Crashing (HBO)

NoRagrets

On 3/28/2018 at 12:58 PM, Jimbaround said:

I watched two episodes of season two and it fell off my radar.  I was getting pissed at Pete being such a dumbass (the broken coffee table, etc.).

Better get used to it because Pete is a dumbass.

21 hours ago, F250 said:

This show is great. It's somewhat similar to "I'm dying up here" but so much better.

Smaller cast, shorter script.

Kept meaning to look her up and see what her real name is but kept forgetting to do so. I know that is a made up name on the show. They seem to use real comics names and then for some use made up names.

Do love the show and recently caught his actual recent stand up on HBO. Seems like he got away from being the clean comic, at least somewhat. Don't expect a dichotomy like with Bob Saget but still he throws around several fucks.

18 minutes ago, bamachine said:

Kept meaning to look her up and see what her real name is but kept forgetting to do so. I know that is a made up name on the show. They seem to use real comics names and then for some use made up names.

Do love the show and recently caught his actual recent stand up on HBO. Seems like he got away from being the clean comic, at least somewhat. Don't expect a dichotomy like with Bob Saget but still he throws around several fucks.

His Enrique Iglesias concert bit is one of the funniest things I've ever heard.  

On 3/28/2018 at 1:58 PM, Jimbaround said:

I watched two episodes of season two and it fell off my radar.  I was getting pissed at Pete being such a dumbass (the broken coffee table, etc.).
I guess I'll have to finish out the remaining shows of this season.

This. Watched the first couple and then forgot about it. Will have to finish it out it sounds like.

On 3/28/2018 at 2:17 PM, 4th&Five said:

Love the show and the podcast is really good when he has a guest on I like. He actually said on the newest one that his wife is pregnant. 

I love his standup and listen to the podcast when he has a guest I like, but honestly he annoys me by how much he constantly interrupts his guests.  It never fails they'll be talking about something really interesting to me when Pete will try to insert himself mid-sentence and derail the entire topic.

17 hours ago, Finkle_Is_Einhorn said:

Binged two seasons in under a week.  Crazy to see Pete Holmes in his own show.  I remember watching shorts with him in it on College Humor years ago.  

He temporarily had a late night show called The Pete Holmes Show. It was on network TV, so it was all clean comedy. So was surprised how many times he dropped a fuck into his HBO special i saw.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/29/2019 at 1:17 PM, 4th&Five said:

I listened to Pete’s podcast and knew his standup before crashing. If I hadn’t I’d probably think he was unlikeable too. I’m liking season 3 so far. 

9 hours ago, RPM said:

Just saw Judd Apatow on Conan. It's cancelled. Series finale Sunday. Might be a movie.

I like the show a lot and am still watching but even knowing his stand up before the character he plays on the show is such an over the top and unlikable idiot that it is sometimes hard to watch. And aside from his comedian GF the casting of the most homely and unattractive love interests they could find for him was probably not a great idea if they were looking for viewers. Especially in their target demo. 

i like the show ok, but can't decide if i like pete himself or his standup.  i was offered tickets to go see him right before this season started and i turned them down.  i just don't know if his act is that funny to me, but i did like the original format of the show.

that said, his love interest this season might be the most terrible and annoying character currently airing on american television.  and she's not cute.  at all.  or pretty.  or exotic.  and i know that new york is different sort of, and that the comedy scene has its own perspective, but it got really annoying that every comedian he came across refers to her as "crazy fucking hot" or this past week when amy schumer called her a "fifteen" or something (i can't remember, maybe it was an 11).

i can't be the only one, right?  my tastes haven't strayed off the norm?

• Like 2

Maybe she grows on you in person? But yeah, if attractive at all, it’s in an extreme oddball way. Body seems good.

I watch the show, and think this is the best season yet, but the idea of a movie is perplexing. An HBO movie? I’d watch it because it would seem to be an extension of the series. A movie movie? Where you go to a theater and pay to see it? I can’t imagine 10 people would pay to see a Crashing movie, but that’s just me.

3 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Maybe she grows on you in person? But yeah, if attractive at all, it’s in an extreme oddball way. Body seems good.

I watch the show, and think this is the best season yet, but the idea of a movie is perplexing. An HBO movie? I’d watch it because it would seem to be an extension of the series. A movie movie? Where you go to a theater and pay to see it? I can’t imagine 10 people would pay to see a Crashing movie, but that’s just me.

they did it i think with hello ladies, and i can't remember if i even watched it.  and if i did, i can't remember if it was good.  not a great sign.

3 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

i like the show ok, but can't decide if i like pete himself or his standup.  i was offered tickets to go see him right before this season started and i turned them down.  i just don't know if his act is that funny to me, but i did like the original format of the show.

that said, his love interest this season might be the most terrible and annoying character currently airing on american television.  and she's not cute.  at all.  or pretty.  or exotic.  and i know that new york is different sort of, and that the comedy scene has its own perspective, but it got really annoying that every comedian he came across refers to her as "crazy fucking hot" or this past week when amy schumer called her a "fifteen" or something (i can't remember, maybe it was an 11).

i can't be the only one, right?  my tastes haven't strayed off the norm?

Good body. Weird hair. Big nose. She's hot by objective fitnesses standards, but her face isn't beautiful by objective beauty standards - if that makes sense. 

In fact, I'd say the Teacher from Eastbound and Down's first season has an objectively more beautiful face, even if she probably weighs 150% of the GF from this season of Crashing, so she's not as "fit."

3 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Yeah I was specifically talking about her and his ex wife.