Christmas loot 2018

Hmbre97

I know most of us on here probably buy themselves something around this time of year and use Christmas as the excuse or get cool shit as a surprise so here's a place to show off/humblebrag.

Here is something my mom surprised me with this year. I moved over the summer into a new place after my divorce so we were talking about the cliche dude pad neon beer signs and other shit guys decorate with. I mentioned a painting I would love to have for the meme of it and she got me a copy and is going to get it framed as well once I pick one out. 47e1010b9ad16894e27a033898ed8ef4.jpg

"I like this one. One dog goes one way and the other goes the other. And this guy's saying, "Whaddya want from me?" 
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Do they seem narrow to you?

not that I have noticed, but now that you mention it they fit pretty much exactly right.  I wear a 13 in sneakers/13d in Lucchese but sometimes smaller in different shoes (12 in Allen Edmonds) and never a 14, and these fit exactly right.

My oldest is got a Nintendo Switch for her birthday a couple months ago.  Wife overheard me talking about the original Nintendo from when I was her age.

I got a claasic Nintendo system with all the golden oldies.  Meaning a new system they are making that is about the size of one of the old cartridges and has about 30 games on it.

Wasted several hours on Punch-Out, Super Mario Bros, Metroid and Zelda.

I am sure it will be collecting dust real soon, but it brought back alot of memories.

Edited by Incredulity
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

My oldest is got a Nintendo Switch for her birthday a couple months ago.  Wife overheard me talking about the original Nintendo from when I was her age.

I got a claasic Nintendo system with all the golden oldies.  Meaning a new system they are making that is about the size of one of the old cartridges and has about 30 games on it.

I am sure it will be collecting dust real soon, but it brought back alot of memories.

Did you even Techmo Bowl bro?

Bo Jackson ftmfw.

Sounds cool.  Might need one.

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

This?

https://www.nintendo.com/nes-classic/

Looks like some pretty good games come with it

4 hours ago, Landomatic said:

When I became an adult and got my own money, I kinda just buy whatever the fuck I want, whenever the fuck I want now.  So didn’t really see the need for presents this year.  Wife and I are gonna donate to charity and call it good.

This. Although I do drop some hints to the wife from time to time.  She whiffs on all of them, which only reinforces my buying habits. 

Got totally surprised this year. Usually don’t make out this well.

16 core i9 intel cpu 

490GB Intel Optane SSD

nividia Titan RTX (boom motherfuckers)

Lots of RAM

August smart lock

4k dash cam

a really nice dinner jacket

Self watering planters

Trijicon rmr rmo6-6

also a cool G from my dad

Very simple Christmas this year. Wife scored some mid-years Pretty Maids releases that I didn’t have and found me some Nameless Detective novels I was missing as well. Tunes and quiet reading with a bourbon...what could be better?

Oh...and we bought a house. So much for simple.....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Celery Man said:

I’m pretty impressed with this as a gift from a soon to be uncle. Can’t be more than $7 from restaurant supply here and it’s something I didn’t have and why did I not?
09ef5f11d80ec0c56812da45df26deea.jpg

This is a damn good gift for the money.  Kind of perfect for anyone who likes to cook/eat food...most people probably don't already own one and most people would probably think it would be pretty cool to have one.  Great idea.

Great day.

Wife got me a new rack for the guitars.  I kind of collect, the daily players needed a new home, the "case queens" sit on the wall on display.  It's cool when the wife walks into the guitar center and says she needs a guitar rack.  When the clerk asks how big, she says how big do you make them.  (I know softball go ahead)

New grilling and smoking stuff.

Geddy Lee's big book of bass.  It is an incredible book all about his personal collection of basses.  All 200 of them.

The kids entered me into the Houston rodeo chili cook off and got me a stove to do it.  Never done it before, should be interesting.

Cooked beef wellington and it was awesome.  Finished he night killing off the rest of the Blanton's.