Orange Bowl - Oklahoma vs. Alabama

Constant

4 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Yeah, they got it right in replay, but it never should have even needed to go there.  That was a joke.  It wasn't even close to a lateral.  Earn your fucking money and get the easy ones right at least.

That was easy, but there are plenty of times I’d like to see plays continue and let replay sort it out whether than blow it dead too early

8 hours ago, Cajun said:

Disclaimer - Bama wins this game either way.

Having said that, I still can't believe that Riley didn't take the ball on offense first.  It was pretty much a foregone conclusion that Bama was going to march on the ou D.  That first drive had ou on their heels from the outset and allowed Bama to pour it on early giving them little chance to recover in the midst of that 1st quarter.

Dumb, dumb move imo.

Kyler probably asked him to defer until he could stop pissing himself before having to take the field.

Edited by Deej
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cajun said:

Disclaimer - Bama wins this game either way.

Having said that, I still can't believe that Riley didn't take the ball on offense first.  It was pretty much a foregone conclusion that Bama was going to march on the ou D.  That first drive had ou on their heels from the outset and allowed Bama to pour it on early giving them little chance to recover in the midst of that 1st quarter.

Dumb, dumb move imo.

Said the second this happened. You have one of the worst defenses in the country. Why the fuck would you want them out there to open the game against maybe the best offense? Once Bama marched down for any easy 7-0 lead, you knew OU was in trouble. Mentally that fucked them and once they went 3 and out, you could feel the avalanche coming. No idea what he was thinking. You won all year with offense. Put them out there first. Even if you don't score, try and get a few first downs and settle the game down.

5 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Said the second this happened. You have one of the worst defenses in the country. Why the fuck would you want them out there to open the game against maybe the best offense? Once Bama marched down for any easy 7-0 lead, you knew OU was in trouble. Mentally that fucked them and once they went 3 and out, you could feel the avalanche coming. No idea what he was thinking. You won all year with offense. Put them out there first. Even if you don't score, try and get a few first downs and settle the game down.

its all about trying to get back to back possessions end of 1H and start of 2H.  lots of coaches, especially air raid guys, think that way.  I'm not saying it was right, its just that a leopard doesn't change his spots.

12 hours ago, kopp0e said:

You've gotta be able to see a joke for what it is, I think  2 calls could have went the other way, but I doubt it makes a difference in the final outcome/ I'll root 4 Tide on 1-7-19...

Yeah, I saw your post as a joke but there are seriously a lot of Sooners online with the "Bama paid the refs or we would have won" bulshit. It was just shitty reffing both ways.

• Like 1

This OU team and the Big XII in general remind me of playing roundball vs 1989 Loyola Marymount.  If Saban hadn't taken his foot off the gas to limit OU's possessions,  this could easily have been one of those last drive wins type games.  And to think at 28-0 I was wondering if OU would ever make a game of it.  

There was too much groping and slapping allowed by the OU dbs and their OL's hands were busier than a ninth grader on a hot date.  Shit, I'm just glad we'll never see that jackrabbit on meth again on a football field, or his sourpuss Aggy Papa's frowning face.  Also, to be fair, #5 being dinged up made defending Murray somewhat easier for Bama.  Clemson will be a very different story.

On 12/30/2018 at 8:36 PM, MrPhlegm said:
On 12/30/2018 at 7:42 PM, mdmost said:
Finally got a team to bottle that little Ewok up for an entire half. Loved watching his dumbface experience failure for a 2nd time. I hope he goes to the NFL were every team is full of defenders like Bama has. 

Naw he's going to the minors where every pitcher is gonna knock his bitch ass down wit de high and inside.

It must be sobering knowing that even though he's moving from big time college football to riding a yellow bus for a minor leage baseball team that there will be no diffence in the fact that every dude on that team could kick his ass with ease.

Just can't fix short.

20 hours ago, dcar00 said:

its all about trying to get back to back possessions end of 1H and start of 2H.  lots of coaches, especially air raid guys, think that way.  I'm not saying it was right, its just that a leopard doesn't change his spots.

And I get that but I always hated started a game down 7-0. Even if I get the ball to start the 2nd half.

On 12/30/2018 at 5:14 PM, ADHD said:

Kyler is a terrible name for a dude.

its the whole Kyle Field thing.  you can't imagine how many red ass aggy name their sons Kyle. it would be like Texas fans naming their kids Darrell.  

of course, Murray couldn't go with Kyle they had to do something original. although at least he had the sense not to go with Da'Kyle or Kyleshon.

On 12/31/2018 at 10:49 PM, dcar00 said:

Yes, but Alabama has elected to receive in every game this year (I believe). So you're giving them exactly what they want. Which, I don't know, may not be a great plan.

16 hours ago, dcar00 said:

its the whole Kyle Field thing.  you can't imagine how many red ass aggy name their sons Kyle. it would be like Texas fans naming their kids Darrell.  

of course, Murray couldn't go with Kyle they had to do something original. although at least he had the sense not to go with Da'Kyle or Kyleshon.

Da’Kyle would actually be kind of cool, which is why no dumbass aggy would ever choose it.

1 hour ago, BHMCruiser said:

Yes, but Alabama has elected to receive in every game this year (I believe). So you're giving them exactly what they want. Which, I don't know, may not be a great plan.

All but one, the SECCG. We see how that nearly blew up in our face. It is kind of weird seeing that though, as we used to always defer to second half, when we won the toss. We Big 12 now.