Christmas loot 2018

Hmbre97

2 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

Great day.

Wife got me a new rack for the guitars.  I kind of collect, the daily players needed a new home, the "case queens" sit on the wall on display.  It's cool when the wife walks into the guitar center and says she needs a guitar rack.  When the clerk asks how big, she says how big do you make them.  (I know softball go ahead)

New grilling and smoking stuff.

Geddy Lee's big book of bass.  It is an incredible book all about his personal collection of basses.  All 200 of them.

The kids entered me into the Houston rodeo chili cook off and got me a stove to do it.  Never done it before, should be interesting.

Cooked beef wellington and it was awesome.  Finished he night killing off the rest of the Blanton's.  

Wait, have we seen your guitars?  There’s a thread in music.

19 hours ago, Landomatic said:

When I became an adult and got my own money, I kinda just buy whatever the fuck I want, whenever the fuck I want now.  So didn’t really see the need for presents this year.  Wife and I are gonna donate to charity and call it good.

Wife and I have been doing this for quite a few years now, we pretty much buy what we want throughout the year, donate to Toys-4-Tots in place of gift exchange.  We had a wedding in Maine and Reception in Texas, so bank account took a hit on that plus a new car as well.   We'll send out locally made candy or Hickory Farms to family back in Texas. 

3 hours ago, Celery Man said:

Wait, have we seen your guitars?  There’s a thread in music.

Yeah, that's not how this is supposed to work. You can't just drop into some random thread and claim you got a new guitar rack and that you "kind of collect".

5 hours ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

I was the hit of our white elephant gift exchange with a 50 pack of Double A energizer-brand batteries. It was stolen and locked-in because, as all parents know, you can never have enough batteries and nobody likes to spend $100 on batteries at Costco for themselves.

Would've been a lot cooler if they were rechargeables

17 hours ago, Deej said:

Yeah, that's not how this is supposed to work. You can't just drop into some random thread and claim you got a new guitar rack and that you "kind of collect".

Eh, maybe I will upload some shots of my basses.  It's modest and small, not like some museum.  A Ric, some Fenders, etc, I really just consider myself more a collector than a player anymore.  I don't have a '52 Fender Precision or anything like that.....yet.  Wife made a huge error in buying me that book of basses.  It's like a wish list/shopping list now.

edit, and on the wife new rack comment, not needed.  no pics either you animals.

Edited by Moby Ric

17 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

A low end fly fishing outfit I bought myself to determine if I want to take the full plunge.

It takes some practice, then it's Zen. Once you catch your first fish on a fly rig, you'll never look back.

Great day.
Wife got me a new rack for the guitars.  I kind of collect, the daily players needed a new home, the "case queens" sit on the wall on display.  It's cool when the wife walks into the guitar center and says she needs a guitar rack.  When the clerk asks how big, she says how big do you make them.  (I know softball go ahead)
New grilling and smoking stuff.
Geddy Lee's big book of bass.  It is an incredible book all about his personal collection of basses.  All 200 of them.
The kids entered me into the Houston rodeo chili cook off and got me a stove to do it.  Never done it before, should be interesting.
Cooked beef wellington and it was awesome.  Finished he night killing off the rest of the Blanton's.  

Are you on the guitar pron thread?

On 12/26/2018 at 2:12 PM, Reagan1k said:

Your wife bought you a SBR ?  Damn.....Did she do the paperwork and NFA filing herself or just gave an IOU and told you do do the transaction?

Either way, that's pretty strong.

Buying the boy a bow, was glancing at guns. She made the call to buy it while I filled out the paperwork

16 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

Eh, maybe I will upload some shots of my basses.  It's modest and small, not like some museum.  A Ric, some Fenders, etc, I really just consider myself more a collector than a player anymore.  I don't have a '52 Fender Precision or anything like that.....yet.  Wife made a huge error in buying me that book of basses.  It's like a wish list/shopping list now.

edit, and on the wife new rack comment, not needed.  no pics either you animals.

meh, tits are a dime a dozen on the internet, I'd rather see the basses.