NCAA Basketball Transfers

LTtxfan

Waivers for Transfers to play immediately and not sit out a year are happening more frequently in NCAA Basketball....

Nov 21st, 2018

The transfer issue has been a contentious one in Division I athletics throughout this decade, particularly in men’s basketball. The number of players transferring has roughly tripled since basketball writer Jeff Goodman, now at Stadium, began compiling his annual list a decade ago: from about 250 per year to nearly 800, although he acknowledges he is more thorough now than when he began the practice.

The nature of those transfers has changed, as well. The graduate transfer rule was introduced, and it has become increasingly popular, allowing those who have completed degrees at one school to transfer and pursue graduate studies at another without having to sit out a year.I

Last season, out of 199 Division I transfers among undergraduate players, only 32 submitted waiver requests for immediate eligibility. This year, there have been 68 waivers submitted, with 27 approved, as of Nov. 9. There still were 24 open cases.

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-basketball/news/ncaa-transfer-waiver-increase-riles-coaches-its-a-farce/306x12duyq9w1km8k5mcy1xdq