Shaggy Fantasy basketball

Goo Punch

6 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

i think i got someone who i can vouch for to take over Troy's team. I'm sending BO his email right now. 

i'll send him the invite, but i'm not really interested in continuing this league if it is going to consist of multiple non-surly posters. 

i'd be more than willing to add 2 new (surly member) teams next season but we have enough trouble finding 10 people who want to play.

everyone in the world plays fantasy football (which is pretty boring and non-strategic at all).  can't believe we can't find 10-12 guys on this website who want to play fantasy basketball.

Fucking finally. I've got someone to take over the league, I know this guy and can vouch for him, *and* i'm going to get both him and Durdy to sign up for shaggy and start posting, because @BigOrange1 is right, this league is 100x more fun if it's all shaggy posters who are at least somewhat active, a la our baseball league. this guy is excited to take over and will definitely be keeping up with the team. i'm gonna pm BO his info and hopefully we can have him taking the team over fully by tomorrow. 

btw, as most of you know i've long said that the 10th pick is the best pick in this league. well, if you needed more proof, our little newbie @BallamaticBevo spent his first two picks on LeBron and Doncic. why did we invite this guy again? dude's trying to win the league in his first year, wtf is that about?!

(and yes, i've sent him several 3-for-1 offers for both of them. for some reason he keeps turning down my dope ass offers though.)

Edited by Goo Punch

• 2 weeks later...

These splits are insane:

Jarrett Allen before I traded him:

12 G, 5.7 FGA, 8.6 REB, 2.7 OREB, 9.4 PPG

Jarrett Allen since I traded him;

11 G, 9.2 FGA, 12.7 REB, 4.8 OREB, 15.5 PPG

also his steaks and assists are up as well. i don't k le why you jabronis are so afraid to trade with me with as often as this happens. it's like black magic or something. 

just gonna throw this out there to see if i can't drum up a little interest in some trade action. as we all know this league is in its first year as a keeper league, so we all must have a player's keeper value in mind when talking trades. with that being said, i'm now going to list some of my players who possess good-great keeper value, and where i drafted them. that way if you like one of them and would like to have them as a keeper you can initiate a trade offer. 

Trae Young: picked round 3, would be a 2nd round keeper. 29 pts, 8.4 ast, 4 reb, 1.3 stl, 3.5 3PM

Damontas Sabonis: 6th round pick, 5th round keeper. 18.4 pts, 13.5 reb, 3.7 ast

Fred VanVleet: FA add, i believe we said either 10th or 12th round keeper(?) either way: 18 pts, 7 ast, 4 reb, 2 stl, 2.6 3PM

Edited by Goo Punch

On 12/10/2019 at 9:53 PM, Goo Punch said:

just gonna throw this out there to see if i can't drum up a little interest in some trade action. as we all know this league is in its first year as a keeper league, so we all must have a player's keeper value in mind when talking trades. with that being said, i'm now going to list some of my players who possess good-great keeper value, and where i drafted them. that way if you like one of them and would like to have them as a keeper you can initiate a trade offer. 

Trae Young: picked round 3, would be a 2nd round keeper. 29 pts, 8.4 ast, 4 reb, 1.3 stl, 3.5 3PM

Damontas Sabonis: 6th round pick, 5th round keeper. 18.4 pts, 13.5 reb, 3.7 ast

Fred VanVleet: FA add, i believe we said either 10th or 12th round keeper(?) either way: 18 pts, 7 ast, 4 reb, 2 stl, 2.6 3PM

FA/WW were decided as 10th rounders. Whoever has Devonte Graham, enjoy... and I hate you  

• Like 2

On 12/14/2019 at 10:58 PM, Goo Punch said:

pretty good chance i'd be winning both rebounding categories along with blocks if Andre Drummond could stop having allergic reactions to everything he eats. that's twice in one week now, come on man!

he's out again tonight! how does eating an avocado last wednesday knock a guy out tonight?!

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29f8261d462fe992b4d8

Alright I have to admit, I was just as skeptical as all of you (hence the 96 rejected trade offers i've sent over the last three weeks), but at this point i have to thank you all for rejecting my advances *pause*. Now i'm fully on board- the Derrick Rose/Carmelo Anthony Senior Circuit rides on!! Keep doing work boys! 

Man, the shaggy fantasy baseball thread stays super active throughout every season. i wish this thread was n and popping like that one. that said, we've had a few blockbuster trades lately, so we've got that going for us which is nice. and, i need to get my two buddies on here. LOWRY i know very well but i don't see him often. dude who took over for RICK JAMES BITCH (or maybe that's his original name?) i don't know him super well but we do know each other and he is definitely a more th an capable fantasy manager. he just snaked me for Satoransky off the WW, lol. i'm gonna redouble my efforts to get them to sign up and start posting. 

Man, the shaggy fantasy baseball thread stays super active throughout every season. i wish this thread was n and popping like that one. that said, we've had a few blockbuster trades lately, so we've got that going for us which is nice. and, i need to get my two buddies on here. LOWRY i know very well but i don't see him often. dude who took over for RICK JAMES BITCH (or maybe that's his original name?) i don't know him super well but we do know each other and he is definitely a more th an capable fantasy manager. he just snaked me for Satoransky off the WW, lol. i'm gonna redouble my efforts to get them to sign up and start posting. 

first big trade of the season. nice. i certainly think that one team got the better of the trade, but i suppose time will tell. 

time has told. RC Ranger's season before December 5th:

61d49a66bf4c3c74211c3afeda1c54d3.jpg

*essentially trades Kawhi for Jokic and Kristaps on Dec 5th*

RC's season after December 5th:

d40ed1f517c681c3c9a36baf15fc2fcf.jpg

helluva trade. probably made you the team to beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 12/5/2019 at 6:48 PM, Goo Punch said:
first big trade of the season. nice. i certainly think that one team got the better of the trade, but i suppose time will tell. 

time has told. RC Ranger's season before December 5th:

61d49a66bf4c3c74211c3afeda1c54d3.jpg

*trades Kawhi for Jokic and Kristaps on Dec 5th*

RC's season after December 5th:

d40ed1f517c681c3c9a36baf15fc2fcf.jpg

helluva trade. probably made you the team to beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Goo Punch

*trades Kawhi for Jokic and Kristaps on Dec 5th*

Kawhi, TJ Warren, and Jabari, and I believe Jabari and Warren are still on a roster somewhere, otherwise I would have picked at least TJ Warren back up. That dude is my homie, I've rostered him like the last 3 or 4 seasons.

Jokic always play his way from fatass into shape by December, it's his one constant lol

Edited by RCRanger03

It's my time in the ol' injury meatgrinder

Isaac out 8-10 weeks, maybe the rest of the year

Porzingis no timetable for return 

Wendell Carter Jr - Out until after the allstar break

Embiid - Dislocated finger, no timetable for return 

I've been stashing OPJ but that might coming to and end and just had to drop bog bog to avoid half my roster being listed as OUT

Taking offers for Jonathan Isaac as a keeper for next year

He'll be gettable for an 8th round pick based on where I drafted him this year, and was ranked Top 30 for the whole season until his injury (with a less than 5% chance he'll come back this season for the playoffs, but they've applied for a disabled player exemption for him this season). His injury was surprisingly not serious long term (no internal damage to the knee) and they're not pursuing surgical repair so he'll definitely be golden next year.

I'm not dropping this season if yall were hoping to vulture him off the wire. He's my best keeper, but I'll deal him if the value is fair since I'm almost 50% injured for the next month and a half and have a shot this year if I can survive that.

• 2 weeks later...