“Us” - Jordan Peele

Pancho

I thought that Get Out was good, but it apparently blew everyone else's tits off which made it a bit disappointing to me when i watched it and didn't think it lived up to the hype. the hype for this one is already spreading after the full trailer playerd during the NBA games yesterday. I'll try and temper expectations this time, but i'm also pretty sure that it's going to at least be good as well. 

• Like 1

Get Out was pretty decent with a few twists on a generally cliche basic plot.  I think one of the reasons it got so much play was the incorporation of social justice themes without being too heavy handed. 

I don't do trailers anymore, does this seem to have similar themes? 

48 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Get Out was pretty decent with a few twists on a generally cliche basic plot.  I think one of the reasons it got so much play was the incorporation of social justice themes without being too heavy handed. 

What’s cool about this trailer is that no one can seem to agree on what social message the movie is trying to deliver, or even if it’s trying to deliver one at all.

1 hour ago, Goo Punch said:

I thought that Get Out was good, but it apparently blew everyone else's tits off which made it a bit disappointing to me when i watched it and didn't think it lived up to the hype. the hype for this one is already spreading after the full trailer playerd during the NBA games yesterday. I'll try and temper expectations this time, but i'm also pretty sure that it's going to at least be good as well. 

Pretty much this.  I mean Get Out was nominated for best picture for Christ sakes. 

13 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Looks awesome.

And making “5 On It” sound like a horror anthem? Yes please.

I didn’t know it was possible to make “I got 5 on it” so intense. That portion was very well done. I’m 100% in. I loved get out, but I also didn’t know what it was about when we went to the movies to see it, so I didn’t get sucked into the “hype” if you will. I just thought it was a clever, insightful movie.

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

show me on the doll where the trailers touched you

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'm gonna guess right now how it ends. I haven't read any spoilers yet, so it's a total guess based on Hollywood tendencies and cliches.

The creepy family is the actual original family, and the "normal" family are the clones.

I hope I'm wrong though and they come up with something more original.

2 hours ago, ajax said:

I'm gonna guess right now how it ends. I haven't read any spoilers yet, so it's a total guess based on Hollywood tendencies and cliches.

Reveal hidden contents

The creepy family is the actual original family, and the "normal" family are the clones.

I hope I'm wrong though and they come up with something more original.

One of the latest instagram clips for this movie kind of hints at the origin of the “creepy” family. It seems to show that your theory will not be true. And I don’t think Peele would make a twist quite that easy to predict.

Hey, look what I noticed. This could potentially be a big spoiler, or it could be nothing.

Look at what it says on the carnival house, in yellow under the words "Merlin's Forest". It says "FIND YOURSELF". 

I mean, that's kind of on the nose.

tzygdtksebvret0eteta.png

25 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Has no one seen this yet? I was supposed to go this past weekend, but the husband and I got into an argument so we canceled our tix at Alamo 

Do you live in the future? It’s not out till this weekend. I have tix for Friday night, can’t wait. 

I think they showed it at SXSW. There are lots of reviews out already.

I'm so torn about this movie. On the one hand, I think it's going to be great. On the other, I hate scary movies. I have no problem walking by myself in the woods, like when I go camping, or walking alone down a dark alley. Doesn't bother me one bit. But fuck scary movies.

17 minutes ago, HiggyBaby said:

They showed this trailer before How to Train Your Dragon last weekend. Freaked the little Higgybaby’s out.

lol. Sounds like someone fucked up.

99% on RT with only 68 reviews.  Of course its RT, and as more reviews come in it'll drop(plus I'm sure some are higher on it being that it's Peel and his Get Out work before it).

I'm definately seeing this.

17 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Do you live in the future? It’s not out till this weekend. I have tix for Friday night, can’t wait. 

Oh shit. I bought tix to this Saturday’s showing and the entire time last week I thought it was for 3/16. I just checked my Alamo app and, yep, it was for 3/23. That would have been hilarious if we had shown up at the theater this past Saturday. 

99% on RT with only 68 reviews.  Of course its RT, and as more reviews come in it'll drop(plus I'm sure some are higher on it being that it's Peel and his Get Out work before it).

I'm definately seeing this.
Will it though? Get Out never really dropped. It was 100% forever and is still at 98% now.

I saw Get Out on HBO and thought it was really good but I also think it was overhyped. I expect similar for this one. Will see it next year, when it hits HBO.

FWIW, not much of a horror fan, except when humor is involved, a la Evil Dead and even some Freddie stuff. Also like a good psychological, but realistic horror flick. Friday the 13th type stuff just bores me, other than the gratuitous boobs. 

33 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I mean Key isn't that dark. He's actually pretty light. 

Lulz there was an episode of House of Lies with Kristen Bell in it where he plays a guy pretending to be a Black Guy so he can sale hair products for black women.  Apparently he light enough to have come from a whit family with dark complexion

13 hours ago, bamachine said:

I saw Get Out on HBO and thought it was really good but I also think it was overhyped. I expect similar for this one. Will see it next year, when it hits HBO.

FWIW, not much of a horror fan, except when humor is involved, a la Evil Dead and even some Freddie stuff. Also like a good psychological, but realistic horror flick. Friday the 13th type stuff just bores me, other than the gratuitous boobs. 

There was nothing funny about Evil Dead. 

12 hours ago, bamachine said:

You know what I meant, the series as a whole. Sure, the first movie was serious, the rest are comedies.

I saw Army of Darkness when I was around 9 or 10 and loved it.  Then I found out it was part of the Evil Dead series and assumed they were the same.  I regretted watching that, and what the hell were my parents doing letting me rent that shit at 10.