Kevin Spacey: Let Me Be Frank

Burt

It's a mix of calculated desperation and genius.  Dude has nothing to lose. Zero.  

So, why not cloud the picture a bit and pluck on some nostalgia strings right before that charge hits print?

It won't work,  but it was probably his best shot and he took it.

10 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

16 or 18, the bar was allegedly serving alcohol to an underaged patron. Have they been charged?

I read he was 18 when it happened, but Spacey kept buying him drinks when the drinking age was 21.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46675194?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.com/news/topics/cx2pp45kw89t/kevin-spacey&link_location=live-reporting-story

The controversy has led to Mr Spacey being axed from a number of roles, including from House of Cards and the 2017 film All the Money in the World, which was re-shot without him.

A film in which he appears, Billionaire Boys Club, also took a record-breaking low of $126 (£98) on its first night in US cinemas in August.

$126?!  That’s like, 12 tickets!

9 hours ago, Bevo VIII said:

Was the bar a 21+ bar?

Good question.  But the article in the original post mentioned the boy told Spacey he was old enough to drink, so Spacey probably thought he was at least 21. Interesting this happened three years ago, wasn't reported to the police until last year (November 2017) right before the mother called a press conference.  

• 11 months later...

This is getting really weird.  I would no longer be remotely surprised if I found out tomorrow that Epstein made a large donation to the Frank Underwood campaign shortly before his "suicide."