Things not going well in Venezuela

Parliament

The UN has accused Venezuela of a strategy of instilling fear in its population to retain power, removing opponents with a "shocking" number of alleged extrajudicial killings.

Victims are arrested and shot, with crime scenes manipulated to suggest they resisted police, a report says.
Some four million people have fled Venezuela since 2015, according to the UN ...
The report is scheduled to be presented to the UN Human Rights Council on Friday.

It is based on "558 interviews with victims and witnesses of human rights violations and the deteriorating economic situation" from January 2018 to May 2019.

Its most damning findings relate to the number of deaths the Venezuelan government has ascribed to resisting arrest.

That figure for last year was 5,287, with another 1,569 up to 19 May this year.
On accusations of torture it says detainees have been subjected to "one or more forms of torture or cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment, including electric shocks, suffocation with plastic bags, water boarding, beatings, sexual violence, water and food deprivation, stress positions and exposure to extreme temperatures".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-48873500

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, demos said:

The B team.

Fuckers took Jack Ryan season 2 too seriously.

From their website

We use a tailored approach that addresses all aspects of your security and operational risks. We strive to provide precise robust protection. Our diverse skill-sets and global resources enable our experts to manage projects from inception to completion. From securing technicians along the supply chain and worksites to protecting executives and celebrities in unstable locations, our prompt-response one-stop shop capability delivers the best services along the whole continuum of security risk management.

We use a tailored approach that addresses all aspects of your security and operational risks. We strive to provide precise robust protection. Our diverse skill-sets and global resources enable our experts to manage projects from inception to completion. From securing technicians along the supply chain and worksites to protecting executives and celebrities in unstable locations, our prompt-response one-stop shop capability delivers the best services along the whole continuum of security risk management.

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Over written by a group of dumbasses. 

Still there, and there’s more word salad

When a crisis arises, the first thing people often look for is a leader: the person who knows how to solve the problem and will take the necessary steps to do so. Very few individuals are experts in handling crisis situations. Inexperienced leaders can make rash decisions, react too quickly to the situation, or worse, not react at all in hopes that the situation will work itself out. Nowadays, with the way information travels instantaneously, crisis situations typically do not “just work themselves out.” You need to intervene before the situation escalates. If you are looking for help managing a crisis, Silvercorp USA is highly experienced in handling the whole spectrum of crisis situations.

"THE STRONGEST PEOPLE ARE NOT THOSE WHO SHOW STRENGTH IN FRONT OF US BUT THOSE WHO WIN BATTLES WE KNOW NOTHING ABOUT"

JONATHAN HARNISCH

All of that word salad kinda works against the tweet

Because the first thing I look for in a crisis, is a leader who tweets the game plan out before it starts.   

• Like 2

Been following this since they first announced the operation. Dipshits all of them. One note is the Agency told them to stop it, they said nope. Never piss of the agency. 

They are fucked. Going to cost us a few shekels to get them out. We shouldn't. Just glad the Prince was not involved. 

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Wow.  This appears to be Olympic-level dumbfuckery.  With the prize being the dumbfuckery gold medal, and 8 body bags.

Reports are there are more than 8. Unless they had a hidden army inside this group was destined to get mowed down by the Cubans/Wagner boys or hell, with this level of efficiency, Mama with a Moissan Nagant. 

29 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I don't expect to log into the Venezuela thread and find lulz sub Facebook dumshit thread level stupidity and comedy fucking gold... But here we are and why I Surl.

I’m expecting that operation to have looked like this

spacer.png

complete with Yakety Sax playing in the background.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I came to get caught up on thread, and now I’m confused. I thought I understood that Venezuela attacked a cruise ship and tried to say it was mercs. Then there is a 3 week time jump and all the tweets. Can someone break it down for me?

• Like 1

Context:

Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro says two American "mercenaries" have been apprehended after a failed coup attempt launched over the weekend.

The US State Department Tuesday evening called Maduro's claim "a major disinformation campaign" that made it "difficult to separate facts from propaganda."
The State Department was "making efforts to learn more," including the activities of the US citizens "reportedly in the custody of the former regime," according to a department spokesperson.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/05/americas/venezuela-maduro-americans-failed-invasion-intl/index.html

2 hours ago, UT_OB1 said:

I came to get caught up on thread, and now I’m confused. I thought I understood that Venezuela attacked a cruise ship and tried to say it was mercs. Then there is a 3 week time jump and all the tweets. Can someone break it down for me?

A few dudes attempted an amphibious assault on Venezuela.  It went about as well as you would expect.

E:  Apparently they were armed with at least one airsoft gun.  A highly sophisticated operation for sure.

Edited by MadBurgerMaker

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

Context:

Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro says two American "mercenaries" have been apprehended after a failed coup attempt launched over the weekend.

The US State Department Tuesday evening called Maduro's claim "a major disinformation campaign" that made it "difficult to separate facts from propaganda."
The State Department was "making efforts to learn more," including the activities of the US citizens "reportedly in the custody of the former regime," according to a department spokesperson.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/05/americas/venezuela-maduro-americans-failed-invasion-intl/index.html

The State Department should probably check the tweets of that guy if they want to learn more.  

Edit: Looks like he deleted his account.  Don't think that will stop the interwebs, which archives everything.

Edited by atomheartbevo

2 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Good friend of mine served with the regard that did all this shit.   He tried to get my buddy to ‘invest’ in his company, and my buddy told him to get fucked 

That guy... like if this wasn't some paramilitary outfit or whatever, his tweets sound like something straight out of the Silicon Valley HBO show.  Like shit Gavin Belson would say.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2020 at 6:42 PM, Trey3216 said:

Good friend of mine served with the regard that did all this shit.   He tried to get my buddy to ‘invest’ in his company, and my buddy told him to get fucked 

Hometown guy or perhaps someone from the McGregor area?

44 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Hometown guy or perhaps someone from the McGregor area?

It may actually be another story to be honest, since he sent me a story about a jackwagon he served with that tried to pull a coup down there recently.  

he’s from the valley and was a Ranger, now Secret Service 

• Like 1

https://www.statesman.com/news/20200507/austin-native-arrested-after-failed-attempt-to-capture-venezuelan-president-maduro

Luke Denman is a graduate of Westlake High School. KVUE-TV in Austin interviewed Denman in 2015 after a steel bar flew toward him and lodged into his helmet while he was riding his motorcycle on MoPac Boulevard.

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/local/austin-native-accused-in-failed-coup-attempt-in-venezuela/269-9fc230b7-7d4f-418b-94b1-7cf706a1afca

Denman looks worn the fuck out compared to the KVUE interview from 5 years ago.

22 minutes ago, Mappable said:

Denman looks worn the fuck out compared to the KVUE interview from 5 years ago

Folks participating in failed coup attempts usually don't come out of the wash looking too good.  On some level, he knows that he's going to be there in prison as long as Maduro wants him to.  

A photo from the arrest.

spacer.png