Assman

Suit tailor in Dallas area

Looking for a good suit tailor in the Dallas area.  I don't mind paying more for quality work.  Looking for something above your average Men's Warehouse in-house tailor.

Bumping this.   I too am interested in anyone who has had a good experience with a good tailor (who could tailor a suit) in Dallas.

Also interested in any buying experience you guys have had both for off the rack and "solid but relatively economical" tailored suits in Dallas. Willing to jump in to a good tailored suit situation for $1000 or less but mostly interested in something lower that I can take to a good tailor.

My issue is that I am a short fatass so I really should get something tailored but a few off the rack suits have worked fine in the past.  I've done fine with Mens Wearhouse but lately they just haven't been able to help me.

8 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Bumping this.   I too am interested in anyone who has had a good experience with a good tailor (who could tailor a suit) in Dallas.

Also interested in any buying experience you guys have had both for off the rack and "solid but relatively economical" tailored suits in Dallas. Willing to jump in to a good tailored suit situation for $1000 or less but mostly interested in something lower that I can take to a good tailor.

My issue is that I am a short fatass so I really should get something tailored but a few off the rack suits have worked fine in the past.  I've done fine with Mens Wearhouse but lately they just haven't been able to help me.

You could probably make a good first start by buying jacket and pants separately, separately sized, at various places that do that.  Still going to have to have some tailoring, but probably less drastic than starting from scratch/bespoke, and cheaper too.

42 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Yes, and thus, I am seeking recommendations of where to start....and who to see about the tailoring.

And there I can't help because my go to alterations guy has retired.  Doing alterations is less critical than having them make you a suit, fairly obviously.

There was a really good alteration place off mockingburd near campisis. I haven't been there in years so no idea if it's still there or open

The women at Sun's Tailor will do you right.  190 & 75.  They may implode Collin Creek (they are in the strip just south of it) but these women will still be in business 20 years from now.

They can get you fixed up in an emergency overnight.  They can do wonders with *anything*, any type of clothing, any alteration.  They rock.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sun's+Tailor/@33.0091039,-96.71415,17.5z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x864c18de77b0b24b:0xa0fabb57c62140df!8m2!3d33.0101075!4d-96.7122321

If you are an odd-size person, I highly recommend a custom suit made by Tom James.  They will bug the crap out of you every year after you buy from them once, but you WILL fell like a million bucks, after you spend what will feel like a million bucks.  It's cheaper to go to Vegas, and even cheaper to go to Dubai or Hong Kong, when you factor in the TCO of the whole thing.

But for a single suit, Tom James will come to you, measure you, and then even bring the finished article to you.  Beware, it takes WEEKS AND WEEKS to get the suit.

2 hours ago, Spur08 said:

There was a really good alteration place off mockingburd near campisis. I haven't been there in years so no idea if it's still there or open

This where we go. Unique Tailor I believe.

I have used an Asian lady based out of a dry cleaners in Richardson/N. Dallas.   Came highly recommended from multiple people.  I’ve been very satisfied on 2 occasions with alterations done to suits bought off the rack.  SW corner of Coit/Campbell (name escapes me, it’s the only dry cleaner on that corner).

I ended up using The Tailor Shop, which it looks like he recently moved shops and is now on Riverfront Blvd.  http://www.tailorshopdallas.com/

He did a great job considering my out of proportion upper body.  It was pricey, but worth it imo.

Bumping this. Anyone ever heard of L&K tailor (https://www.lktailor.com/)? They travel around doing measurements and send to HK for assembly. 

also someone mentioned Vegas above. What’s the deal there? I’ll be in Vegas next week. 

semi fat dude who wants a nice fit. Not 1% by any means so curious what something like that would run.