Shaggy Fantasy basketball

Goo Punch

Man... dropping more games for "rest" from Jimmy Butler and Kevin Love. Basketball is just the WORST on this kind of thing. I get the logic behind it, but you're paid mega millions to be an elite athlete in a relatively low impact sport, and average joe is buying nosebleeds a month in advance with no way to know if they're seeing the best players that they're paying to see. 

plus it's screwing over my fantasy team which is real injustice lol

so durant is going to be day to day during my most important week of the season and ibaka decides to go off and get himself suspended for this week and probably more. 

oh, and elfrid fucking payton gets a triple double against me.  not ben simmons, nikola jokic, draymond green or luka doncic.  nope, elfrid fucking payton.

i think he (elfrid peyton) had one against me earlier this year. if not then it was last year. so frustrating.

the worst though was when RC (who's becoming my nemesis with how we keep finding ourselves battling each other every year a la you and HG) added Kyle Anderson against me this year and he got a TD in his very first game for RC. I think he got something like 10/10/10 too. so aggravating lol.

Edited by Goo Punch

17 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

i think he (elfrid peyton) had one against me earlier this year. if not then it was last year. so frustrating.

the worst though was when RC (who's becoming my nemesis with how we keep finding ourselves battling each other every year a la you and HG) added Kyle Anderson against me this year and he got a TD in his very first game for RC. I think he got something like 10/10/10 too. so aggravating lol.

Says the man who picked up Rondo and got a Trip Dub 3 days later lol. Not that it matters because you got another from Lowry

I'll take being your nemesis though.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

Well Derka you had the better team all season, but at least I held out till the last day. I’m now officially eliminated just short in a few categories. Your Rondo pickup was a game changer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad that two weeks is over. Even though I had the lead you were never more than one good day away from taking over any one of four of five different categories the entire time, which did happen with fluidity throughout the matchup, all the way down until the very end. IIRC you won both the regular season and playoffs last year where I got runner up in both? Regardless, this rivalry we have going is a good one, and i don't expect it to let up any time soon. Best of luck the rest of the way. Until we meet again.

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

welp, that was tough. i fought hard but lost to a great team. congrats troy.

also, jeremy lamb for MVP! lol

(Lamb was on Troy's team, got hurt, got dropped, got added by me, and then in the two games he played for me he goes 1/11 and 3/7. I was winning our matchup until about two hours before it ended when i lost the FG% category. Thanks Jeremy, lol.)

On 2/26/2019 at 8:50 AM, BigOrange1 said:

here is where we are:

derka and i received byes.

#3 radical larry vs. #6 anthony day to davis (rc ranger)

#4 sucka punchin rudy t (troy mcclure) vs. #5 capn81

derka will get the lowest seeded team that advances in the semis and i'll get the highest seeded team that advances.

payouts:

regular season champ (derka) - $125

league champion - $325

runner up - $200

consolation round "winner" - $100

good luck men.

payouts - swearengen $325, derka $325, me $100.

derka, your payout will be $190 ($325 less the $60 balance you still have left less the $75 entry fee from your friend who doesn't post here.  as he doesn't post here and i have no way of contacting him (and it'll just be easier for you to do it) you can collect that $75 from him).

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m definitely down with keepers and I’ve been thinking about how to do this for a couple of weeks now. 

First thing we should consider is the number of players you can keep. I like the idea of no more than 2 and as little as zero. I think 2 is as high as we should go to ensure player turnover from year to year. On the other side I like the idea of keeping zero players if you choose. If your team sucked and you want to go into next season with all your picks then so be it. 

As for the rules about how to keep players I have a few ideas as well. 

1) You can’t keep your first round pick. I’m open to extending that rule to the 2nd round as well depending on what y’all think. Again this rule would help ensure the top players move from year to year

2) Every player kept comes with an escalating scale of draft value. If you want to keep your 5th round pick this year then it will cost you a 4th round pick next year. For example I drafted Luka in the 4th round last year. So he would count as my 3rd round pick this year. 

3)  When players are traded for they keep the same draft value. If you trade for someone’s 4th round pick will cost you 3rd. However, if you trade for a player that has the same draft value as a player you drafted you can’t keep both. So you can’t trade for someone’s 4th round pick and keep your 4th round pick and the player you traded for. You gotta choose one. 

Im sure there are things I’ve missed so let me know what you guys think 

i think the general consensus is that we're all down to switch to a keeper league, so now we really just need to hash out the specifics, imo. I like the idea of leaving the first two rounds out of it, but other than that i don't have much in the way of opinions on how this should be done as this will be my first time doing a keeper league. 

Edited by Goo Punch

Ok, can everyone confirm whether they are in or not?  And if in, the name of your team as it shows on espn right now (you can change it after the draft if you want)

@RCRanger03

@Goo Punch

@Radical Larry

@Bobby Light

@RexWilson

@Swearengen

@NOMAAA

@Capn81

Derka, can you confirm your friend is back and his team name (and get his ass signed up for surly even if all he does is post on this thread).

5 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

Ok, can everyone confirm whether they are in or not?  And if in, the name of your team as it shows on espn right now (you can change it after the draft if you want)

@RCRanger03

@Goo Punch

@Radical Larry

@Bobby Light

@RexWilson

@Swearengen

@NOMAAA

@Capn81

Derka, can you confirm your friend is back and his team name (and get his ass signed up for surly even if all he does is post on this thread).

I'm in, team name RCRanger03