Crashing (HBO)

NoRagrets

6 hours ago, hornian said:

In fact, I'd say the Teacher from Eastbound and Down's first season has an objectively more beautiful face, even if she probably weighs 150% of the GF from this season of Crashing, so she's not as "fit."

What's happened to Katy Mixon is a gotdam national tragedy.

54 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

The S3 girlfriend looks like a chick that doesn't wear deodorant and has keto crotch.  A double whammy of horrible aromas.

Her eyebrows remind me of this chick.

latest?cb=20130825083046

14 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Damn.... spoiler tags would have been nice, maybe lye to wash out my eyes

tumblr_nw9s5nkYOl1so18vqo2_1280.gif

• Like 1

On 3/8/2019 at 11:43 AM, henrygandorf said:

i like the show ok, but can't decide if i like pete himself or his standup.  i was offered tickets to go see him right before this season started and i turned them down.  i just don't know if his act is that funny to me, but i did like the original format of the show.

His most recent special was pretty forgettable, so if that was what he was touring at the time you didn't miss much.  His first album "Impregnated with Wonder," which the show borrowed some jokes from early on, is fantastic and I've probably listened to it about three times now.

4 hours ago, RPM said:

Read somewhere AT&T fired the guy running HBO. They are going to take a Netflix approach of quantity over quality because as we all know, AT&T gives zero fucks about quality.

HBO produces and/or televises a fraction of the original content Netflix does.

Good luck with that, AT&T.

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 1:03 AM, RPM said:

Nice way to leave things. I liked the series and the backstories. Showtime cancelled I'm Dying Up Here which was a sort of shittier reto version of the same thing. Liked that one, too.

I would love to hear Seinfeld's thoughts on both shows.  he does such a great job breaking down comedy, and comics, in his series. I like that he's gotten interested in the art form, instead of just making money on it.

Always enjoyed the series. Would like to do some XXX stuff to Allie.

The tall blonde was not hot. Only time she was hot was when Shumer was in the same bar.

Hate to see it go but I also hate shows that linger way past it’s time.

I just learned that “Allie” was Pete’s gf in real life many years ago.

Also, I really enjoyed I’m Dying Up here. Didn’t realize that it was cancelled.

10 minutes ago, scottsins said:

I just learned that “Allie” was Pete’s gf in real life many years ago.

Also, I really enjoyed I’m Dying Up here. Didn’t realize that it was cancelled.

for premium networks (with no commercials), shows don't really get "cancelled".  they just don't get renewed, so you typically hear less about it.  they'll run the full season, and then it just never comes back.

5 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

for premium networks (with no commercials), shows don't really get "cancelled".  they just don't get renewed, so you typically hear less about it.  they'll run the full season, and then it just never comes back.

LOL, that's almost exactly what Apatow said on Conan. "They didn't tell us we were cancelled, they told us we should never make any more."

well from a business perspective, it makes sense.

with a show on nbc, you've already sold the ads during up-fronts that will air on certain days and accompany certain shows.  for that reason, they have to be very careful what they're airing and when, because if you get too trigger happy you will fuck over your advertisers.  they order a certain amount, then they can order some more, and ad sales will keep up. 

hbo can say fuck it, go make 8, we're gonna air 8, and we'll talk later.

• 2 months later...