Cam Rising is on the transfer portal...

Fug

Yes let's just open it up so that players can transfer whenever they want.  That way a player can transfer after each time a coach chews him out for not hustling, his gf breaks up with him or he doesn't like the weather forecast next week.  That will keep things coherent.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, txhorns said:

Yes let's just open it up so that players can transfer whenever they want.  That way a player can transfer after each time a coach chews him out for not hustling, his gf breaks up with him or he doesn't like the weather forecast next week.  That will keep things coherent.

Now you're getting it. 

26 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Now you're getting it. 

yeah and if Nick Saban just happens to be in town on that particular day, and just happens to bump into you and say "wow  Player X, you are awesome, you are killing it for LOCAL TEAM,  I hope they are treating you right.  Man, I sure wish we at Alabama had given you a scholarship when you came out of High School..... oh well, too bad, glad everythign is OK for you, have a good day", 

and Saban walks off....   

I mean he just flat out told the kid if he enters the portal right now, hes got a spot on the Bama roster. 

Yeah, that sounds like a fucking awesome idea to make it a total free for all

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

yeah and if Nick Saban just happens to be in town on that particular day, and just happens to bump into you and say "wow  Player X, you are awesome, you are killing it for LOCAL TEAM,  I hope they are treating you right.  Man, I sure wish we at Alabama had given you a scholarship when you came out of High School..... oh well, too bad, glad everythign is OK for you, have a good day", 

and Saban walks off....   

I mean he just flat out told the kid if he enters the portal right now, hes got a spot on the Bama roster. 

What would it hurt? Roster limits still exist.

11 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

and Saban walks off....   

Pay attention: that's what's happening now (other than the fact that Saban has players teleportaling out, not in). The difference is whether the player has to "sit out" a year of eligibility at the new school.

50 minutes ago, txhorns said:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tex Long said:

If the portal is going to work, NC2A needs to drop the wait-a-year rule. Let 'em move, let 'em play.

I used to be with this but have since decided that unlimited transfers should be a available and all should sit out a year. 

What is their harm?  More school and training?  Takes the year to year spur of the moment out of it. Always have 4 years of playing time regardless.  

Grad transfers remain as is.  

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 6/18/2019 at 12:48 PM, txhorns said:

My fear is that it would bolster pay for play. Not saying it doesn't already exist in some quarters but saying it would/could make it more prominent. 

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Nuge said:

FYI:  Cam Rising can play against Texas in the Alamo Bowl...

Utah coach Kyle Whittingham said Rising is eligible to play in the bowl game. Per NCAA transfer rules, a transfer from a four-year university has to complete an academic year in residence before becoming eligible. Utah’s finals finished Friday, so Rising is good to go for the Alamo Bowl.  “He’s eligible for the game because you have to sit out one year and that year has expired come bowl time,” Whittingham said. 

On 12/17/2019 at 4:39 PM, LTtxfan said:

FYI:  Cam Rising can play against Texas in the Alamo Bowl...

Utah coach Kyle Whittingham said Rising is eligible to play in the bowl game. Per NCAA transfer rules, a transfer from a four-year university has to complete an academic year in residence before becoming eligible. Utah’s finals finished Friday, so Rising is good to go for the Alamo Bowl.  “He’s eligible for the game because you have to sit out one year and that year has expired come bowl time,” Whittingham said. 

how would that work for eligibility going forward? Would playing in the bowl game count as this year, or next?  Seems like it would be pretty dumb to burn eligibility for a shitty bowl game. 

5 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

how would that work for eligibility going forward? Would playing in the bowl game count as this year, or next?  Seems like it would be pretty dumb to burn eligibility for a shitty bowl game. 

It would count for this year, but he would still retain his redshirt for this year because you are now allowed to play in 4 games?  and still retain redshirt status.  These lessor bowls are good time to get some PT in for you redshirting guys.  Especially if you expect them to be big contributors next season.

4 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:
15 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

It would count for this year, but he would still retain his redshirt for this year because you are now allowed to play in 4 games?  and still retain redshirt status.  These lessor bowls are good time to get some PT in for you redshirting guys.  Especially if you expect them to be big contributors next season.

Didn't he redshirt last year?  So he has no redshirt to preserve this year.  He already used it.

15 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

He redshirted in 2018 when he was at Texas.  You have 5 years to play 4 seasons, so he burned a year by transferring and not being granted a waiver.  He'll have 3 years left whether he plays in the bowl or not. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...