Dexter

RPM

OK, um, HOLY SHIT! This reboot is excellent and they are hitting all the easter eggs. I got tingles when he was cooking breakfast. Hall said in his Colbert interview they want to make up for the bad ending of the original.

7 hours ago, RPM said:

OK, um, HOLY SHIT! This reboot is excellent and they are hitting all the easter eggs. I got tingles when he was cooking breakfast. Hall said in his Colbert interview they want to make up for the bad ending of the original.

One episode in…

Bold Strategy Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

2 hours ago, mchookem said:

i'm glad this was bumped, i'm going to start this one as soon as i finish The Americans. i literally don't know anything beyond he's a killer...should be fun 😛

Watch and enjoy seasons 1-4 and then skip directly to the reboot. Trust me.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just binged the series last year, so relatively new to Dexter fandom. Been looking forward to this.

I thought the frat guy was consistent with the tone of the show. Also thought he was hilarious.

Seeing a brand new squad at the office left me feeling kinda empty.  I miss Bautista. And Masuka.

The Harrison stuff felt a little too simple or something. The buildup and confrontation after almost a decade of abandonment was kinda basic, paint by numbers, cable TV fodder. Disappointing. Maybe there's a twist coming that's not obvious?

Definitely fun to see Dexter again.

17 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Although I commented to Mrs GOTJ it looks like he's living in the town used for every Hallmark Christmas movie.

You reminded me of a post I saw on the Dexter reddit earlier this year (I think?). They filmed on location in some small town in Upstate NY. Someone who lived there posted about it and shared some photos of the sets.

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

The reboot is pretty good. There’s still some stupid Dexter stuff like the cops ignoring all his footprints in the snow when he’s planting evidence but overall it is pretty enjoyable.

And how easy it seemed to use the large furnace. No cameras? No people around? 

i'm still back in S2 but i gotta say...Sgt. Doakes is a giant asshole! wtf is his problem, who goes through life just fucking pissed off and angry at the entire world, every day? he acts like he wants to beat up literally every person he meets. 

i thought that attitude was reserved for surly posters!

• 5 weeks later...

Not just meh, it was stupid IMO

Spoiler

I would have rather saw them wrap up the series by Harrison staying in Iron Lake to have a normal life. I thought that was the whole point of Dexter letting him kill him was to relieve Harrison of the burden of his dark passenger so he wouldn't have the need to harm/kill and to have a normal life. 10 seconds later, Angela is telling him to go on the lam.... just like Dexter was. So fucking dumb.  They could have easily spun it as having shot Dexter in self defense.  

Yea it was a pretty good ending up until she told him to run. I especially liked the "Open your Eyes and Look at what you've done" line from Harrison. I think this was a Dexter line from back in Season 1 Ep 1. Not sure why they had to do the Harrison on the lam deal. It was a good redemption for the original ending until then.

• Like 1

The showrunner said he'd do a S2 if Showtime asks. S1 of New Blood was hugely successful for Showtime - I read somewhere it had 7 million viewers.

It wasn't a great finale but it was fine and I definitely enjoyed the season. There were too many loose ends to tie up at the end. Michael C Hall was awesome.

5 hours ago, RPM said:

A Harrison spinoff would be horribad.

Yep. The actor playing Harrison is bland as toasted Wonder bread. And if they just bring back Michael C. Hall as a ghost to talk to Harrison and guide him through the Code it undoes everything they tried (poorly) to resolve in the finale.

But money talks. And Hall's a producer. Making a few million bucks for putting out a piece of shit is, well...still a few million bucks.

On 8/3/2020 at 11:19 AM, Scraps said:

This is one of those series I started like 4 years ago and slowly am making my way through.  I will binge a season or 2 then wait like 8 months to watch again.  It is even tougher now that I had to get through season 6 recently and am on season 7.  

I am just trying to push through to get it over, but man it is rough.  

On 8/19/2020 at 12:08 PM, Scraps said:

Lol finally started the last season....the first episode when Deb has went off the deep end is so fucking laughable

Can't wait to see how horrible the rest of this season is

On 10/15/2020 at 12:40 PM, Scraps said:

Jesus i thought i was about to finally finish this show lol. Midway through last season.

LMAO.....this weekend I restarted season 8 because I didn't remember shit to try and power through this fucking horribad shit.  I got back up to episode 6, so I think I am pretty much the same spot I was a year and a half ago.  

must.finish.