new equipment, pay for camps, pay for travel and visit for kids he sponsors.

Got no problem on this as for most it levels out some of the playing field with kids who can pay for it themselves. Just mentioning as it opens up an avenue for groups to get in favor with trainers as "sponsors" of these kids. LikeĀ Adidas sponsoring Ro Simons company. Money can be accounted for legit reasons

32 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

This footwork guy got his feelings hurt REAL BAD by Baylor. Heā€™s been crying/compliment fishingĀ about it on Twitter a lot.

Dumb compliance question but I know teams can have alums and celebs on the sideline but what about someone like fwk? Is he just like anyone else or is this a conflict of interest due to his relationship with recruits?

Two thingsĀ 

1. The problem with him helping these kids, is why canā€™t others do it? Heā€™s not a saint. Heā€™s doing it for a reason. Exposure. Trust me, others adults are more than willing to pay for 5 star kids camps, trips, and gear, but theyā€™re not allowed to becsuse itā€™s illegal.Ā 

2. If it wasĀ about helping theĀ Ā kids, he wouldnā€™t be tweeting about every visit he takes them on, or perk he gets, or thought he has regarding the recruiting world.Ā 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

Dumb compliance question but I know teams can have alums and celebs on the sideline but what about someone like fwk? Is he just like anyone else or is this a conflict of interest due to his relationship with recruits?

Nope, they're just street agents who have little rules they have to follow. A solution that's been thrown out there to "combat" these street agents is to actually sanction agents so that the NCAA has some kind of power over them. At this point he's just a nice guy helping out kids in need (while obviously promoting his brand)Ā until proven otherwise. In fact I think the relationship works well enough that there really is no need for him to risk playing favorites.

8 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Nope, they're just street agents who have little rules they have to follow. A solution that's been thrown out there to "combat" these street agents is to actually sanction agents so that the NCAA has some kind of power over them. At this point he's just a nice guy helping out kids in need (while obviously promoting his brand)Ā until proven otherwise. In fact I think the relationship works well enough that there really is no need for him to risk playing favorites.

He has $ number of reasons to play favorites.

4 minutes ago, tittiesandbeer said:

FWK is a helicopter dad who has 50 or so 3 - 5 star kids.Ā  When Toneil Carter got buried on the depth chart he made sure to verbalize his displeasure on twitter.Ā  It wasnt the kids fault, it wasnt FWKs fault, it was the coaches/schools fault.Ā  He's the Foreman's dad with a large litter of kids.Ā Ā 

You mind posting that?Ā  All i remember is FWK subtweeting Carter than if an incoming freshman comes and takes your job you have no one to blame but yourself.

• Like 2

On 12/24/2018 at 1:50 PM, Fud said:

Two of Hornsby's three trainers and his momma are mad that EJ gave mild criticism on twitter

Ej's criticism isn't exactly scathing. You could pretty much say that about everyĀ high school QBĀ and be correct. It just shows thin skin, especially for a kid who has 3 trainers and is a big time recruit.Ā 

70% of the HS kids i train have no money, no I.D., vehicle, money for these šŸˆ camps, money for new cleats, no one to take them to visit a college & parents who just dont care. I go out my way to visits schools out of state for them, take them to visits & pay for camps etc.

Which beg$Ā the que$tion...

15 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Ej's criticism isn't exactly scathing. You could pretty much say that about everyĀ high school QBĀ and be correct. It just shows thin skin, especially for a kid who has 3 trainers and is a big time recruit.Ā 

Exactly. If heā€™s a finished product, then why the fuck does he have/need 3 trainers again?Ā 

36 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

You mind posting that?Ā  All i remember is FWK subtweeting Carter than if an incoming freshman comes and takes your job you have no one to blame but yourself.

I can give it a shot.Ā  He tweets more than a 14yr old girl going through her first breakup.Ā  I have no idea how to search on twitter besides using text values and trying to remember about the time he started bitching.

6 minutes ago, tittiesandbeer said:

I can give it a shot.Ā  He tweets more than a 14yr old girl going through her first breakup.Ā  I have no idea how to search on twitter besides using text values and trying to remember about the time he started bitching.

It's also possible that the tweets have since been deleted.Ā  I do remember that what FWKĀ was doing on twitter was in no way to help a kid/coach relationship seeing that FWK is followed on twitter by most of the Texas coaches.Ā Ā 

11 minutes ago, tittiesandbeer said:

It's also possible that the tweets have since been deleted.Ā  I do remember that what FWKĀ was doing on twitter was in no way to help a kid/coach relationship seeing that FWK is followed on twitter by most of the Texas coaches.Ā Ā 

If you were to find anything you'd probably Ā have to look back to a few games after Toniel got fumblitis and was benched. I don't everĀ remember him tweeting anything negative about the staff afaik. Most of fwk tweets were directly aimed at TC telling him to work hard and get his shit together. That said, FWK gets old real quick with his "look at how much I do for these kids" postsĀ 

Ā 

Edit: Nice find. I figured it would've been aroundĀ that time frameĀ 

Edited by TankedBevo
  • Like 1