The Dirty Dirt: The World of Modern Recruiting

Neonmoon

7 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Remind me again, how long did it take Oklahoma to apologize for the Tulsa Race Riots?

Fuck the state of Oklahoma and any other state’s racist past.  OU the team was progressive w black athletes.  Enjoy living in the world’s biggest shithole - you’re in college station right?  

Edited by ChiTownDoc

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Fuck the state of Oklahoma and any other state’s racist past.  OU the team was progressive w black athletes.  Enjoy living in the world’s biggest shithole - you’re in college station right?  

How is the south side of Chicago? Plenty of crappy ass public housing there and nearby. Anyway, go back to the politics board. Walden Ponderer is a good poster.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bevo said:

How is the south side of Chicago? Plenty of crappy ass public housing there and nearby. Anyway, go back to the politics board. Walden Ponderer is a good poster.

Lol.  I’m in Gold Coast.  But I’m assuming the south side is better than college station. You racist?  I’m good w the south side.  Fuck college station and the retard red necks there.  Fuck you if sympathize w them.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Lol.  I’m in Gold Coast.  But I’m assuming the south side is better than college station. You racist?  I’m good w the south side.  Fuck college station and the retard red necks there.  Fuck you if sympathize w them.  

Walden Ponderer is a hippie living in College Station. You are nothing like a hippie - just a dem living in demsville talking down about rural America but with no self awareness about your own surroundings . But, I;m begging you to take this shit back to the politics board.

• Like 1

All they or their parents have to do is post about it on social media and it would cause a shitstorm. Imagine if some parent posted "Man A&M is dirty as fuck trying to buy my son like he's a slave" and then posted a pic of a bag filled with money. Then a million fans tweet it at the NCAA account. Not saying it would result in anything but it would cause quite a stir to say the least and Im surprised it doesn't happen more. 
Does having a bought aggy player doing it count?7193438bf82ed784bfd0a549d15c53ae.jpg
  • Like 2

On 12/28/2018 at 8:30 AM, HenryJames said:

In the year that we offered Fournette $350,000, this is the class we signed.

Some solid production out of a pretty low-ranked class. D'onta and Armanti. Heard. LJoe and Leonard contributed. Poona is probably the gem of that class behind D'Onta. Beck did WORK this year and last. I'd argue that Elijah Rodriguez and Jason Hall both outplayed their ranking here.

On 12/29/2018 at 10:29 AM, Newy25 said:

In 2009, an Alabama assistant coach told a Desoto recruit he would help him with his standardized testing. And I do not mean tutoring. 

It was reported to the NCAA at the time. You want to guess want ever came out of it? 

He became defensive coordinator?

8 hours ago, TexMexBuddha said:

Didn't we hire him as d line coach?

I wasn't sure which coach he was referencing specifically (sounds like you're implying Bo Davis which is probably the case). I was just  alluding to Lupoi's reputation as a bagman. I know he didn't get to Bama until after this time period. When talking about Bama's bagmen, it can all get a little convoluted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IDIOTsavant said:

I wasn't sure which coach he was referencing specifically (sounds like you're implying Bo Davis which is probably the case). I was just  alluding to Lupoi's reputation as a bagman. I know he didn't get to Bama until after this time period. When talking about Bama's bagmen, it can all get a little convoluted.

Yes I was implying Bo Davis, but I think Chris Vaughn's antics with ACT testing are what I thought of originally with Newy25's comment. But yeah...Bama.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
7 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Topic of the day from @Doc Sam Beckett

How dirty is Clemson?

He believes they are similar to Texas/ND/Michigan and not like like Georgia/Oregon/Bama

I would put Clemson in the middle, Dabo does actually care about the character of the guys he recruits and does recruit to his culture. He doesn't recruit the straight mercenaries that UGA/UO/Bama does. But to claim that Clemson has the institutional aversion to cheating that UT/ND/UM has is just laughable. 

Of course there are different levels to it. While I agree that Dabo cares, blah blah blah. That is for the three stars on the roster. Some of the 5 stars are bought and paid for. Thinking otherwise is pure naivety. (Caveat. Yes, there ones that don’t have their hand out. Once you win a couple of titles, it’s easier to pick those guys up, I get it)

Here are the different levels that I’ve heard. Feel free to correct me 

$100 dollar handshakes 

Recruiting Visit Fee 

Money to Sign -

Money to sign + monthly allowance 

Six Figure contract 

18 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

I would put Clemson in the middle, Dabo does actually care about the character of the guys he recruits and does recruit to his culture. He doesn't recruit the straight mercenaries that UGA/UO/Bama does. But to claim that Clemson has the institutional aversion to cheating that UT/ND/UM has is just laughable. 

Fair enough 

3 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Of course there are different levels to it. While I agree that Dabo cares, blah blah blah. That is for the three stars on the roster. Some of the 5 stars are bought and paid for. Thinking otherwise is pure naivety. (Caveat. Yes, there ones that don’t have their hand out. Once you win a couple of titles, it’s easier to pick those guys up, I get it)

Here are the different levels that I’ve heard. Feel free to correct me 

$100 dollar handshakes 

Recruiting Visit Fee 

Money to Sign -

Money to sign + monthly allowance 

Six Figure contract 

With no inside information, I’d say they’re at least a good step away form the UGA’s and UO’s of the world. They usually stay away from the obvious hands out recruitments and they usually have a pretty balanced class (besides this year) of long-term development guys who aren’t your typical bidding wars. That’s not to say they don’t pony up for certain elite talents like Xavier Thomas. It seems like usually if a school is extremely dirty, they recruit at a national championship level before you see any sign of that type of winning on the field.

Maybe Clemson decided to start ponying up this year, or maybe winning 2 titles in 3 years with the best quarterback in years returning for two more years will do that for you.