Texas transfer portal talk

BurntOrangeBlooded15

Just an Fyi for this thread on the 2021 Portal Deadline (July 1st)

"Athletes in fall/winter sports like, football and basketball, would face a May 1 deadline to enter the transfer portal. Spring athletes would have a July 1 deadline in order to gain immediate eligibility. However, the council voted to allow a blanket waiver for this year only that sets the date for all athletes as July 1." 

So May 1st in future years...

On 4/28/2021 at 8:53 AM, Spider2YBanana said:

I remember a lot of people thinking Lewis was a sneaky take and showing him on the treadmill running gave a lot of folks unnecessary boners.

But is there really such thing as an unnecessary boner?

54 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Wonder how much of this move was independently his decision and how much it was the coaches being brutally honest about his future playing time? Same for several of our recent transfers out.

I realize that sounds mercenary but most of the successful coaches/programs are pretty damn cold-blooded when it comes to roster management. It doesn't bother me one bit if we give the deadwood, the near-deadwood, or the just-doesn't-fit-the-new-system a gentle push.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Royale with cheese said:

Wonder how much of this move was independently his decision and how much it was the coaches being brutally honest about his future playing time? Same for several of our recent transfers out.

I realize that sounds mercenary but most of the successful coaches/programs are pretty damn cold-blooded when it comes to roster management. It doesn't bother me one bit if we give the deadwood, the near-deadwood, or the just-doesn't-fit-the-new-system a gentle push.

I think he and the coaches had a lovely conversation about how you can smoke weed and play PS4 at many locations that don't require you to even pretend to do homework or wake up early for practice.

12 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I think he and the coaches had a lovely conversation about how you can smoke weed and play PS4 at many locations that don't require you to even pretend to do homework or wake up early for practice.

Seems like he'd fit perfectly in  (the University of) Southern California.

Spicoli-1.png

Every single p5 program pushes them out. Not one will coddle a bench warmer taking a scholarship away.

6 hours ago, Tex Long said:

You seem... easily played. Does that make you sad? Were you feeling fisterly, again?

Never mind, I think Surly knows its own.

I fisted your wife. that thing is like a windsock. now, back to Dani. she’s an absolute prize. 

1 hour ago, futureman said:

I fisted your wife. that thing is like a windsock. now, back to Dani. she’s an absolute prize. 

Was that you? She said something with girly little fingers and a tiny limp pecker was scrabbling unsuccessfully at her pooter. She thought it might've been the neighbors' monkey, Windsock... but apparently not.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Tex Long said:

Was that you? She said something with girly little fingers and a tiny limp pecker was scrabbling unsuccessfully at her pooter. She thought it might've been the neighbors' monkey, Windsock... but apparently not.

ha, yeah man, that was me. elbow deep in your wife’s shitter. 

From The Athletic's story on Juwan Mitchell: https://theathletic.com/2572087/2021/05/07/juwan-mitchells-road-to-rocky-top-why-the-versatile-texas-linebacker-transfer-chose-tennessee/

“It wasn’t the best thing having a staff fired every year. But I think I showed people that I can adapt to any scheme,” Mitchell said. “They say clean slate every time a new staff comes in, and I believed I showed each staff I’m one that they can count on to start and things like that. So that really meant a lot to me. I learned a lot from each staff. Some people have the same staff for four years, and they only learn that system and that’s all they know. I feel like I’m very versatile now, and I just feel like I know more about the game by learning from a bunch of different people.”

“Going juco, you got to be strong, you got to be internally motivated,” Mitchell said. “It’s not so much external motivation. There’s days no coaches are coming to practice. There’s days you’re not going to eat. You might eat one meal and you gotta go to practice. You got to be really dedicated. I really had to find myself, find my game, stick to it. You got to really know who you are, juco. When I got to Texas, yeah, it was bigger, but it was like I already knew who I was. While nobody else knew who I was. So it was easier to navigate. It was just like, there’s 100,000 people looking at me now, but I’ve been this person. That’s kind of the mindset I kept. It helped me. I try not to compare to others, but I always knew I was different.”

The Athletic: Top 50 players in the portal: https://theathletic.com/2565927/2021/05/04/college-football-transfer-portal-top-50-eric-gray-mckenzie-milton-and-the-most-impactful-movers-of-2021/

Not much Texas wise on the list honestly.

Spoiler

B12/Texas related guys:

1. Eric Gray - Tenn to OU

5. Siaki Ika - LSU to Baylor

9. Charleston Rambo - OU to Miami

11. Derion Kendrick - Clemson to ???

19. Charlie Brewer - Baylor to Utah

20. Tyler Shough - Oregon to TTU

31. TJ Carter - Memphis to TCU

34. Keaontay Ingram - Texas to USC

Ingram produced 1,095 total yards in 2019 and more than 2,300 yards over his three seasons at Texas. Injury issues and untimely fumbles made for a tough 2020 season, but he reemerged as a playmaker for the Trojans this spring.

41. Wanya Morris - Tenn to OU

42. Key Lawrence - Tenn to OU

43. Grant Calcaterra - OU to SMU

45. Palaie Gaoteote IV - USC to ??? (Texas)

The former five-star recruit has been productive when healthy and started 14 games for the Trojans. Too many injuries have prevented him from playing to his big-time potential. Trojans head coach Clay Helton has said the door is still open for his return, but Texas desperately needs help at linebacker and appears to be the leader.

49. Alan Bowman - TTU to Michigan

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

needs a new team by July 1st 

So did he realize transferring into Syracuse was not so simple or did he finally go up there to visit and decide it is not for him? I give it 50/50 either way…

He may end up being a prime example of someone that portals and doesn’t find a home.

• 2 weeks later...