Agents of SHIELD

Js1

After REALLY hitting its stride in Season 5, but the numbers weren't good, it looked dead.

After the "short" Season 6 was announced, I figured that would be the farewell season.  BUT WRONG I WAS!

https://deadline.com/2018/11/marvels-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-renewed-for-season-7-by-abc-1202503797/

Ahead of its sixth season premiere this summer, ABC has renewed Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. for a seventh season. It is believed to consist of 13 episodes, on par with Season 6.

tenor.gif?itemid=4226428

I thought it has been known since the start of the last partial season that there would be 13 more shows after Avenger 4 (endgame).  At the time, they were calling it a split season.  I guess they just decided to go ahead and call it a new season.

They've finished production of season 6 according to this and plan to start season 7 production in February.  

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/12/27/agents-of-shield-season-7-production-start-date/

It's pretty clear they took a major budget cut last season.  Lot's of sound-stage dialogue scenes and dramatically reduced FX.  I'm about 1/2 though the season and it's a bit of a drag, tbh. I'll watch it till the end because I've come this far, but it's definitely not it's high points during the ghost rider season.

Chloe Bennett is smoke.

Edited by Bateshorn

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 11:44 AM, huge said:

I like Marvel stuff fine, is this worth starting at the beginning?  And is such a thing even possible?

Yes.  But only because it really gives so much backstory and tie ins...but by season 2 it hits it's stride and you'll be hooked.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

And I heard it was renewed for ANOTHER season?!?

I mean, hell...I thought last season was the last season, and while I enjoyed it, you could tell they had a much smaller budget to work with.  But this trailer looks like they got some money again.

Evil Coulson(if he is evil and not just different because of some interdimensional hijinks), should be fun.

It hit it's stride? Really. I quit watching exactly at zombie Ward. That season was bad.

On 12/28/2018 at 11:37 AM, Bateshorn said:

Chloe Bennett is smoke.

I got to meet her. She's cute but short. Isn't she dating Logan Paul?

1 hour ago, Drew said:

And I heard it was renewed for ANOTHER season?!?

Correct.

Two 13-episode seasons versus a 22-episode season.  Sounds like they want to give it 2 shorter seasons to finish instead of 1 longer season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ajax said:

It hit it's stride? Really. I quit watching exactly at zombie Ward. That season was bad.

I got to meet her. She's cute but short. Isn't she dating Logan Paul?

Yeah right around Winter Soldier Agents of Shield got really good.  Went all the way through the first half or so of last season.

• 1 year later...
40 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

Anyone else watching this final (for real) season?  I’ve enjoyed it. They’ve done a good job playing on the themes and nostalgia from each era in a light hearted way. I was hoping they’d pick up Peggy Carter too. 

Yeah I’ve been liking it. Enoch rules 

Edited by Js1

On 7/12/2020 at 9:11 PM, UT_OB1 said:

Anyone else watching this final (for real) season?  I’ve enjoyed it. They’ve done a good job playing on the themes and nostalgia from each era in a light hearted way. I was hoping they’d pick up Peggy Carter too. 

I'm hearing this season is pretty amazing, one of their best ones and I'm just waiting for it to end so I can binge it like I did last season.  

On 7/12/2020 at 9:51 PM, Js1 said:

Yeah I’ve been liking it. Enoch rules 

I concur (Enoch voice)

2 hours ago, Drew said:

I'm hearing this season is pretty amazing, one of their best ones and I'm just waiting for it to end so I can binge it like I did last season.  

It probably is the best season.  Other than one hunter that felt very over the top, the rest of the actors have all been solid. 

• Like 1

The 1980s episode with the robots was just too fucking cheezy over the top for me.  I understand it had to be cheezy 1980s versions of robots due to "technology" issues, but that was bad.

I know its on its last FO REALZ season and there are only another 6 episodes left to the close of the series, so Im hoping the writers didnt just get GOT level lazy with the endings and tying up of loose story lines (Fitz being dead/ not dead/ different timeline for example)