“Us” - Jordan Peele

Pancho

saw it this weekend, liked it more than get out.  peele's obviously been thinking about this for a long time, i enjoyed seeing his talent translate on screen.   people have mentioned the acting (GREAT JOB) but no one's really mentioned the music yet.  loved the artistry and the effectiveness of it.

On 4/15/2019 at 10:23 AM, gsoda3 said:

oh also

Hide contents

why didn't the real adelaide just go back up the escalator??

This was one of the biggest logic leaps (you probably don't need to ST anymore).  Now, she was passed out when dragged down below and was handcuffed to the bed but at some point, before she was assimilated, one would think she would have wandered off to try and escape.  The tethered didn't seem to really notice if folks left and came back.  Also, the biggest leap is there is no basis for the government (I guess) to create a world of clones.  Why would they create an entire country of them if they weren't perfected or hadn't stood up to scientific methods.  The entire concept of a building a clone country and then abandoning them is so non-sensical it defies any logic.  So you have to take some extreme logic leaps just to get into the story.  The tethered are obvious take offs of the Mole People or Morlocks some, but the cloning angle given to explain the "twist" is sort of laughable.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally saw it, thought it was great.

The message was muddled?  Maybe I was reading too much into it, but I thought it was completely in-your-face -- there's someone out there in the world just like you, except that they didn't have your privileged upbringing/breaks in life.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 7/21/2019 at 2:58 AM, Beau Vine said:

Finally saw it, thought it was great.

The message was muddled?  Maybe I was reading too much into it, but I thought it was completely in-your-face -- there's someone out there in the world just like you, except that they didn't have your privileged upbringing/breaks in life.

So there's a sane non psychotic version of me out there somewhere? I'd like to meet him, beat him, then take all his shit. 

• 2 months later...